BEST RADAR DETECTOR-In your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
pwnt04 said:
I edited my original post, but it seems weird that they'll drive around with it in the constant-on mode. It makes sense that it lowers the speed of radar detector users in the area. They can still catch the people that aren't using detectors so it isn't bad. I bet they'd catch the same amount either way, because there are more people without detectors than there are with detectors.

As a side note, I was a deputy in Scott County for over 3 years in the beginning of my career.

RaDaRkInG

Established Member
This is why the Valentine One radar detector is the best:

http://www.kc8unj.com/radar/BiGeAsYgUy/movie.wmv

I thought that I heard some cops say that radar detectors don't work. :-D

Check out the V1 compared to the others in the rear radar detection test:

noname37iq.jpg

The V1 wins by 1/2+miles on X and K band and 2+miles on Ka band. The V1 is the only detector that has 2 antennas and arrows and it is all patented so others can't use it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
pwnt04 said:
You're no longer in the area?

No, I worked there while going to Univ of Iowa.

I left there in 1992.

I am a Federal L.E.O. now.

I do miss Whiteys though.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Not trying to take this over just got to thinking and figured I would ask in here. I live in Virginia where it is illegal to (??own??)operate a radar detector. First thing is can I own one and just not use it, and if so could I use it while out of state in another state that alows the use of radar detectors? Or would the LEO be able to in some way ticket me for having the radar detector?

Anyone have a site where I can find out what states alow radar detectors? I travel a lot with friends and family on vacation up to the New England area and we keep our boats in southern MDso just wondering.

Eric

RaDaRkInG

Established Member
It is illegal to use a radar detector in D.C. and Virginia and legal to use in every other state.

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
RaDaRkInG said:
This is why the Valentine One radar detector is the best:

http://www.kc8unj.com/radar/BiGeAsYgUy/movie.wmv

I thought that I heard some cops say that radar detectors don't work. :-D

Check out the V1 compared to the others in the rear radar detection test:

noname37iq.jpg

The V1 wins by 1/2+miles on X and K band and 2+miles on Ka band. The V1 is the only detector that has 2 antennas and arrows and it is all patented so others can't use it.

Are you kidding me? I bet you believe the stickers on the illegal import exhaust systems that says "50 state legal". That marketing crap is unrealistic... Read what we (LE) have been posting about the proper use of RADAR. I don't know how other guys were trained but we are trained to visually estimate every vehicle then when we determine a vehicle to be in violtaion we activate the radar to confirm our VE. By that time... you're screwed. I also don't run radar on large open stretches of roadway. I am generally hidden from sight until you are right on me (100 yards or less) and by then... you foot doesn't react quick enough when you eyes tell your brain "Oh Shit! There's a cop!"

Oh... and here's on that will probably piss you off... I don't need a radar reading to write a speeding ticket... I've written tickets based on my VE and gotten guilty pleas or convictions on every one.

Keep wasting money on radar detectors... it's less mod money you have :-D

Last edited:

xruiz

Established Member
Trooper4985 said:
Are you kidding me? I bet you believe the stickers on the illegal import exhaust systems that says "50 state legal". That marketing crap is unrealistic... Read what we (LE) have been posting about the proper use of RADAR. I don't know how other guys were trained but we are trained to visually estimate every vehicle then when we determine a vehicle to be in violtaion we activate the radar to confirm our VE. By that time... you're screwed. I also don't run radar on large open stretches of roadway. I am generally hidden from sight until you are right on me (100 yards or less) and by then... you foot doesn't react quick enough when you eyes tell your brain "Oh Shit! There's a cop!"

Oh... and here's on that will probably piss you off... I don't need a radar reading to write a speeding ticket... I've written tickets based on my VE and gotten guilty pleas or convictions on every one.

Keep wasting money on radar detectors... it's less mod money you have :-D
:lol:

FirefighterSRT4

GM Stage2 Cobalt SS
Established Member
A few comments:

First off, I noticed that the thread was started under the "Donut Shop".

LOL. You've got to be kidding me! That's the equivilant of an arsonist coming to a Firefighter's Forum, asking us how he can get away with burning down buildings!

Anyway, let's put an end to this discussion by having all interested parties go to this link:

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/product-tests/radar-detectors-product-testing.asp

There, you will find a FULL test of all Radar detectors and Laser detectors and Laser jamming devices. The equipment is reviewed by a FORMER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFICER, "Radar Roy"

You'll learn what equipment works - and what doesn't. What Law Enforcement speed measuring methods work - and what doesn't.

But let's not ever forget the "Facts":

FACT: To be 100% sure of not getting a speeding ticket, you must not speed 100% of the time.

FACT: Except for both death and taxes, nothing in life is 100%.
(not Speed Measusring Devices - Not Speed Detecting Devices - Not LEO's)

FACT: You guys did not buy your 'Stangs (and I did not buy my SRT-4) to drive the posted speed limit ALL OF THE TIME. To believe anything different would be an outright lie.

FACT: As an 11 year career Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician, I can personally attest to the fact that SPEED KILLS. MORE SPEED kills MORE OFTEN. LESS SPEED kills LESS OFTEN. That's the Law of Physics in motion.

FACT: If we speed, there is a chance we're going to get caught. If we do get caught (and we havn't killed anybody in the process), act like a gentlemen and the officer MIGHT cut us a break. But remember peeps, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the officer HAS TO cut us a break. We have broken the law, so if we get a ticket - that's not the cops fault.

If We Play - We Must Be Ready To Pay (except of course - if you're O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson, or Robert Blake).

BE SAFE ALL!

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - USE YOUR HEAD .... AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

---------------------------------------------

Radar Roy
20 Years in Law Enforcement

In 1997 Radar Roy retired as a Deputy Sheriff Lieutenant after being involved in law enforcement for almost 20 years.

During Radar Roy's career he was a certified traffic radar instructor and trained hundreds of officers in the correct operation of traffic enforcement equipment and enforcement.

Combine Radar Roy's law enforcement experience with his contacts in the industry, and you can be sure that all the products offered on RadarBusters™ are the best protective devices available, and have been been personally tested by him.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Just for the record:

I have more time in service than Radar Roy, in fact; quite a few more years.

I am also certified, and have trained hundreds of officers in the proper use of many types of speed measuring devices.

I have testified in court hundreds of times regarding such tools.

The fact is - Radar Roy is a saleman, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread