being patient does pay off

wuplash

Established Member
it does if your in the market for a 03 cobra and the dealerships mark them up. just go buy elsewhere at msrp then after the dealership that marked there's up will end up selling at msrp after it sitting on there lot for awhile.as i went down to a local svt dealership today to eyeball the centercaps on the wheels.they still have the sonic blue coupe,torch red coupe but took the $2,500 markup stickers off the windows they just have the regular sticker on now showing the $34,750 msrp.they did have a different one there i had not seen yet a torch red vert but since they just got it and it has not been sitting on there lot ahile they got the $2,500 markup paper on it.you would think they would of learned by now.i will hopefully have mine around nov or dec as i changed from the chromies to the polished wheels and my order has been serialized just awaiting a build date now.i might just get the 190 wheels from performance wheels outlet and put my svt center caps in those if svt does not come out with there chromies fairly soon.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I think that we are having an effect on the dealers in that almost all of want the car, but are unwilling to pay over sticker.

So our plan is working out. My original dealer who I bought a 99 and 01 from, wanted 5k over when I went to order the 03. They are now sitting on three of them, 2 coupes and a vert and I hope nobody buys there until they have to sell them for MSRP or less.

I just picked mine up yesterday for MSRP at a dealer a few miles further away and they treated me like gold.

Last edited:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Man I just love that blue. Anybody have any idea ehat it would cost to paint my L. that color. :shrug:

you could trade your 01L for a 03L as sonic blue is available on them i hear:-D

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I agree on the Sonic Blue, I think with enough ZANO it will be a mystic color. Its blue but shows blue/purple when the sun is on it.

To think I was going to get a Dk Shadow Grey. No offence to those that do, but the blues gots soul..........

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Man I just love that blue. Anybody have any idea ehat it would cost to paint my L. that color. :shrug:

Larry, to do it right is about $5K.

Or go to Maaco, for $289 you can have them spill blue paint on it:cryying:

Good Luck

Hulk

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Larry, to do it right is about $5K.

Or go to Maaco, for $289 you can have them spill blue paint on it:cryying:

Good Luck

Hulk

Thanks Adam. :beer: No Maaco crap for me. I can paint that good. And I know nothing about paining.:nono:

03DOHC

Established Member
I fell in love with that color when I saw the first picture of one.

I am paying MSRP for mine. I shopped around a lot to find that price. There are a few dealers around here who still have cars sitting on their lots because they wont budge from the $5K markup. I had a pre-approved loan for the entire amount and then some, and many salesmen(rats) did everything but laugh in my face. I hope those cars rot on their lots.

03DOHC

Established Member
The dealer down the street from me has sold their coupes for $5K over and their 'vert's for $10K over, if you can believe that. More money than brains.

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
The dealer down the street from me has sold their coupes for $5K over and their 'vert's for $10K over, if you can believe that. More money than brains.

Is that what they mean by "kalifornicate"? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread