Bad Karma Saturday night racing

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
348A1A71-99E8-4F4C-AF0F-10F0B3AFF299_zpsiw3hgzch.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That's really awesome, I don't think that'll work with a S/C unless I have a wastegate, I could be wrong though. I'm running Davis Technologies Traction control setup, which I hear pretty much does the same thing.. Crazy tech these days :)

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
That's really awesome, I don't think that'll work with a S/C unless I have a wastegate, I could be wrong though. I'm running Davis Technologies Traction control setup, which I hear pretty much does the same thing.. Crazy tech these days :)

Yeah I'm not sure on that one man? You'd need a wastegate or some type of bypass valve. The Davis system is supposed to be awesome but I've heard it's harder on the engine raising and lowering the timing vs boost. I don't have any personal expirence with one so I don't know how accurate that is.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
That MoTec system sounds Badass!! I was always curious how you ever hooked a 17 drag radial with all that power. That car is awesome, sorry about the motor man

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure on that one man? You'd need a wastegate or some type of bypass valve. The Davis system is supposed to be awesome but I've heard it's harder on the engine raising and lowering the timing vs boost. I don't have any personal expirence with one so I don't know how accurate that is.

I have a bypass valve so maybe that'll bleed off boost I'm not sure. I'm not 100% sure on how it all works, but from what I hear it's badass!

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
That MoTec system sounds Badass!! I was always curious how you ever hooked a 17 drag radial with all that power. That car is awesome, sorry about the motor man

Man believe it or not these tires do awesome on their own. The speed based boost control just makes it that much better! I appreciate the kind words man.

1raresnake

Established Member
Looks likes I might have to switch over to a standalone unit. I'm making 866@21lbs through a TH400 on stock ecu system and cannot hook on the street worth jack! I'm running 28x10.5W's. Rear suspension consist of the Strange 10 ways shocks, Eibach drag springs, and Team Z relocated uppers, lowers and anti roll bar. I recently purchased Afco DA and will be switching over to a Mickeys New 325 et Street R. Are you running regular Afco's or Valved my Menscer?
Hopefully US shift will have the controller ready soon. I think they are close..

I don't think any of the stand alones can control it (yet), the MoTeC might be able to using different functions but I'm not sure. I've got speed based boost control with the MoTeC and it's freakin amazing!! I can literally hook on any road with the 17" drag radials.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
Looks likes I might have to switch over to a standalone unit. I'm making 866@21lbs through a TH400 on stock ecu system and cannot hook on the street worth jack! I'm running 28x10.5W's. Rear suspension consist of the Strange 10 ways shocks, Eibach drag springs, and Team Z relocated uppers, lowers and anti roll bar. I recently purchased Afco DA and will be switching over to a Mickeys New 325 et Street R. Are you running regular Afco's or Valved my Menscer?

Time for a good stand alone or Hyperkontrol. I run the standard AFCO 3870R's. I ran the same ones on my old turbo notch for 8-9 years. They are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread