Back to track Oh-Ya

BLK93GT

Established Member
Nice time Ted!! ;) I wish I could have been there!! :( I was sick almost all weekend sadly.

You going to the track on Weds. for Mustang night?

Dave

bluestreak89

Established Member
I'm glad to see this car owning up to the hype. Makes it an even bigger tragedy about the weight. It would have wet everyone's panties to have this car about 200lbs less and running those low 12's/ high 11's on stock tires. It may happen but wont be a regular occasion. Ford could have made this car what the new Z is to chevy. And it would be nice for the mustang to break the mold of drag only car. No more Ford GT's and now ford doesnt have a legit track car.

The best thing is that with less than 2k you can pulley tune cai exhaust and be 11's pretty easy. Makes me proud. Not bad at all for mid 40's

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
The best thing is that with less than 2k you can pulley tune cai exhaust and be 11's pretty easy. Makes me proud. Not bad at all for mid 40's
Considering you're out of the warranty with those mods there's a HELL of a lot cheaper ways than mid $40k+ to run 11's. :lol:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
10.5secAWDTALON said:
Considering you're out of the warranty with those mods there's a HELL of a lot cheaper ways than mid $40k+ to run 11's. :lol:

If all you want to do is run 11's and don't care what kind of a POS you're driving, I'll bet you could do it for 10k of less!??! :fart:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
I could make a 10 second car for 8 grand, but it'd be a POS...what's your point? The GT500 can make all of this power ON PUMP GAS, look good, daily drive with a/c on all the time, go to the track click off a low 11/high 10 and pimp it without concern of failure. Besides a few American muscle cars, some hyper exotic German's, and a few supras, I don't know of any cars than can make the same claim.

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
If all you want to do is run 11's and don't care what kind of a POS you're driving, I'll bet you could do it for 10k of less!??! :fart:
Very true, but I guess it depends what one's opinion of a POS is.

Folks like to get all pumped up about a 1/4 mile time, stock yeah, it's cool to see a car click off a killer time, but once mods start, it's a different game, warranty is out the window anyhow, depending what folks do driveability goes to shit many times too, DR's & skinnies = shit handling.

I guess I just find it a bit amiss that folks so cavalierly toss around the $40k+ number like it's nothing.

We are getting down to a 1/4 miles number it seems....the cost versus performance ratio means everything.

At the end of the day you're STILL driving a pony car based on a V6 budget chassis, so what really IS a POS?

Some impressive HP numbers are being tossed around, but a reality check for the total cost is well in order considering the overall performance of said vehicle.

Let's now see some handing and braking tests of the now shod with DR/skinnies vehicle...we all know that is now out the window.

It seems folks are just getting intoxicated with the HP/1/4 mile numbers and are completely disregarding the cost and total overall performace of the vehicle.

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I could make a 10 second car for 8 grand, but it'd be a POS...what's your point? The GT500 can make all of this power ON PUMP GAS, look good, daily drive with a/c on all the time, go to the track click off a low 11/high 10 and pimp it without concern of failure. Besides a few American muscle cars, some hyper exotic German's, and a few supras, I don't know of any cars than can make the same claim.
There's a pretty big $$$ spread between your proposed $8k 10 sec POS and a $50k+ GT500. And the GT500 in this state is no longer a car that handles for shit, DR's/skinnies make for a POS on the street in real world driving. You have no warranty, you have no handling, it's loud and rides like shit...so...what really is a POS? Take your $50k and start from scratch, you could do a hell of a lot better.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
At the end of the day you're STILL driving a pony car based on a V6 budget chassis, so what really IS a POS?
Not this car :lol1: Your on the wrong site to be spitting out your opinion on Mustangs.

10.5secAWDTALON said:
Some impressive HP numbers are being tossed around, but a reality check for the total cost is well in order considering the overall performance of said vehicle.
Do you really think people dropping $50K plus on this car give a shit about money? I know a couple may but in reality if you can afford this car money isn't a huge issue. I know some have bought at MSRP but alot have not.

Last edited:

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
2-slow said:
Not this car :lol1: Your on the wrong site to be spitting out your opinion on Mustangs.

Do you really think people dropping $40K plus on this car give a shit about money? I know a couple may but in reality if you can afford this car money isn't a huge issue. I know some have bought at MSRP but alot have not.
I've been around performance cars for over 30 years now, and have owned Mustangs. The fact is a huge part of a muscle car's performance was tied to it's cost ratio, to now toss that out with a GT500 Mustang and say oh well who cares about costs is ludicrous at best.

At the end of the day the question is how much did you spend, how fast is it, and what is the ride overall? $50k for a low 11's pony car is crazy folks, the spirit of the Mustang was ALWAYS bang for the buck, this has now been totally tossed aside to drool over numbers and ignore all costs. Kinda like exotics, price gets tossed to the wind.....

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
Let's now see some handing and braking tests of the now shod with DR/skinnies vehicle...we all know that is now out the window.

It seems folks are just getting intoxicated with the HP/1/4 mile numbers and are completely disregarding the cost and total overall performace of the vehicle.

what the hell are you talking about? you are in the wrong thread. this guy pulls off a good time in a stock gt500 vert and the only thing you can say is what a waste of money?

lets talk about his 12.5 time at 116 for a stock vert rear wheel drive vehicle. where else can you find that for any amount of money. lets talk about taking that same vehicle out and compete with a stock 997 cab or stock c6 vert out on a road course. did i miss a stock vert that can compete with these cars that cost under 50k?

how much have you spent on your car through the years? yes it is still worthless.:pepper: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
10.5secAWDTALON said:
There's a pretty big $$$ spread between your proposed $8k 10 sec POS and a $50k+ GT500. And the GT500 in this state is no longer a car that handles for shit, DR's/skinnies make for a POS on the street in real world driving. You have no warranty, you have no handling, it's loud and rides like shit...so...what really is a POS? Take your $50k and start from scratch, you could do a hell of a lot better.

What kind of a phucking moron is going to put DR's/skinnies on a car and expect it to handle on the street!??! :loser:

bluestreak89

Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:

A POS is a drag civic or rustbox thay you dont want to be seen driving in public or your DD. Sports cars are loud, get over it. Most people who like fast cars and racing are used to and prefer a nice sounding exhaust. I agree that a dedicated track car sucks but a drag GT500 is far from a POS. And what are we talking a bout here, how many people have setups just for the track? A LOT! The evolution car doesnt sound too loud , weighs the same and has a track setup on it. HOW IS THAT A POS?

I guess the point you are trying to make is that we are better of buying a talon and making it run 10's and still have money left over? Well in some people minds that is a POS. To each his own.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
A POS is a drag civic or rustbox thay you dont want to be seen driving in public or your DD. Sports cars are loud, get over it. Most people who like fast cars and racing are used to and prefer a nice sounding exhaust. I agree that a dedicated track car sucks but a drag GT500 is far from a POS. And what are we talking a bout here, how many people have setups just for the track? A LOT! The evolution car doesnt sound too loud , weighs the same and has a track setup on it. HOW IS THAT A POS?
:beer: and all they would need to do is put factory wheels back on it and the car could go autocross if they wanted...even with the drag suspension, all they'd need to do is adjust it to be stiffer.

Fourcam330

Established Member
/sarcasim

MD03SVT said:
Just back back from the track for my 2nd outing with the Shelby & here are the results.Only changes were different launch & shift RPM's.

2.089/8.197/12.567/116.09 100% Stock on goodyears

1.777/7.775/12.102/116.964 with ET Streets

mods are in signature.
next time out with a tune.

Will wonders never cease...How on earth did he trap higher with ET Streets than he did with the stock tires? I thought due to the increased rolling resistance Streets/Slicks provide you always lost trap speed? :rollseyes

In all seriousness, nice runs;-)

Fourcam330

Established Member
10.5secAWDTALON said:
I'm sure Evolution thought they could pull a fast one and cash in on the lemmings that didn't wait to see what the cars can REALLY do with some decent driving and reasonable weather/track conditions. Their joke of a Q/A thread should be locked.

Their car trapped 12mph faster and a full second quicker (still w/out a pulley or headers) on DRs not ET Streets as the vert was using. I'm not following...

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Will wonders never cease...How on earth did he trap higher with ET Streets than he did with the stock tires? I thought due to the increased rolling resistance Streets/Slicks provide you always lost trap speed? :rollseyes

LOL... Thanks for pointing that out;-)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread