Best Way to Sell a Terminator?

Matt M PA

Established Member
Well guys, life got in the way for awhile, and my '03 has gone from Summertime daily driver to garage ornament. It's been stored every winter.

Now, since Dad's passing, I have another car I drive everyday and I'm thinking it might be time to sell the Cobra. It's not because it's a bad car or anything...it's just not being used. It recently got new Michelins, clutch, cable, quadrant....and it does have a K&N FIPK, but other than that...is a stock driveline. FWIW, I bought the car new and have the sticker, cert, etc.

So, as the title says...what's the best way to find a buyer? The car is silver with chromes, exceptionally clean. I did not see a place to put ads on this site...so I'm hoping to some direction. Thanks.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
Post up pics and info on this site. A lot of people buy cars from here. Craigslist is also pretty good and autotrader never fails.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good advice above. eBay Motors would be my first choice. It's widely used.

This is overkill, but a Camaro I owned up until 2000 had quite a history, so I needed to have a lot of information available for potential buyers. I set up a website just for my Camaro (heavily modified by Callaway). When I listed the car I directed would-be buyers to my website to learn more about the car. The website had tons of photos showing just about every square foot of the car. I provided a complete history of the car, complete with dates of all work done, as well as documenting what was done. I had links to manufacturer's websites where necessary. By the time you finished browsing my website you knew the car pretty well. I wouldn't recommend this for most cars as it probably isn't worth the time. It was, though, beneficial for me at the time and I'm glad I did it. I know that I got over $5,000. more for the car than if I had just listed it with the standard few photos and brief description. The ultimate buyer actually committed to buying my car 95% based on that website. He did fly up to see the car but he came with check in hand. So it did definitely pay off.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
you have been a member on here since August of 2003 and you want to know the best way to sell your terminator? Seems kind of self evident!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Weird. Are you doing some advertising?
I agree. Post it in the Market section.
Good luck

Matt M PA

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies. While I did think about this site, I did not see the place to list. So, I'll get that together with some pics.

Ya know, I'm kid of torn to sell this car...but I think it's time.

This is the car....
CObracard.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread