BAP Needed ??? or not

staged222

Established Member
2007 GT500

I have the FRPP TVS with VMP 2.65 upper Pully/stock lower and running stock injectors..

LM66 mm TB
LM Elbo
JLT CAI
1-7/8 Long tubes
Catted X-pipe
Upgraded H/E
170 Tstat
VMP tune-retune coming

is putting a 17v Dual BAP on the car as-is needed?? or will it overdrive the pumps. Maybe going to 72lbs later on but not sure.

any thoughts??? Having the car dyno'd this weekend-if I put the BAP on after it's tuned will it change the tune at all??

JM

Last edited:

cjgt500

Established Member
And no one asked what year car...if an '11+ he has head room from a tune through the OEM pumps.

Edit: Sounds like an '07-'09 model though.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You know it B.J.

The stock system in all year model GT500's are pretty tough considering where stock fuel systems came from in the past.

I'm spinning the VMP TVS with a 2.385" upper pulley, stock lower pulley, 72 lb. injectors, JLT 127mm intake, CJ 65mm TB, no cats (still 17.5 PSI with no cats and full 3" exhaust).

The fuel pump is @ 100% around 5500 rpm, however Lund still has control over fueling up to 6500. A BAP is recommended for my setup for the extra safety net, and will be added soon.

Summary, I'm just barely able to run the factory pumps up to max with my setup. No way the OP is able to do that with his, especially when Justin @ VMP is tuning it.

Users who are viewing this thread