BADASS Thread

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When you’re a hammer, everything is a nail. I have to remind myself of that daily. Some days its harder than others.

For me out here, I wouldn't have much sympathy for someone who claims they paid for my stolen bike. You should know it was stolen because it's like a damn industry out here for the homeless. You got a nice bike for $10 and you didn't think it was stolen? I wouldn't buy that excuse personally.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For me out here, I wouldn't have much sympathy for someone who claims they paid for my stolen bike. You should know it was stolen because it's like a damn industry out here for the homeless. You got a nice bike for $10 and you didn't think it was stolen? I wouldn't buy that excuse personally.
I am speaking in general, not specifically about this video per say.. but I get your point for sure.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
look at it like this….

you go into the place looking for the thieve….after you confront the person, you end up believing that they were not the original thieve…. Instead, they were just a pawn in the thieve’s game…..

you are a well off guy and only went in to get your bike based on principle….. you have no real need for a shitty bike… you have 5 other bikes in your garage…. You also find out that the guy currently using it, its putting it to good use, you believe this…

what do you do?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I am speaking in general, not specifically about this video per say.. but I get your point for sure.

I know what you meant also. It was sort of a take on what you said and what the topic is about. I can see why the guy was nice about it, but around here no one is naive or innocent about bikes. It's literally a primary means for homeless to make money through theft and everyone knows it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
look at it like this….

you go into the place looking for the thieve….after you confront the person, you end up believing that they were not the original thieve…. Instead, they were just a pawn in the thieve’s game…..

you are a well off guy and only went in to get your bike based on principle….. you have no real need for a shitty bike… you have 5 other bikes in your garage…. You also find out that the guy currently using it, its putting it to good use, you believe this…

what do you do?

Read my last post. I get being understanding, and I don't see anything wrong with his response per se, but around here I wouldn't buy someone's excuse that they bought it for $10 from someone not knowing it was stolen, because everyone would know that bike is stolen. I'd believe he knew he was receiving stolen goods which makes you just as guilty.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
When you’re a hammer, everything is a nail. I have to remind myself of that daily. Some days its harder than others.

yep…. You have to be real careful to not smash someone that does not trespass you….

You should only wanna hammer the nails that are sticking out, not the ones that are neatly inserted in their own place….

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Read my last post. I get being understanding, and I don't see anything wrong with his response per se, but around here I wouldn't buy someone's excuse that they bought it for $10 from someone because everyone would know that bike is stolen. I'd believe he knew he was receiving stolen goods which makes you just as guilty.

i read it…. And that is not the point…. You as the owner will discern discretion on whether or not you believe…. The owner of that bike came in hot, but somehow in that exchange realized that the guy currently holding the bike was not likely to blame….

buying some shit off the street from some crack head (cause you might be in need), that might have acquired it questionably, does not make you the same as the thief…. Not even close.

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense to me, but you are inserting your own story into it….

the video, not your reality, is what we are discussing here..

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
i read it…. And that is not the point…. You as the owner will discern discretion on whether or not you believe…. The owner of that bike came in hot, but somehow in that exchange realized that the guy currently holding the bike was not likely to blame….

buying some shit off the street from some crack head (cause you might be in need), that might have acquired it questionably, does not make you the same as the thief…. Not even close.

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense to me, but you are inserting your own story into it….

the video, not your reality, is what we are discussing here..

I agree that the guy in the video acted fine for his situation, but I would probably not be so forgiving of the person if I were in that position. He's knowingly feeding a criminal enterprise that only flourishes when people like him buy their stolen goods. He may not be the thief but in the eyes of the law he is still guilty whether he knew it or not.

ajaf1656

Established Member
ike ascertained that the guy holding his bike wasnt the criminal, instead a fellow in a tough spot…. Not having any real need for said bike, he also exercised his ability to be kind…

thats not weakness, its strength
The compassion you show for criminals. You don't see how you're applying the same logic? It's literally the exact same reasoning. It's not their fault, they've fallen on tough times, life isn't fair, blah, blah, blah.
I care about law and order, therefore I don't see letting a criminal or someone who who is so dumb as to think they can buy a bike from a stranger for $10 and not realize they're trafficking in stolen goods, off the hook as an act of noble compassion. You're only allowing the same people to continue victimizing all of us. The real act of compassion is to be responsible and hold criminals accountable for their actions.

