Best Seat for vertically challenged

phil123

Established Member
My wife is 5"1" and will be driving the car a fair amount. Any experience on which seat will work best for height adjustment and reaching clutch, Recaro or factory?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Factory- the recaros are nice- but my fiancée is 4'11" and needs a foam pad to see over dash

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the recaros are manual adjustable, the base seats are 8way adjustable, motorized. Pretty sure the base will provide more options, such as raising the height...but really there isnt that much difference since you can push them both closer and raise the back. seeing over the hood comfortably is a big deal, plus reaching the clutch properly. Maybe go to a dealer with a 2011-12 on the lot and try it out?

evolve

Established Member
I used phone books when I was younger. Sorry, a booster seat is all I can think of. Factory would most likely be a little more flexible with this one.

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
My wife is 5"1" and will be driving the car a fair amount. Any experience on which seat will work best for height adjustment and reaching clutch, Recaro or factory?

Hey fellow Californian! As devious_stang mentioned, I would have her sit in both, as well as do a test drive in both types of seats. It may be in a V6 Mustang rather than a Shelby, but that's what I did to be sure of what I wanted.

goldenbear

Established Member
How do the factory 13' GT500 seats look? For some reason, I always thought the Recaro's were the factory ones, since everyone with a new gt500 seemed to have them LOL

Users who are viewing this thread