BARRETT-JACKSON AUCTION

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Did anyone see the show on the speed channel this weekend?There was some awesome cars on......some shelbys and hemis and a lot of vettes....a lot of high dollar vehicles...........enjoy.:beer:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
No I didn't see it but my father is there s we shall see from him what the latest news of car paradise is.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Heya whitten.. Did you take that saying from me? =) (sig)

Barret-Jackson Auction is awesome. If I only had 8zeros in my bank roll...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been watching it all weekend. I've always enjoyed their auctions. Wish I had the money to buy just one of them. :)

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
That was an awesome Show. Ran the wife right out of the house. Was able to catch all 6 hrs today. DAMN, I have no life!:(

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Yeah...I watch basically all of it. There were some amazing machines that went for WAY higher than they were worth, but it ain't my money, so I don't car. Does anyone know why Speed only shows 3 days of it? There is a 4th day, right? And isn't that when the really high dollar cars go? I mean, it isn't like they could reschedule the reruns of Nascar and Formula racing from the 80s that they show instead.

CTmatt

Established Member
did you see the guy that bought all 6 of the callaway corvettes, including the sledgehammer for $675,000!!!! imagine rolling up next to somebody in the sledgehammer, and they rev wanting to race. :lol:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
I watched it off and on. Wasn't there a mustang that went for $260K? I don't know which one exactly as I didn't see it happen but heard them talking about it later in the show. Anybody know which one it was?

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by micool
I watched it off and on. Wasn't there a mustang that went for $260K? I don't know which one exactly as I didn't see it happen but heard them talking about it later in the show. Anybody know which one it was?

Yep. I almost missed it, but luckily I was recording. 1967 Shelby GT-500 with a 650hp all alluminum 427FE shelby engine. Everybody was like, this car is going to fetch some good money.

fordification

Established Member
Alot of the race cars went for cheap. That s/c'd hemi powered F-100 went for like 80g's, which Tim Allen bought. And Dale juniors car for near the same.

mystifiedworm

Established Member
I was there. Did anybody see me? I know it was like looking for Waldo. Barrett had some pretty cool cars. Chrysler had some neat concepts. I got to see Tim Allen buy a 41 Willys truck for aroung $140,000. Saw a custom car go for close to $400,000. Watched the guy, who looked like that he just walked off the streets, buy all the Calloways, yes even the one that smoked and looked like all the rings had to be replaced. All in all it was a neat thing to see and watch live.

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread