Belt size from 4lb to 6lb lower pulley

cobra fern

Established Member
Good evening guys . What belt would I need if I go from a metco 4 lb lower pulley to a 6lb lower pulley . Right now i have a k080820hd green belt on car with the 4lb . Thanks for any advice

hotcobra03

Established Member
Watch on belt chart..I just did 4lb lower..belt was to short..I need at least an in longer than chart..

I'm all stock just lower was changed

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll check my old Belt Selection Guide first thing in the AM and see if I can confirm your belt size increase.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Going from a 4# to a 6# lower doesn't necessarily require an inch larger belt. Depends on your configuration. Sounds like you've decided to go with that 1" larger belt, so please post an update after you install it.

cobra fern

Established Member
Installed the pulley but haven't went and got belt yet . Will do that after work . Only change I did was 6lb lower and had to move the idler pulley on metco bracket to top hole . Let you know later cobrabob . Thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sure thing. :)

When you report back, let me know your complete configuration, as well as the 4# and 6# belt numbers. I will add both to my "old" Belt Selection Guide. I don't post it on my website any longer because too many of the entries haven't been verified, but I still occasionally reference it when someone contacts me for a belt size recommendation.

cobra fern

Established Member
Here it goes cobrabob . I have a whipple 2.3 gen 2 with a Reichard racing 3.4 supercharger pulley and (3) billetflow 100 mm and (1) billet flow 92 mm with the metco 4lb lower I was using the gates green hd belt part number k080820hd . Now by changing the lower to a 6lb I am now using a k080830 belt . Went on nice and tight . I did take the idler beside the supercharger pulley off to get new belt on and then put idler on after belt was in place . Nice and no boost loss . No belt slipping also . Thank you .

Users who are viewing this thread