Been a long time but got a new ride

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congratulations Allen! Your '08 GT500 was really nice, but this is a big jump up. Do you miss the manual? The '22 has a nice auto, but some do still prefer a stick.

Thank you. You know what was funny. I found my self looking for the shifter driving home and clutch pedal. But I tell you that DCT is amazing. The downshift are crisp and almost knows exactly what gear to be in. It's definitely learning curve with all the new tech I need to learn.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Im gonna have to be the outlier here. Your 08 was such a sweet color combo... and the 6 spd... don't think I could've made this particular move.

Congrats, though, anyway. Beautiful new ride! Don't forget to 'defuse' the situation, if ya know what i mean..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im gonna have to be the outlier here. Your 08 was such a sweet color combo... and the 6 spd... don't think I could've made this particular move.

Congrats, though, anyway. Beautiful new ride! Don't forget to 'defuse' the situation, if ya know what i mean..
There are definitely somethings that will be missed. Like you said the 6sp was fun.

T76 Mach

Established Member
I did the same.I got rid of my Old 2013 for DCT :cool:

IMG_20240226_191007.jpg

ToddW702

Established Member
What’s your favorite difference? Styling, ride quality, etc.

Edit- super sweet ride looks so good.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What’s your favorite difference? Styling, ride quality, etc.

Edit- super sweet ride looks so good.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
For me it's the Styling. In my opinion the 20-22 GT500 have the best looks to date. Not to mention the brakes and handling out of the box are amazing compared to any other stang stock for stock.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats! Best color in the new GT500 imo.... I've been fighting the urge to go look at one near me. Best of luck with it!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you. You know what was funny. I found my self looking for the shifter driving home and clutch pedal. But I tell you that DCT is amazing. The downshift are crisp and almost knows exactly what gear to be in. It's definitely learning curve with all the new tech I need to learn.
Yeah, I can see me making that same mistake. LOL. The auto is quicker than a stick, so that's a positive. You'll catch on to the nuances of the tranny very fast. Ford did a great job with the DCT. The Corvette's DCT is awesome, too.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks amazing! How would you compare the driving experience of each?
Honestly, it's a completely different driving experience. My 2008 still had power steering. You could feel the limits of the car with the power steering feed back and ofcourse the push of the rear tires. I definitely feel more comfortable in the 2008. But a little unfair cause the new car has recaros and still learning the new car.. But I think the base seats are much more comfortable. Had I got a chance to order a car it definitely would of went base with heated and cooled. Getting older I like the luxury seats now.

On the 2022 GT500 they did a great job with feedback on the electric steering. I have not got a a chance to fully push the car, but it does hit the corners very easy..I'm sure the wider tires all around help with that.

As far as power. On E85 my 2008 was faster I could feel it. The new car on 91 is slower. But not by much. It's amazing how fast this car is on just 91 octane and gets up to over 100mph so easy with little effort. I know as I learn this car I will be craving more power. Which is why I will be looking a CARB legal mods or at least something I can easily swap back for smog.

Users who are viewing this thread