Beware! Cruizin Concepts Wholesale STOLE My Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Wow, Kevin. I can see why you would be upset. I'm confused as to how a company can watermark shots they used for advertising, when they themselves didn't take the shots.. or contract for the shots to be taken. ??

20psirabbit

Established Member
It's really not "tough to be the good guy here."
Here's where it should've been handled better and not sluffed off.
1. The form letter where you try to make 04sleeper seem like a jerk for posting up about this situation without attempting to contact your company, like he's a child. He clearly wrote that he had attempted to reach your company with no response back to him before he put this up.
2. You give him a generic customer service number to call and handle this. Firstly nobody ever returned his original call, so that number isn't worth much. Additionally, if you wanted to show the guy the slightest amount of respect, he should've been given a number directly to a manager or possibly even the owner, not some general number that has already failed to get back to him.
3. The pictures weren't removed immediately per his request, with some sort of excuse about your IT people. Again, the slightest amount of communication on your part with 04sleeper could have solved this. I guarantee if you had contacted him directly via PM or even in this thread and told him what you'd do, he would've been fine with it. Instead you do whatever it is that you want to do and then try to explain your way out if it on the backside. It just makes the previous mistakes look even worse.
04sleeper is a good guy, I've talked to him numerous times on here and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone have a problem with him at all.
Personally I'll be "cruizin" over to Lethal Performance for my needs, the whole way this has been handled just isn't right to me. :beer:

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
It's really not "tough to be the good guy here."
Here's where it should've been handled better and not sluffed off.
1. The form letter where you try to make 04sleeper seem like a jerk for posting up about this situation without attempting to contact your company, like he's a child. He clearly wrote that he had attempted to reach your company with no response back to him before he put this up.
2. You give him a generic customer service number to call and handle this. Firstly nobody ever returned his original call, so that number isn't worth much. Additionally, if you wanted to show the guy the slightest amount of respect, he should've been given a number directly to a manager or possibly even the owner, not some general number that has already failed to get back to him.
3. The pictures weren't removed immediately per his request, with some sort of excuse about your IT people. Again, the slightest amount of communication on your part with 04sleeper could have solved this. I guarantee if you had contacted him directly via PM or even in this thread and told him what you'd do, he would've been fine with it. Instead you do whatever it is that you want to do and then try to explain your way out if it on the backside. It just makes the previous mistakes look even worse.
04sleeper is a good guy, I've talked to him numerous times on here and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone have a problem with him at all.
Personally I'll be "cruizin" over to Lethal Performance for my needs, the whole way this has been handled just isn't right to me. :beer:

I would have but no PM function for me though. If I did have the PM function I would have certainly sent him one. I provided my direct email address so that he could contact me directly. This is my first communication and I was informed by one of our customers over the weekend. Not trying to explain out of anything bud. We told everyone we would insure he got taken care of. I know I'm beating a dead horse because I've said this at least 4 or 5 other times that they will be removed. We have not been evasive period and we are glad to insure its taken care of.

CobraMac

Established Member
So here's my question....how come you STILL have not answered Kevin's question about why YOU guys put you OWN watermark on the photos when they were NEVER yours to begin with AND you knew that they were submitted to you...thus not being your own initial personal property?

Sorry man, but you lost a ton of customers from your attitude in your first post....nothing will change that now

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
So here's my question....how come you STILL have not answered Kevin's question about why YOU guys put you OWN watermark on the photos when they were NEVER yours to begin with AND you knew that they were submitted to you...thus not being your own initial personal property?

Sorry man, but you lost a ton of customers from your attitude in your first post....nothing will change that now

We watermark every photo on our website, even manufacture photos. Most any product or vehicle photo will contain a watermark if your browsing our website. Anyone that submits photos to us will be watermarked as was the case here.

CobraMac

Established Member
We watermark every photo on our website, even manufacture photos. Most any product or vehicle photo will contain a watermark if your browsing our website. Anyone that submits photos to us will be watermarked as was the case here.

And if you are not claiming original copyrighted property then why does this need to be done?

G04cobra

Established Member
I think the vendor didn't realize that the SVT community is a tight knit group....one of the many benefits of owning a cobra.

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
And if you are not claiming original copyrighted property then why does this need to be done?

Any image user submitted or product image on almost every website is watermarked as a standard. Anytime a user submits an image for us to use, it will be watermarked. This image would have been no different than the hundreds of others essentially.

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
Talk about damage control, TOO Little Too Late!!

Well to late or not Mike and I wanted to insure Kevin's issue was taken care of anyway. It doesn't matter if we can save customer's or not, its simply the right thing to do.

As for too late - Mike and I just found out about the picture this weekend. The thread was started yesterday and a customer informed us of the thread as a courtesy. We addressed it as quick as we could. I understand that we can never get things done fast enough and if Mike or I could have done it in a split second we would have. I don't know how much faster we could really work but we get the point. I'm just glad its taken care of regardless.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
I'm sorry... but this thread won't stop me from making future purchases from Cruzin Concepts.

04Sleeper... With all due respect, you post your pictures on the world wide web. Did you ever sit there and think that someone else, such as another member, may have submitted the photo to Cruzin Concepts because they thought that your car made those wheels look good? Who would be to blame then, Cruzin Concepts, or someone, who does not work for CC, who had stumbled upon your pictures and submitted them to CC?

I just don't see any justice in bashing, or whatever you wish to call it, a business over a picture. Seems sort of childish to me.

CobraMac

Established Member
I'm sorry... but this thread won't stop me from making future purchases from Cruzin Concepts.

04Sleeper... With all due respect, you post your pictures on the world wide web. Did you ever sit there and think that someone else, such as another member, may have submitted the photo to Cruzin Concepts because they thought that your car made those wheels look good? Who would be to blame then, Cruzin Concepts, or someone, who does not work for CC, who had stumbled upon your pictures and submitted them to CC?

I just don't see any justice in bashing, or whatever you wish to call it, a business over a picture. Seems sort of childish to me.

He does not post his pictures for others to use to profit from...I guess that's where you don't really understand what this is about. Some people just don't get it.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

Call it what you will. Photographers make good money doing what they do. I have made good money with my photography.

I understand what you are saying, but a photo online is still protected by Copyright. Weather it be on the World Wide Web or not. That is why there are Copyright laws in place to protect these pictures. It would be no different than if someone said "Some guy gave me this, so it's OK for me to sell it, or make money off of it." How does the person know it is not stolen? Are you held liable if you sell stolen property? Even if you din't know it was not stolen? Same thing applies here.

I have no problem when photos are saved, rehosted, posted up ect...

The problem I had was with using them for profit, and not asking permission to use them. (Whoever used the or copied them or whatever. It doesn't matter.)

Either way Greg has taken care of the issue promptly and I thank him for that.

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member

Thank you for your kindly for your comments and understanding. I don't think Kevin did anything wrong and we wanted to get this taken care of for him as much as he did. He's not at fault and it is safe to post photos on forums I think and a simple signature on the photo will insure that some bonehead doesn't use your photo without your consent. Again we are happy that we have the matter taken care of. If Kevin needs anything at all he is more than welcome to let Mike or I know. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Greg

shb5007

Established Member
Subscribing...I have never dealt with this company...look forward to the "end result".

I don't think the issue is the use of his pictures, that happens all the time on the internet.

The issue is using someone's pictures to make a profit, and making it look like they agreed for you to use them.

Hopefully either way the company in question will learn from this.

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
You obviously didn't read my post. Shame on you..

I obviously did...and my post still stands. Someone may have submitted them, but like I said submitted by someone or NOT, he did not post them on the internet for someone to profit from.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
I completely understand where you are coming from. I don't like people messing with my money, and probably would respond the same exact way.

As you know, this world is full of liars. If someone sent me a photo of, what they called, "their Cobra," and I have never seen this Cobra on the internet before, I would probably believe the person who sent the photo.

See what I am trying to say? I don't think that CC deliberately looked on SVTP, or whatever websites you post your beautiful car on, and stole your photo. I have a feeling that someone sent them a photo of your car, after stumbling upon it while browsing online, unknowningly of what kind of issue that they were about to cause.

Maybe CC needs to have a better way to advertise their products? So this won't happen again..

I just don't think they are bad business, such as LFP

Call it what you will. Photographers make good money doing what they do. I have made good money with my photography.

I understand what you are saying, but a photo online is still protected by Copyright. Weather it be on the World Wide Web or not. That is why there are Copyright laws in place to protect these pictures. It would be no different than if someone said "Some guy gave me this, so it's OK for me to sell it, or make money off of it." How does the person know it is not stolen? Are you held liable if you sell stolen property? Even if you din't know it was not stolen? Same thing applies here.

I have no problem when photos are saved, rehosted, posted up ect...

The problem I had was with using them for profit, and not asking permission to use them. (Whoever used the or copied them or whatever. It doesn't matter.)

Either way Greg has taken care of the issue promptly and I thank him for that.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
I obviously did...and my post still stands. Someone may have submitted them, but like I said submitted by someone or NOT, he did not post them on the internet for someone to profit from.

I am not trying to cause some sort of argument, but CC previously stated, in another post, that their customers submit photos for them to use to advertise their products... Put two and two together, my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread