Best way to keep a Polished Whipple shiny ?

yzingerslinger

Established Member
Hey everyone. Im trying to come up with a plan on how to clean this polished Whipple ? I started with a small area and used some foaming window cleaner and a micro fiber and it just didnt look like it was doing much. I really want to get this 3.4 shined up good before i put it back on the car.

Ive seen some of you have some mirror finished head units so if you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks everyone

Blown38

Established Member
I bought a buffing motor from harbor freight. And use the the black or grey compound with the stitched buff wheel to take out the heavy imperfections. Then the green compound with the loose buff for the shine. The I coated the blower with Shark hide(buy at eastwood) to keep it from oxidizing and having to keep polishing.

Here is the 3.4 whipple with sharkhide. It does not yellow and is easy to apply.
20130329_124154_zpsb5a4135a.jpg

yzingerslinger

Established Member
WOW that looks amazing ! I am impressed. I have an orbital buffing wheel as well as the Mothers "powerball" or whatever its called. Im assuming the real challenge is getting down in the grooves in the center of the head unit. Could i pick up those polishing compounds at a local auto parts store ?

Blown38

Established Member

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I used 1500 and 2000 grit to re-sand my 2.3 then a hard few hours of hand polishing with White Diamond topped with Mother's Billet Polish. I took the same technique to my RR pulley and man did it ever turn out well.

I am a tad OCD though.

whpple1 by coolcobramatt, on Flickr

whp7_zpscmxl61j2.jpg

yzingerslinger

Established Member
DANG ! you put some elbow grease into that ! I am going to start working on this project this weekend. I appreciate everyones input

Users who are viewing this thread