Beefcake Black Vortech vs VMP TVS Stage II

achamb7

Established Member
One of these will be purchased for my car. If you remember, I asked a question about 2 months ago about either trading for a GT500 or supercharging my car. After seeing the prices for the Shelby's, and doing some figures, I will supercharge my car. So between these 2 packages, which would be better? I know that's like asking who's better, Eva Longoria or Eva Mendes, but tell me your reasoning why 1 is better than the other.

Some things of note: there is almost $500 difference between the 2; install will be done at home; both come with a tune. I have a CS fascia with fogs I have yet to install, and I would like to keep the fogs, if at all possible. Also, I have a Boss IM, so resale of that can also factor in.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I bought a Paxton and love every min of it. When im just cruzing through town its like stock when I go wot it screams.

by9468840

Established Member
:sleeping:

Forum search? It's the millionth time the same question is asked.
What are your goals ? Dd or drag or road racing? If drag go centri. All else tvs. Simple. And add an aluminator engine to your budget and sell your fresh stock coyote before you build miles.

nonliberal

Established Member
If I remeber correctly you were looking at the Shelby because your GT was getting boring. If you want to feel the torque push you in the seat every time you sit in the car a TVS would probably be best for you. Centris are great at making power too but they need to be wound up higher and don't have the torque of a TVS.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
It's going to come down to if you want centri or PD. You make instant power with the tvs and it takes time with the centri but you make more power with less boost and has less stress in your car with centri

achamb7

Established Member
Goal is a weekend cruiser. Occasional strip,occasional highway roll. Aluminator is not an option currently. This will have to remain 600-620 RWHP.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
any power adder will get you to your desired power level. the tvs are great but so are the centrifugals. do some research for your self and choose your poison. if you ark around people are usually going to tell you to get what they have and you will always start bitching fests when asking what is better on forums. call terry and talk to him on the phone. he could guide you.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Let me take you for a ride in mine next time we meet up! It should make up your mind really quickly! I have the CS fascia and have retained the fogs so its doable. Its just a hack job!!

As you know, Im looking to build my motor so the TVS is a little more brutal on it but if you tune it safely with a larger pulley, you would be a lot better off. Or you can do the Vortech and be safer.

achamb7

Established Member
Zach I do have to ride in yours... while the TVS looks stock under the hood, the Boss IM is gorgeous!! And coupled with a black Vortech, even more so.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Zach I do have to ride in yours... while the TVS looks stock under the hood, the Boss IM is gorgeous!! And coupled with a black Vortech, even more so.

Cant disagree with you on that one. The black Vortech and Boss IM is sexy as hell but the VMP sitting right there on top.... I think its a little sexier! Swap out the stock coolant reservoirs with some black aluminum ones and it adds to the beauty.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
No lope tune with supercharger.

Paxton is hard to beat for the price, TVS has almost too much torque, it's all in what you like. I had a centrifugal guy driving my PD car around and he kept blowing the tires off at part throttle. I guess Paxtons don't do that so much.

Manolith is right, most people will recommend what they have. See if you can possibly meet up with some people with both types of charger and see which style fits you better.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I almost went with the Paxton. It was a hard choice for me to make because I saw the good in both kits. I only went with the TVS because it had more torque down low and because I had a Vortec on my 350z and didn't like it! I didn't want to take a chance that I wouldn't like it on the stang too.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I almost went with the Paxton. It was a hard choice for me to make because I saw the good in both kits. I only went with the TVS because it had more torque down low and because I had a Vortec on my 350z and didn't like it! I didn't want to take a chance that I wouldn't like it on the stang too.

its very different on the coyote believe me LOL. either way a tvs is nice.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I also went with a Paxton cause once I get my new short block im gonna push around 800 year round and I figured it would be easier to do with a Paxton for tvs. Im prolly wrong tho.

zachcrosen

Established Member
its very different on the coyote believe me LOL. either way a tvs is nice.

I'm sure it is! I just had a slight bad taste that I couldn't over come. I wanted to save the money and go with the Paxton but it just wasn't meant to be!! Everything I read says a Paxton will be a TVS in the 1/4.

S197 KID

Established Member
I have driven il with both in friends rides. . And I'm about to pull the trigger on the Paxton because of a few reasons. 1. It's less torque which will help street and track hook up. 2. With less torque comes less pressure on the internals down low. 3. Paxton is intercooled and I don't want coolant lines with a pd. 4. I get to retain my boss manifold which flows way better up top and has better cylinder air distribution than a pd intake arm. 5. I believe the larger number of failures are in the pd category i could be wrong but it seems that way to me on the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread