Best Muscle / Sports Car for the Money

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'm not sure what everyone is considering "bang for the buck", but I've never really considered the Vette "cheap fun". Most people who can afford a new Z06 probably aren't worried about the cheapest way to get hold of a muscle car.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I'm not sure what everyone is considering "bang for the buck", but I've never really considered the Vette "cheap fun". Most people who can afford a new Z06 probably aren't worried about the cheapest way to get hold of a muscle car.

Bang for buck is in reference to how much you pay for similar performance. Honestly for the zo6/zo7 with the auto you need to buy a koenigsegg, Laferrari, something similar to get that raw performance, and somewhat similar tech. But that is for sports car. Muscle car will no doubt be the gt350 or z28. It won't be the hellcat because that is literally like a challenger with stupid HP. It's like a cobra jet if anything. The z28 beats even the GT3 around the track. All of these are under 100k while their foreign competition ranges from 130k-2mil. Granted the american versions are watered down and not as good. But hey it's relatively cheap fun.

If you are thinking cheap is anything below 50k, well that limits all the best american offerings.

My friend I am not sure where you saw the 15 Zo6 going in the 10's in the 1/4 mile but you were a bit off. Car and Driver has it doing 11.1 in the 1/4.
http://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/corvette-z06

I remember reading it in the motortrend review. It was the zo6 with the zo7 package. I think it was motortrend. I remember reading with the zo7 package it was below 3 second 0-60, and 10.9 1/4 mile. Or you know what? Maybe it was the GM announcement numbers I am thinking of, but were on motortrend's website.

Here is some reference http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/10...-faster-than-it-takes-you-to-read-this-title/. It is with the 8 speed auto though not the manual.

Last edited:

1FASFKR

Established Member
Well I would go with a question for you. What is the price point you are talking about. The Corvette is best all around hands down. The Challenger looks good but it is made by Dodge and their quality is crap, hands down the worse on the market based on the only two Dodges I have owned a 2006 Ram and a 2014 Jeep. Between the crappy TIPM and electrical systems my 14 has been in the shop more then Ford I have ever owned in the first year of owner ship. Never again Dodge. Chevy has their problems right now but the Vette only has two recalls on it that I know of both pretty simple and stupid problems. The new GT will need to be proved before I judge it. There are a lot of after market parts out there for all these. Sp the question is do you want to go fast on a road course, straight line or just cruise it and enjoy.

1 Vette
2 Mustang
3 Anything else but a Dodge

I'm with this guy. Dodge QC is terrible and their service is worthless. Never again. Coincidentally, my wife and I are contemplating a new Vette vert 6 spd to park next to Ruby. I don't think they are cheap price wise by any means. Especially after you add options. So for $75k and only 460 HP...it better carve a road.

kaz109

Established Member
Jag F type R coupe / thread!!!

it looks better and sounds better than anything anybody else has mentioned in this thread and it does good ole American style burnouts like no other...

truefiveo

Established Member
Who in thier right minds would ever wanna deal with Dodge or Jaguar dealerships horrible customer service?

kaz109

Established Member
Who in thier right minds would ever wanna deal with Dodge or Jaguar dealerships horrible customer service?

My Jag dealership has let me keep 130k cars overnight on a test drives so I don't find thier customer service to be horrible lol

shelbysvt

Established Member

it looks better and sounds better than anything anybody else has mentioned in this thread and it does good ole American style burnouts like no other...

You can't trust Jag yet. They have too many issues. But yes that car is a good deal. But it isn't THE BEST deal. The zo6 is still way better. Even the new viper (with the price cut) is a better deal than jag.

Actually the viper TA for 100k is a pretty damn good deal. You probably could get it for 90k. If I had money for a 2nd car that would be my weekend toy.

Never_Enough

Established Member
What do members think is the best muscle / sports car for the money? I have been looking at the new Mustang GT Premium, the Scat Pack Challenger, Camaro 1LE, and the new Corvette. So far the challenegr Scat Pack in my mind leads the way. Brembo brakes, exhaust cutouts, very nice interior and the 6.4 liter Hemi. What are your thoughts.

The C7 wins from this list. It's not even a discussion.

Never_Enough

Established Member

Not enough car for the money if you like to go fast & such.I do agree they sound & look great, though.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Can I say it?

Marauder. :poke: But seriously, I'd probably go with a SP Challenger if I were you. I've been really impressed with Dodge lately.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Best muscle car for the money: Scatpack Challenger, NEW, under $40k, brembo brakes, 485hp.

Best sports car for the money: C6Z (yes its used so what!?), nothing under $50k will beat this thing at the track or drag strip. Best MPG out of a sports car too. 7.0 v8 getting over 28mpg?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Best muscle car for the money: Scatpack Challenger, NEW, under $40k, brembo brakes, 485hp.

Best sports car for the money: C6Z (yes its used so what!?), nothing under $50k will beat this thing at the track or drag strip. Best MPG out of a sports car too. 7.0 v8 getting over 28mpg?

I see you specified that it is a good "muscle car" pick, which makes sense, but at 4100 lbs, this is a tough pick for me.

truefiveo

Established Member

+1

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I think a C6Z06 is probably the best bang for your $ [ assuming it's not the DD] Hell, even a used C6 would be a good car.

Users who are viewing this thread