Bad day at work

Mike@HBH

Established Member
Actually happened yesterday. The "new guy" was rushing and didn't set the lift correctly. While he was takin the wheels off the car fell. No one was hurt and he was really lucky it wasn't a customers car. ( it was a used car state inspection )
ada69e29-96e9-dba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finaliize

Established Member
Out of curiosity what would the repercussions be had it been a customers car? I know I would flip ape shit if that was my cobra

Mike@HBH

Established Member
shop insurance would usually cover the car.

Yeah but the tech would pay the shops deductible back to the shop and the deductible is Expensive.

He set all the arms on the lift but had the car pulled to far forward and it was unbalanced.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Yeah but the tech would pay the shops deductible back to the shop and the deductible is Expensive.

He set all the arms on the lift but had the car pulled to far forward and it was unbalanced.

ours is only $1000 ded. at the dealer. does not matter if you smash a dealer car into another dealer car or it falls off the lift. its $1000 period. but yes normally paid by the idiot that did it.

lilphillysvt

tommyguns
Established Member

did the pins for the lift arms not drop down into lock position when the vehicle was lifted? just wondering how the driver side lift arm is no where under the vehicle. i use this same lift at work, only reason i ask.

Mike@HBH

Established Member
did the pins for the lift arms not drop down into lock position when the vehicle was lifted? just wondering how the driver side lift arm is no where under the vehicle. i use this same lift at work, only reason i ask.

Locking mechanism for the arms was broken as are many others in our shop. But my opinion, if the car was set on the lift correctly it wouldn't have fallen. The car fell forward and because the locks were inop it kicked both left legs backward.

Users who are viewing this thread