P.S. I find this so interesting. I'm usually the one who comes across to people as soft on criminals when cops shoot and beat people for speeding or having a bad attitude and you're cheering it on because they deserve it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree that the guy in the video acted fine for his situation, but I would probably not be so forgiving of the person if I were in that position. He's knowingly feeding a criminal enterprise that only flourishes when people like him buy their stolen goods. He may not be the thief but in the eyes of the law he is still guilty whether he knew it or not.

i agree with everything you said here, except that in the eyes of the law he is guilty of anything….

If an investigation was made and it was recognized that that guy did not steal the bike but actually purchased off someone else, not in bad faith, he would be found guilty of nothing…. He’d just be another victim of the actual thieve as well, since he would also be out some money

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Id pay to see that...not gonna lie lol

envision this…. Aj goes around trying to run over hells angles….. hit men are sent… they eventually locate him at the gas station wearing his skin tight shiny leotards while picking up some gatorade to fuel up his skinny tire bicycle ride across the city streets to hold up traffic…. They proceed to beat him to death with some cat body part nunchucks….

Id pay to see that !

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
i agree with everything you said here, except that in the eyes of the law he is guilty of anything….

If an investigation was made and it was recognized that that guy did not steal the bike but actually purchased off someone else, not in bad faith, he would be found guilty of nothing…. He’d just be another victim of the actual thieve as well, since he would also be out some money

I don't think it works like that. He received goods in exchange for his $10 so he's guilty of receiving stolen goods, and I don't think ignorance is considered a sure defense. I knew someone who bought a tractor and paid quite a bit for it and was charged for receiving stolen goods. They don't care whether you were aware or not.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The compassion you show for criminals. You don't see how you're applying the same logic? It's literally the exact same reasoning. It's not their fault, they've fallen on tough times, life isn't fair, blah, blah, blah.
I care about law and order, therefore I don't see letting a criminal or someone who who is so dumb as to think they can buy a bike from a stranger for $10 and not realize they're trafficking in stolen goods, off the hook as an act of noble compassion. You're only allowing the same people to continue victimizing all of us. The real act of compassion is to be responsible and hold criminals accountable for their actions.

P.S. I find this so interesting. I'm usually the one who comes across to people as soft on criminals when cops shoot and beat people for speeding or having a bad attitude and you're cheering it on because they deserve it.

what criminal? again, the owner of the bike ascertained that the guy in possession of his bike was not the thieve…. There was no criminal there… you are inventing that for your own story….

If it was proven that the guy there WAS the criminal, Id be all about the owner knocking him unconscious and breaking an extremity after the fact….

again, there was no criminal there… your interjecting your own narrative on this one

I also care about law and order… lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think it works like that. He received goods in exchange for his $10 so he's guilty of receiving stolen goods, and I don't think ignorance is considered a sure defense. I knew someone who bought a tractor and paid quite a bit for it and was charged for receiving stolen goods. They don't care whether you were aware or not.
I disagree…. Might have to consult with someone in the know for this one…

odd about your friend… i would never expect that to be the case….

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I disagree…. Might have to consult with someone in the know for this one…

odd about your friend… i would never expect that to be the case….

If that were the case then everyone could just say they didn't know it was stolen and no one would ever get charged. Some laws are in place and are harsh but to prevent it from happening they expect you to make sure you are buying goods that aren't stolen, otherwise it is practically unenforceable.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If that were the case then everyone could just say they didn't know it was stolen and no one would ever get charged. Some laws are in place and are harsh but to prevent it from happening they expect you to make sure you are buying goods that aren't stolen, otherwise it is practically unenforceable.

you get charged when it is PROVEN factual that you stole it…. you cant be charged for theft, by simply being in possession…. Unless the is some law about that in particular that im not aware of….

imagine your kid finding an awesome skateboard in the park…. With no one around he decides to test ride it… cops arrive, say it was stolen and proceed to criminally charge your kid… doesnt sound right or lawful to me…

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
you get charged when it is PROVEN factual that you stole it…. you cant be charged for theft, by simply being in possession…. Unless the is some law about that in particular that im not aware of….

imagine your kid finding an awesome skateboard in the park…. With no one around he decides to test ride it… cops arrive, say it was stolen and proceed to criminally charge your kid… doesnt sound right or lawful to me…

No, the law I'm referring to is specifically purchasing stolen goods. Someone else stole it and you bought it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No, the law I'm referring to is specifically purchasing stolen goods. Someone else stole it and you bought it.

got you… but if i am remembering correctly… there should be a caveat within the law where one can only be charged by “knowingly“ being in possession…. I believe the prosecution can charge you if they believe this to be the case and the court can only convict you if it is proven to be so.

Users who are viewing this thread