Best Posi for the GT500 for street/strip & why?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
For the wavetrac, do you simply remove the stock 31 spline axles and replace with the 33 spline units and c-clip elminators? No other work required?

What brand axels and c-clip eliminators?

manOwar

Established Member
True Trac.. and I thought our axles were 33...?

My Moser's are bent......... again... With a the True Trac still holding....

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
The Auburn Ected for the ford 8.8 IRS is on sale at 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers for $711.54 part Auburn Ected Locker - 545005 for 31 spline axles.

The Eaton E-locker is even cheaper after a $75.00 rebate. Don't know how tough they are though.

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
So what I'm getting from all this is that they all break at some point it's just the luck of the draw I guess if you get a good posi or not... I like the idea of the TRUTRAC cause a lot of people say it feels like stock... Is there any warranty on the TRUTRAC?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
True Trac.. and I thought our axles were 33...?

My Moser's are bent......... again... With a the True Trac still holding....

no, ours are 31 stock

So what I'm getting from all this is that they all break at some point it's just the luck of the draw I guess if you get a good posi or not... I like the idea of the TRUTRAC cause a lot of people say it feels like stock... Is there any warranty on the TRUTRAC?

I've heard of many Trutracs holding up to 800+ whp for dedicated drag cars. I had on in my 06 GT @ 460 whp, many track passes and street use, never a hicup.

I put on in the Shelby and so far, maybe 1500 miles and one day at the track and it's doing fine.

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
K thanks so TRUTRAC is what I'm gonna buy... I'd like to do a group buy if that was possible... I don't know how to really organize one... I see they are around $500 to $600... Maybe someone could find one cheap and post up a link...

bossnova3

Established Member
If anyone knows of a place to do a group buy, I'd be in!!!!!! With enough people any of our vendors would probably go with it.

Ed

bossnova3

Established Member
Any other takers for the group buy, with at least 10 people we could get in contact with a vendor and see if they would be able to come up with a good price for a group buy...

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Cheaper than $460 shipped via Summit?

bossnova3

Established Member
With summit is actually closer to 475 than 460 at least to my zip. If we can get about 10 people with money on hand we could contact one of our vendors and see what kind of group buy deal we can come up with, according to this thread we already have 3 people for sure including me....
Anybody else?

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Hell I got a brand new stock diff I'll let go cheap if you need it, it's never been used.

Anyways I'm on a Trutrak with many launches with slicks at 700rwhp and still holding strong.

To be honest it feels like driving the stock unit cause of how smooth it drives. But that SOB locks up as soon as you touch to go pedal.

Semper Fi.

bossnova3

Established Member
Hey man I appreciate the offer but with our cars and the weight/torque we definitely need a better posi unit than the oem. Good to hear another positive experience with the truetrac hopefully we could make this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread