best no tune cold air intake?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That one is the previous model's intake (2011-14)

I haven't seen power numbers for the new one, but I really dig the enclosed airbox with the grill inlet

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Stock is the best no tune cai. All the power gained will be from a tune. Your better off with exhaust as the intake in stock forum has no restrictions.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So no pqer gains at all??..okay maybe i will do the exhaust first and the mgw short shifter.thank you guys appriciate it.

Posted via Topify on Android

The MGW will give you the biggest noticeable difference in the driving dynamics of the car. I haven't personally tested 2015 GT CAIs yet, but I'd expect gains similar to the earlier Coyote cars.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So no pqer gains at all??..okay maybe i will do the exhaust first and the mgw short shifter.thank you guys appriciate it.

The MGW will give you the biggest noticeable difference in the driving dynamics of the car. I haven't personally tested 2015 GT CAIs yet, but I'd expect gains similar to the earlier Coyote cars.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I was first thinking a JLT .... but I'm now also considering the Airaid intake!

I don't think you can go wrong with either...

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I was first thinking a JLT .... but I'm now also considering the Airaid intake!

I don't think you can go wrong with either...

Dadz500

Established Member
I run the Airaid with the closed box and clear lid. I know there is zero performance gains at all. For the most part, you are only going to see gains if you get a tune and/or use it in conjunction with other mods like a Supercharger. But on its own, I believe Dyno testing showed zero improvement for that kit. I do believe I raid one of the companies claiming that the JLT kit and their custom tune that particular company sells gives you a gain of 28 rwhp and I think about 15 rwtq.

So I would spend the money on one of the 'tuning kits' and not just a CAI on its own. Just my $.02.

** as soon as my Ford racing Supercharger gets installed next week I will have the Airraid kit for sale with about 300 miles on it.**

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I run the Airaid with the closed box and clear lid. I know there is zero performance gains at all. For the most part, you are only going to see gains if you get a tune and/or use it in conjunction with other mods like a Supercharger. But on its own, I believe Dyno testing showed zero improvement for that kit. I do believe I raid one of the companies claiming that the JLT kit and their custom tune that particular company sells gives you a gain of 28 rwhp and I think about 15 rwtq.

So I would spend the money on one of the 'tuning kits' and not just a CAI on its own. Just my $.02.

** as soon as my Ford racing Supercharger gets installed next week I will have the Airraid kit for sale with about 300 miles on it.**

I like running the Airaid kit without the clear plastic lid. You get a lot more pleasant engine noises that way.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Im sure the mgw shifter will make driving the car funner. When your ready in the future a tune will really wake the car up. Some test i have seen with a no tune cai has shown 0 gain.

Users who are viewing this thread