Best Muscle / Sports Car for the Money

IA Shelby

Established Member
New 2015 Nissan GTR's (premium model) can be had for high 80's in some cases.

That is a strong performance value IMO.

TommyJ

Established Member
I went with a scat pack challenger. Leather, navigation, 8 speed auto, brembos, 392 hemi, active exhaust, launch control all for $40k. I've owned a few chryslers and have had pretty good luck with them. Plus, I get far better service from the local dodge dealership than Chevy or Ford, but I am a family friend.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Bang for buck is in reference to how much you pay for similar performance. Honestly for the zo6/zo7 with the auto you need to buy a koenigsegg, Laferrari, something similar to get that raw performance, and somewhat similar tech. But that is for sports car.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG LOL. Pass what you're smoking.

steeltoe

Established Member
New 2015 Nissan GTR's (premium model) can be had for high 80's in some cases.

That is a strong performance value IMO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419086573.561677.jpg
Really? Because that's 20K off sticker.

steeltoe

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG LOL. Pass what you're smoking.

I'm going to assume he meant the F12 and Koenigsegg CCX not the LaFerrari and One:1

Boosted Hemi

Established Member
I love all American muscle cars but I have to go with the SRT Challenger. I have had mine for 2 years, I beat the hell out of it and have had zero problems. The 392 engine is a beast. For a pure sports car I would say the C7 Vette.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Get on GRR Life forum. They announced 10,000 in dealer cash in August on the 14's. They recently added it to the 15's. Some Dealers are selling at below invoice and throwing in the dealer cash.

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
I'm considering a Challenger Scat Pack 392 as my next purchase but people either love Dodge or hate the hell out of them. I can't decide if I want to roll the dice on one or not. I had a 07 Mustang GT and had zero problems out of it but the 2015 Mustang isn't an option for me anymore, I just don't like the styling. I guess I'll decide after I see the 2016 Camaro!

If I could afford it, I'd have a C6 Grand Sport.

jshen

Established Member
Bang for the buck? Scat Pack. However, the GT Mustang is a very close second. Gas prices won't always be what they are now- but for "bang for the buck" gas is a non-issue. Somebody on this site recently bought a Scat Pack and I'd sure like to hear from him as to how he likes it..Manufacturers seem to be heading towards aluminum to save weight and I will be curious to see if the new Camaro does that in their proclaimed "slimmer, lighter" model.

Last edited:

2001sleeper

Established Member
Are we not allowed to say GTR for bang for the buck? Hahaha

Other than that any of the corvettes are pretty stout. Just pick your price point.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Jag F type R coupe / thread!!!

it looks better and sounds better than anything anybody else has mentioned in this thread and it does good ole American style burnouts like no other...

i dont think its the best looking. i think its good looking but not the best. im not enamored with the looks of that car. i think the vette is much sexier and aggressive looking. neither of which are a muscle car anyways.

if we're talking "muscle cars" id say that boils down to mustang, camaro, challenger and charger. chevy SS too i guess. do we throw the vette and viper in while we're at it? lol. and gtr? sounds like we're just talking high performance cars period. if you display a jaguar or gtr at a "muscle car show" you will probably get a lot of :dw: vettes and vipers can at least squeeze in since theyre domestic and have big motors.

how has nobody mentioned the fox yet? $1200 for a roller. dump $10k into it and youre doing wheel stands all day long :burnout::rockon::D

as far as bang for the buck, its a toss up between camaro 1LE and the scat pack imo. i think both look good. still not sold on the 15 stang myself. i think the challenger would probably make the most fun street car. comfy, powerful, looks great.

its hard to put "bang for your buck" and $100k into the same sentence. heck, along that rationale you can say the veyron is the best bang for your buck. $5 million car for only $1 million :rolling:

of course, it depends what league youre bowling in. if buying a $100k vette is akin to an average guy buying a honda accord then the C7Z is probably the best bang for the buck.

of course OP has a 14 gt500 which is another great bang for the buck car. some of these options would be a step down imo.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I'm a Ford man, but I sure like the Z06, after they fix their ECU that is.

When I was at the dealership checking out the new Z06 the guy was telling me that the new Z06 ECU adapts and adds power as driver time is added. He was saying that an aftermarket tune shouldn't be too far from the end result of the adaptive ecu.

edit @ topic:

best bang for your buck under 40k would probably be the mustang(especially the last few years). Will soon change to the camaro if they go alpha platform / shed weight
Under 60k I'd say z06 or c7 / GT500.
Over 60k+ would be the new z06 / zr1 / gtr / viper IMO

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Best car for the money is a 11-14 GT I got mine brand new for 28k with brembos also you can mod it for cheap. I don't consider vettes in this category because they are sports car. I gotta say the best camaro for the money is the 1LE and if something would to happen to my coyote I would be very tempted to get one , and as fa as sports car goes C6 z hand down another GM product I would like other than that they could suck it ... Lol

steeltoe

Established Member
When I was at the dealership checking out the new Z06 the guy was telling me that the new Z06 ECU adapts and adds power as driver time is added. He was saying that an aftermarket tune shouldn't be too far from the end result of the adaptive ecu.

That's about 25% true and 75% complete bullshit. Every car learns driving habits especially cars with autos but it doesn't add power its adapts parameters to your driving habits.

The C7Z issue is as the engine heats up and heat soaks the blower the ECU try's compensate but that would impact the emissions control equipment so instead it pulls power. I can't remember which magazine it was but they had noticeable falloff on lap times outside of what you would expect from a heat soaked blower.

This is why GM is working on a new tune for the C7Z.

Users who are viewing this thread