Battery

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting, I will research the odyssey then. I had an optima in my '02 z06 and it crapped out fast, really pissed me off for the price tag.

With the the terminator, I've always had a batteryminder 1510 with the high frequency desulfation and temperature sensor on 24/7 with the quick disconnect. I think regardless of battery, cars that sit a lot, and these typically do....you need a quality maintenance charger on from day 1 of buying the battery.

Ive been using a Ctek with the quick harness and its worked so far for me as well

I’ve heard nothing but positive things about Odyssey batteries. When I relocate my battery to the trunk I’ll probably get one then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

with these batteries you need to make sure you have an AGM charger to charge/maintain them or you will drastically shorten their life. Apparently you can use a standard jump box or jumper cables to get a vehicle running but NOT to charge them back up

they are also supposed to be easier to recharge which in theory should be easier on the alternator as well

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
Autozone battery and alternator. 5 years later no issues.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Xs power agm batteries have worked well for the 03/04 cobras

Rambro

Established Member
Anyone using a smaller Odyssey than stock? If so, what bracket are you using?
I have a pc680 that I've been wanting to try out, pc680 weighs 15 pounds. I think you can use the stock tray and make up a cut to length strap to go over the top. UPR also has battery hold down kits so mabye one of those could work? Im open to any suggestions as my factory tray is toast.

Last edited:

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Odyssey PC1200, lasted 8 years. When my current big auto chain store batt goes. I will buy another pc1200.

But light it's not.

Edit: here are the specs on the PC 1200.
Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA) 1200
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) 540
20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah) 42
Reserve Capacity Minutes 78
Dimensions L x W x H (in) 7.87 x 6.66 x 6.80
Metric Dimensions L x W x H (mm) 199.9 x 169.1 x 172.7
Weight (lbs) 38.2
Weight (kg) 17.4

Users who are viewing this thread