best lower pulleys to run

03Mach1 925

Established Member
ive been lookin on lethal peformance to order my lower pulleys for my 03 cobra... i have a 2.8 i believe upper an a steeda belt tensioner an i was wonder what would you think is the best size lower pulleys to order because they got 2-10lb pulleys... what would be the best way for me to go... i also got a jlt intake an heat exchanger done an exaughst everything im running is pretty much stock... i found the kit for $407... if anyone knows of a better kit please let me know

torchred03

Established Member
It really depends on how much boost you are looking for. When I had my ported blower I ran a 2.93 upper with a 4lb lower. With my JLT CAI I was pushing 17lbs of boost, when the car was just off idle the blower was whining, would start boosting not much after that. Loved it because you could really hear the blower. With a non-ported blower and a 2.8 upper I personally would run the 2lb ring, just my opinion.

horspla2000

Established Member
agree w above. No reason to go big w unported supercharger. Do a 2# for now then your lower setup will be in place for future upgrades. Make sure you get a custom tune afterwards.

03Mach1 925

Established Member
well im tryin to get as close to 500hp as i can i plan on most likely porting my blower after a while..so would it be bad if i did go with a 4lb pulley

SVTwhore

Established Member
I too am interested in opinions on the best non-ported combination. I know that you shouldn't run over a certain amount of boost without a port, IIRC it's something like 16psi. Anyone with insight please chime in. I've been torn about running a stock lower with a 2.65 upper. Just don't want to harm anything. That said I have every intention of sending the old Eaton to Posi this winter so may just hold off all together.

ademily87

Established Member
I too am interested in opinions on the best non-ported combination. I know that you shouldn't run over a certain amount of boost without a port, IIRC it's something like 16psi. Anyone with insight please chime in. I've been torn about running a stock lower with a 2.65 upper. Just don't want to harm anything. That said I have every intention of sending the old Eaton to Posi this winter so may just hold off all together.

Posi shut down.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
2.8" with Ported Eaton will get you close to 500 rwhp...with a 4# lower & supporting mods, you'll be around 520-530 rwhp on pump fuel!! ...E85 is the way to go if that's an option!! :)

FYI: I'm running BF 2.76" upper w/Metco 4# lower, 17 psi - POSI Ported

Last edited:

03Mach1 925

Established Member
E85 is definitely an option that was goin to be one of my other questions lol.... I was wondering whats a good stage port to do an where should i do? only place i really know is stiegemeier

Users who are viewing this thread