Best mufflers for LOUD,Deep tone

onebadsvt

Established Member
so i ahve an o/r x pipe and steeda mufflers, althou they have a nice tone i want something louder, but want it to be deep and throaty not raspy, would you rec. magnaflow magnapacks, borla stingers or slp loudmouths? or straightpipe lol

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
mac flowpaths or spintechs along with o/r prochamber or o/r dr.gas x-pipe and you will NEVER go back!!!

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
straight pipes = farm truck w/ open headers. Like a broken record playing over and over and over and over... just "whapwhapwhapwhapwhapwhap" at a very obnoxious volume.

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
i'm tellin you man, stay way from the resonator type mufflers. All the ones you listed in your 1st post or "glasspack" type resonators. Don't get me wrong, they can sound alright... but it sounds like you want the good old fashioned chambered muffler tone. If can find a way to hear an O/R prochamber with flowpaths in person, you'll love it. Loud as hell but no popping like an x-pipe with resonators.

here, this will help you.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJkWwQDIhI]YouTube - 03 cobra with prochamber & mac 2.5in ss catback[/ame]

SlowSVT

Established Member
Screamin

Your car sounds nice. On cruise it sounds like someone is "gurgling" mouthwash. Not bad though (may have something to do with the recording). Personally I prefer the H-pipe over the X.

For some reason I cannot explain Mustangs have the meanest sound of any car made. The ol Fox and the SN95 with an exhaust being the best. S197 not as much but still cool.

slammedstang

Established Member
:dancenana:i have mac lt and mac off road pro chamber with flowmasters, love the sound wouldnt change a thing, gets compliments all the time.....

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
i'm tellin you man, stay way from the resonator type mufflers. All the ones you listed in your 1st post or "glasspack" type resonators. Don't get me wrong, they can sound alright... but it sounds like you want the good old fashioned chambered muffler tone. If can find a way to hear an O/R prochamber with flowpaths in person, you'll love it. Loud as hell but no popping like an x-pipe with resonators.

here, this will help you.. YouTube - 03 cobra with prochamber & mac 2.5in ss catback

So first I must say that your car sounds great! So is the muffler that you have chambered? I have O/R Prochamber and a non chambered muffler. I would like it a little quieter and deeper.

LOL. Your wife/girl/video person sounds just like my wife. She is a keeper!

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
So first I must say that your car sounds great! So is the muffler that you have chambered? I have O/R Prochamber and a non chambered muffler. I would like it a little quieter and deeper.

LOL. Your wife/girl/video person sounds just like my wife. She is a keeper!

Not my car. Just a vid on youtube i had found a liked. However, my old mach1 with bbk longtubes, o/r H, and original 40's welded into the american thunder catback sounded like that, if not louder and better.

Users who are viewing this thread