badcobra vs 1100whp Switzer GT-R, stretched ZX-10R's, 1000whp Turbo Coyote

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
This isn't a slow 600hp Pinto acceleration . that GTR was probably around 170mph when the guy let off

Then I guess OP was doing 175 ;) Obviously both very fast cars. I was simply pointing out that the GTR definitely let out earlier the second race than he did the first.

BTW a 600hp Pinto (~2,100LB) would be pretty insane.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Nice work Tony!!!

Looks like you're still having a blast in that cobra!
Thanks Scott, had such a fun year! Finally gonna ditch these old turbos and get some cams this winter. The 'ol Garrett's are maxed out. New ones will be here this week, some Precision 6766's.

r6olp9N.jpg

gt347mustang

Established Member
Nice!

My car ran on a single 6766 for a while and made good power. Couldn't imagine two of those things!

You going to TX2K18 this year? I'm going again, that was a blast.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Nice!

My car ran on a single 6766 for a while and made good power. Couldn't imagine two of those things!

You going to TX2K18 this year? I'm going again, that was a blast.
Planning to be there for sure! Hopefully we can link up. Gonna get started on reworking the turbo kit real soon here.

deepblue13

Established Member
Awesome car. Hopefully I can run into you guys next year. Always nice to meet people in person from the board at these events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aces V

Established Member
Im impressed with how well those bikes kept up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Im impressed with how well those bikes kept up.
The bikes usually get the gap. This night was unseasonably warm and I turned the car up higher than it's ever been. It felt slower than normal and when I looked at my datalogs the next day, I could see why. 204 degree inlet temps and a 4.5 degrees of timing pulled as a result, and the lb/hr fuel consumption was down a bunch. The turbos are maxed out and I need to back it down some until we get the new turbos on, it will actually make a bunch more power turned down.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Car is dope OP. Keep up the good work. LOL at the GTR on the brakes...douchey move.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so the GTR races a 100 feet then lets off when he's about to be passed? lmao what a limp dick.....

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Haha thanks fellas. Car sure does put a smile on my face when everything is working like it should. Hopefully I can get a few more videos up before the car season ends for the year. I'll be sure to post em here.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Unfortunately there is really no good dig spots in the city with a good road, nice shutdown, and doesn't get visits from the police. So instead, we roll on the highways. We also don't have a track in town so I've really set the car up mostly to roll. I'm going to hit the track on the 7th. Gonna drive 200 miles and run a heads up street class, we'll see how it goes.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've never understood the fascination with dig racing on public roads. Well, not with fast cars, anyway. I remember how sketchy things got with a stick, radial and 600rwhp. I couldn't imagine almost double that. Lol

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I've never understood the fascination with dig racing on public roads. Well, not with fast cars, anyway. I remember how sketchy things got with a stick, radial and 600rwhp. I couldn't imagine almost double that. Lol
Dig racers can be pretty hardcore one dimensional...dig or nothing. I am more of a 'race is a race', and it doesn't matter if it starts at 0 or 50. But yeah 1000hp+ cars need a good road with a nice shutdown for it to work. If we had a track right in town and/or roads we could dig on regularly, I would set it up for that no doubt. Bottom line, I just want to mash the go pedal :)

Users who are viewing this thread