Before and after American racing 1 7/8 headers

ExTurbo

Established Member
Is that a serious question? Mufflers make all the difference, I basically have factory ford mufflers which are pretty quiet honestly for a car with no cats

Last edited:

KBLEO

Established Member
Why does my car sound obnoxiously louder? I have Kooks 1 7/8, O/R X, 3" Pipes out to 4" tips. Does adding a muffler make that big of a difference in quieting the sound/drone? At 3k rpm, I sound like I'm damn near going WOT.

Hell yes, mufflers make a big difference. I couldn't imagine running around in my daily without them.

spdracr0

Established Member
Only reason I have not done headers is 3 months on E85 and no problems with 02 sensors

RC-5.0

Established Member
I picked up 13/19 with my Kooks LTs..but more importantly, picked up 40 TQ at about 3700 RPM..Love the headers. It would have been more IMO with 1-3/4 since Im NA now, but Im putting in a Roush soon, so I went with the 1-7.8
RC

MustangDyno04242013B_zps2234e1b7.jpg

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I picked up 13/19 with my Kooks LTs..but more importantly, picked up 40 TQ at about 3700 RPM..Love the headers. It would have been more IMO with 1-3/4 since Im NA now, but Im putting in a Roush soon, so I went with the 1-7.8
RC

See this is what everyone should be looking at, not peak numbers gained from LT's.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I put the Longtubes on my car to pick up the TQ loss from the Boss manifold that I never felt. Only knew there was a TQ loss by reading the forums. LOL!!!!!!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Nice got her in the 400s :thumbsup:

I would of did headers if I stayed na. Not worth it to me though for the small gain for the price. To each his own though :beer:. If you did headers alone keeping the cats I think your looking at 15-20rwhp gain.

coyote302

Established Member
RC

Wow !!! 40 tq at 3700 rpm...this is very good for better 60 FT....I am looking for a 10 sec pass next season so Lt headers will be on my to do list....

ExTurbo

Established Member
hopefully this thread puts to rest the "do headers make power" or are they worth it questions. basically if you have the coin they are definitely worth it.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember someone saying that HP from cai, headers, mid pipe and so on are a collective gain. Meaning that the HP gain from a cai and the HP from headers dont add together. For example, seperate owners did cai alone = 10hp, cat deletes alone = 13, headers = 25 but for someone who did all only gets said 25 HP. Kinda hard to explain so I'll just look for the post

edit* found the post. I asked how much hp should I expect with full bolt-ons

The gains from the CAI are more or less absorbed into the gains from the headers. i.e. they don't add together.
But the big headers you have will support more power later easily.
The BBK throttle body doesn't do anything additive from what I've read.
I put the full Kooks off-road exhaust on mine, not just for the teeny gains, but more to support bigger power later.
It might be 35rwhp come to think of it. I forget exactly.

Last edited:

ExTurbo

Established Member
They should all help each other out, you would think at least. a CAI on a stock car might only pick up 5-10hp but on a full bolt on car might be worth more like 15...just like headers on a bolt on car may be worth 29whp, but on a car with forced induction maybe closer to 40whp

Justin81

Established Member
What's the finish look like on the ARH's? When you look in your engine bay, do they look pretty or like an aluminized metal. I'm gonna drop mine off next week and I can go either ARH or Stainless works.

Thanks

Also, Is your car tolerable at idle? Like at a red light?

ExTurbo

Established Member
You mean from the smell? It's not bad, as for sound at idle it's barely louder than when. It was stock, it's quiet compared to my cammed ls2 lol

Finish is almost golden looking, not quite chrome like if that makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread