Bad Gas For AED Tune?

bigred2013

Established Member
I just installed my Lethal OffRoad X & AED Base Tune Saturday, got it Datalogged for Sean Sunday and now apparently have bad gas? Idk. Says the octane of the fuel is low but i've never touched anything but 93 in my '13 GT.

Could it possibly be that when I did the logs I only had 25 miles to empty? I always get 93 Octane Shell gas. Or am I missing something? Usually either BP or Shell Gas. Always 93 Octane.:shrug::shrug:

nonliberal

Established Member
I just installed my Lethal OffRoad X & AED Base Tune Saturday, got it Datalogged for Sean Sunday and now apparently have bad gas? Idk. Says the octane of the fuel is low but i've never touched anything but 93 in my '13 GT.

Could it possibly be that when I did the logs I only had 25 miles to empty? I always get 93 Octane Shell gas. Or am I missing something? Usually either BP or Shell Gas. Always 93 Octane.:shrug::shrug:

Get more gas at a different station and try again.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
That's like saying is the last drope of sprite any different then the first? No, nothing to do with being low on gas, I am sure it's just shitty winter blend fuel.

bigred2013

Established Member
I'm thinking that too. Sad thing is I put like $30 worth in it after I did the logs so. I just don't wanna hurt anything on a car w 9k miles haha!

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Someone can correct me, but I don't think it'll "hurt" as the car has knock sensors but you won't get the full hit on the tune either.

nonliberal

Established Member
I'm thinking that too. Sad thing is I put like $30 worth in it after I did the logs so. I just don't wanna hurt anything on a car w 9k miles haha!

It's ok, Shaun seems to be a very patient guy, run that fuel out (drive sensibly if still on base tune) then put better gas in and send him a new log.

bigred2013

Established Member
Well, I had the 25 miles to empty yesterday, and as soon as I got off the interstate from doing the logs, I stopped at put $30 in at a different Shell. Think I should re-do the logs and send them in?

nonliberal

Established Member
Well, I had the 25 miles to empty yesterday, and as soon as I got off the interstate from doing the logs, I stopped at put $30 in at a different Shell. Think I should re-do the logs and send them in?

Since it was a different station I would.

bigred2013

Established Member
Yea, the datalogs of the car when it had 25 miles to E show up to 4.4* of timing if I know what i'm looking at. knock sensor shows 4.4**** at like 5500rpm then it drops off.

bigred2013

Established Member
Winter blend gas is crap gas

Well I talked to Shaun on the phone and he said 5 gallons of 100+ unleaded octane in w a 1/4 tank of 93 will yield answer. Said he could almost bet that will make the knock correct. Now I just gotta find somewhere that sells 100 octane out of a barrell and not a pump

bigred2013

Established Member
Found a place in Nashville called Full Throttle Performance that I believe ( Will Know When I Get A Response ) sells VP 100 Octane Unleaded in 5 Gal. Containers. So. Hopefully I can get my hands on some this week. Mean while, just gotta be easy on it ha!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Found a place in Nashville called Full Throttle Performance that I believe ( Will Know When I Get A Response ) sells VP 100 Octane Unleaded in 5 Gal. Containers. So. Hopefully I can get my hands on some this week. Mean while, just gotta be easy on it ha!

Good luck man

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Yup I had to try 4 different stations. Exxon, mobil, shell, and finally a 10 min drive to another station

All except last had subpar quality gas (during late spring georgia) It pissed me off how horrible the local gas quality was.

I found the 4th one and re datalogged with Shaun and good to go! Then went to E85 with Shaun and the rest is history...

Last edited:

bigred2013

Established Member
Yup I had to try 4 different stations. Exxon, mobil, shell, and finally a 10 min drive to another station

All except last had subpar quality gas (during late spring georgia) It pissed me off how horrible the local gas quality was.

I found the 4th one and re datalogged with Shaun and good to go! Then went to E85 with Shaun and the rest is history...

I think i'm going to try the newest Shell we have, it's right by the interstate which should be a plus ( high volume ) What was the last station you tried?

We also have a Marathon, but never used it.

Users who are viewing this thread