best short throw to buy?

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
As the title says, just wanting some info on the best short throw to buy. I know alot of it is personal preference, but some have better designs than others. Any opinions helps me out thanks guys :)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
really?? you new to the internet? these cars are almost 10 years old and you don't think that has been discused before? do a search you will find PAGES of discussion on the available short throws.

pickup_man06

Established Member
Thanks rdj, your shit is appreciated. It was a question for current technology, current opinions. Ten year old opinions aren't always best, because by now people have figured out any long term issues they would have with durability, etc. Now d's01, that is helpful, thanks. More like that I can handle. Much appreciated

SlowSVT

Established Member
Not much can be done to improve on a short throw shifter. The MGW is generally regarded as the best but it will do nothing to improve the notchy shifting action of the Terminator spec T-56 (that problem resides "inside" the transmission.

RDJ was only pointing out that there is a boatload of info on this topic where a search would have answered your question and more.

pickup_man06

Established Member
Well I like your way of pointing that out tho. There's always a better way of doing it than being a blatant ass. Thanks for the info, mgw is what I'll look for then. Take care,

Corey

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thanks rdj, your shit is appreciated. It was a question for current technology, current opinions. Ten year old opinions aren't always best, because by now people have figured out any long term issues they would have with durability, etc. Now d's01, that is helpful, thanks. More like that I can handle. Much appreciated
you are quite welcome. I do what I can to help the apparently helpless. they are not developing new shit for 10 year old cars. it is also apparent that you don't understand the search feature or how it would help you avoid looking helpless.

Well I like your way of pointing that out tho. There's always a better way of doing it than being a blatant ass. Thanks for the info, mgw is what I'll look for then. Take care,

Corey
now maybe you should spend sometime in the rules section. pay particular attention to the one about name calling and insults outside of smackdown. I did not insult you, nor did I call you any names. I merely pointed out your failure to use the search feature before posting a question that has been asked and answered 4,529.5 times in the recent past. You may not like the way I say it but your not liking my answer does not make it any less true. sometimes you have to wear your big boy pants when you venture out into the internet

snakeraper11b

Established Member

MGW or bust. Also, I would tread lightly...rudely calling out members when youre brand new, especially RDJ lol, isnt a good idea. Search his name in smack down. It wont end well, and you will probably have to find a new forum.

pickup_man06

Established Member
Well my apologies. Not trying to step on any toes, but I wasn't Trying initially disprespect anyone. thanks everyone for your answers, and you swayed my decision. That's what i was looking for. Til next time

TRBO VNM

OP, while I understand your thought process on new stuff or stuff being 10yrs old so people found different things out, RDJ is correct. 99.9% of the mods on these cars is pretty much the same and searching first will not only help with your answer, but may prompt you to ask something new about a mod. But in general, all the info is here, you just need to put the time into searching and reading. You will learn about the car more that way than trying to be spoon fed.

Search, read and if that didn't answer everything, then come to us with a technical question. Asking the best shifter, intake, exhaust, tuner, etc, is not going to help you much.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I see your point because there are new products out for these cars! JLT has next gen air kits,diff covers from ford racing,lethal has new fuel systems & fanned heat exchangers.I think as ford keeps discontinues parts there will be even more. But as far as shifters...not so much!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
MGW for comfort.... Pro 5.0 for true short shifts...

I have an MGW in my closet right now and very hesitant to replace the Pro 5.0. I ran the MGW on my 1st 03 Cobra for a few years but liking the Pro 5.0 for now.

Users who are viewing this thread