Beware! Cruizin Concepts Wholesale STOLE My Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I believe this same company or one simular that advertises in MM&FF did the same to friends yellow and silver GT convertible. THey gave him the run around till he mentioned lawyer and then they offered free products. So maybe Cruzin ought to do the right thing and give the poster free products or maybe cruzin needs to go buy a cobra and put some wheels on it. But I guess you can't drop ship a cobra to your cruzin house, because your mom won't be happy about it.

CobraMac

Established Member
I don't know about others but I didn't like the attitude at ALL of the poster for Cruzin' in that first post. Not a great way to start out on the forum.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
As ugly as pictures may get...i put my ugly name on them...people are scum sometimes I tell you...

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I don't know about others but I didn't like the attitude at ALL of the poster for Cruzin' in that first post. Not a great way to start out on the forum.

And to top it off, instead of removing the photos as requested, they have posted that lame ass reply as a foot note under the pictures. Obviously they have someone savvy enough to edit the website to add that link, they couldn't just remove the damn pictures?

They just sealed the deal with me to never purchase anything from them.

CobraMac

Established Member
And to top it off, instead of removing the photos as requested, they have posted that lame ass reply as a foot note under the pictures. Obviously they have someone savvy enough to edit the website to add that link, they couldn't just remove the damn pictures?

They just sealed the deal with me to never purchase anything from them.

Agreed!

Not this thread or the use of the pictures...but the original response of the of the poster from Cruzin' Concepts in this thread has sealed the deal that I will never make a purchase from them as well as my 30-40 friends who own cobras as well.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Agreed!

Not this thread or the use of the pictures...but the original response of the of the poster from Cruzin' Concepts in this thread has sealed the deal that I will never make a purchase from them as well as my 30-40 friends who own cobras as well.

+1

Infact just to help as well. Ever so often ill TTT this thread just to scare off a few more potential buyers just so I can help in my own way. :thumbsup:

Sticky maybe???

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The photos taken were not extracted and/or taken by Cruizin staff. Furthermore for any readers interested, these photos have not been properly copyrighted and/or watermarked. Proper copyrights and watermarks assure prevention of unauthorized submissions of vehicles. A watermark copyright is the quickest and easiest way as you can simply place this on the face of the image. Simply put our staff does not hover the web for photos and has no need to. LRS and many other websites allow users to submit photos within seconds and this is similar to the likes of youtube and photo bucket. Watermarks though ultimately prevent the misuse of your photos and we advise anyone posting photos in a public setting to use this as you can do it in something as simple as paint which comes standard on every windows based operating system.
So it's OK to add your own watermark to pictures you don't own? :??:

I don't have to watermark a picture to have it copyrighted. (Please do some research.)

All photos are copyrighted the minute they're created, whether the photographer takes steps to protect the image or not. The copyright is the exclusive property of the "author", artist, or photographer. I do not choose to watermark my pictures because I feel it takes away from the picture. Knowing that I am copyrighted as soon as I take the picture protects me either way.

CCMS LLC does not condone or operate in a fashion where photos are stolen or misused. We are an ethical company that has served the online community since 2001. CCMS LLC is not a new company or irrelevant company trying to gain any advantage by misuse as we have had many photos submitted from customers over the years. We are a very well established and connected with the Mustang enthusiast community and we love to serve others to the best of our abilities. We would never knowingly create any misunderstandings and/or take use of someone's property.
I will have to take your word on this.

Any accusations and/or slander without proof of wrongdoing by CCMS LLC is not taken lightly and shouldn't be done before simply giving us a call and really a simple chance to look into the matter. Our company has firmly not broke any laws and we have staff members that are well versed in these areas which will be taking this matter up personally in the upcoming days.
I tried to contact someone, left a message and never recived a call back. I shouldn't have to keep wasting my time trying to contact you for something I didn't not do any wrong in.

Please leave behind any mere speculation and avoid labeling something as fact prior to contacting us about a simple matter. This didn't need a letter and could have been simply solved with a toll free phone call, so that it didn't cost you a cent. We apologize for this and I can take you for your word that these were not submitted or supplied by the user in this thread. Our staff would be happy to verify with you some basic things so that the photos can be removed per your request, especially being that it has offended you. We certainly don't want you offended and we can easily replace these photos the moment these are removed, so we had no need of them for profit.
Well when you are using them in your ad to SELL wheels, I would see this as using them for profit!

Please do remove these from your website. (Since you already made switches easily last night, I can see this can easily be done.)

Our staff is happy to discuss any such matters further and we are mostly easy to work with. Thank you for hearing me out regarding this matter and I hope that we can fix this matter and all be happy. If anyone has any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our customer service center at 888-630-0655. I or another manager on duty would be happy to discus this in length. Furthermore if there are any deeply technical legal questions that I cannot answer, we can also direct anyone to our attorney who would be able to go into articulate detail if needed. Thank you all and God Bless.
Sincerely,
Greg
Since I have your attention, there is no need to go through your automated call center.

Regards, Kevin

zonk22

Established Member
wow, Greg, have you even thought of how many of you potential customers will find this thread. You sir need to be a little more apologetic. You cannot get out of this mistake cleanly. Be smart, show some humility, make things right, and continue to sell your products. If you don't this thread will spread to other forums and you sir will cost yourself lots of sales.

good luck Kevin

jliddle

Established Member
You would think as many potential buyers that are on this forum, Cruizin would just eat his pride and take the pics off or give you a cut Kevin.

Cruizin mentioned calling a customer service #, What good would that do when a "manager" is posting here on the forum and offers no quality customer service. Much less some poor fool answering complaint calls day in and day out. Or is it a "do as i say, not as i do" type moral over at Cruizin Concepts?

Either way best of luck Kevin.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
The photos taken were not extracted and/or taken by Cruizin staff. Furthermore for any readers interested, these photos have not been properly copyrighted and/or watermarked. Proper copyrights and watermarks assure prevention of unauthorized submissions of vehicles. A watermark copyright is the quickest and easiest way as you can simply place this on the face of the image. Simply put our staff does not hover the web for photos and has no need to. LRS and many other websites allow users to submit photos within seconds and this is similar to the likes of youtube and photo bucket. Watermarks though ultimately prevent the misuse of your photos and we advise anyone posting photos in a public setting to use this as you can do it in something as simple as paint which comes standard on every windows based operating system.

CCMS LLC does not condone or operate in a fashion where photos are stolen or misused. We are an ethical company that has served the online community since 2001. CCMS LLC is not a new company or irrelevant company trying to gain any advantage by misuse as we have had many photos submitted from customers over the years. We are a very well established and connected with the Mustang enthusiast community and we love to serve others to the best of our abilities. We would never knowingly create any misunderstandings and/or take use of someone's property.

Most of you have heard of us as we advertise in many places and are featured on just about every book shelf in the country with the likes of magazines such as 5.0 Magazine and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. We use all of our own images for these advertisements like major national publications.

Any accusations and/or slander without proof of wrongdoing by CCMS LLC is not taken lightly and shouldn't be done before simply giving us a call and really a simple chance to look into the matter. Our company has firmly not broke any laws and we have staff members that are well versed in these areas which will be taking this matter up personally in the upcoming days.

Please leave behind any mere speculation and avoid labeling something as fact prior to contacting us about a simple matter. This didn't need a letter and could have been simply solved with a toll free phone call, so that it didn't cost you a cent. We apologize for this and I can take you for your word that these were not submitted or supplied by the user in this thread. Our staff would be happy to verify with you some basic things so that the photos can be removed per your request, especially being that it has offended you. We certainly don't want you offended and we can easily replace these photos the moment these are removed, so we had no need of them for profit.

Our staff is happy to discuss any such matters further and we are mostly easy to work with. Thank you for hearing me out regarding this matter and I hope that we can fix this matter and all be happy. If anyone has any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our customer service center at 888-630-0655 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************888-630-0655******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. I or another manager on duty would be happy to discus this in length. Furthermore if there are any deeply technical legal questions that I cannot answer, we can also direct anyone to our attorney who would be able to go into articulate detail if needed. Thank you all and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Greg

Wow...talk about a pathetic response. Did your lawyer draft that up for you? Your attitude alone regarding this issue is going to lose you an awful lot of business, and rightfully so IMO. Your post speaks volumes about your company.

recalcitrant

Established Member
Kevin's car and posts are well respected on here. Your company is now on the other end of the spectrum. Instead of coming on here lawyering, you should've just sucked it up, apologized, and gained a lot of new customers by having a humble attitude. Kevin wasn't looking for money, just credit for some excellent photography. Good luck Kevin. Car looks awesome.

D3 Racing

Freak Show
Established Member
We are again more than happy to take them down. We have no need of the photos for profit as we have other photos of these wheels installed. This wheel has been on the market for about 2 years so photos for those of us that sell this product are not in short supply and we could have used dozens of other photos which would have avoided an inadvertent misunderstanding and assertions.

So why haven't the pictures been taken down then? Instead of spending time typing up and posting some half-assed legal disclaimer and spending even more time answering questions on here you could have found (stole) "dozens of other photos".

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
So it's OK to add your own watermark to pictures you don't own? :??:

I don't have to watermark a picture to have it copyrighted. (Please do some research.)

All photos are copyrighted the minute they're created, whether the photographer takes steps to protect the image or not. The copyright is the exclusive property of the "author", artist, or photographer. I do not choose to watermark my pictures because I feel it takes away from the picture. Knowing that I am copyrighted as soon as I take the picture protects me either way.

I will have to take your word on this.

I tried to contact someone, left a message and never recived a call back. I shouldn't have to keep wasting my time trying to contact you for something I didn't not do any wrong in.

Well when you are using them in your ad to SELL wheels, I would see this as using them for profit!

Please do remove these from your website. (Since you already made switches easily last night, I can see this can easily be done.)

Since I have your attention, there is no need to go through your automated call center.

Regards, Kevin

Hi Kevin,
First again we are sorry and the only reason that the developer didn't remove the pictures immediately is because adding the link was simple. Our main developer should be able to take it down Monday. Our website is written in ASP and the guy I had do the small edit with the text did'nt want to mess up anything in the asp code. We didn't want to ignore this thread and I'm sure you can see that rather than ignoring you, you are correct in that we wanted to give you the respect of a response. Sorry again we didn't know sooner. Being that we just found out hopefully everyone can hang in their until Monday so that our ASP guy can delete any pictures and code.

We are trying to be the good guys here, in a case where we didn't take the photos! Tough to be the good guy though... I don't mind viewers of the post and again I'll repeat that our staff when informed is more than happy to help anyone out.

As for calling the accounting department and leaving a message I don't know. I obviously didn't know about it nor did our sales manager Mike who many of you know on Modular Fords, Stangnet, Mustang Forums and All Ford Mustangs. He is often in the community conversing and staying involved. Anyway knowone here knew that I've talked too. Mike even said that noone emailed our main address at [email protected]. He and I both agree we are happy to insure that its taken care of. That simple.

As for the whole profit thing, I'm not hear to argue this either. This wheel has been on the market for 2 years and no one stole the pictures and thats simply a matter of fact. To say that we stole your photo for profit is not the case. My only goal is to move forward on your behalf and insure that your taken care of. That's all that matters for me.

As for the copyright, yes there are certainly more concrete copyrights that are put directly into an image. I did want to lend some insight for anyone just posting photos of their car online without internal copyright or a simple watermark someone is bound to take them and submit them who knows where, maybe even on another forum saying its their car lol. Its always best to sign the photo and it takes a few simple seconds. Nothing intended there other than advise. There were no formal copyrights on the image internally or visible.

We don't want to be counter productive on the forum and being that we sponsor most every major forum online I know that what we say matters. We respect the members of the forum and I have personally been a member in two other forums for about 2 years so I get it. The photos will be taken down and this will be maybe today or latest tomorrow. The link was easy as it isn't the complex asp code and we will have it taken care of.

If you have any questions though please feel free to call me (888) 630-0655. Simply dial option #1 which is sales and ask for myself or Mike. I'd be happy to help you out on anything or answer any of your questions. In fact that would stand for anyone that would like to speak to us directly.

Being that this has obviously taken up everyone's reading time your welcome to email me for a discount code if there is anything that you need at [email protected]. You can also use this email address if you need to contact me for any other reason. I would be happy to help anyone in here out and it doesn't have to be a product it can be tech support on a performance part, doesn't matter. Hopefully everyone can be eased as we have insured its resolved. God bless you guys.

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I had something like this happen a few years ago at a "National Event." I was taking pictures of my car and lots of other rides. I asked the guy if he would take one of my pictures and put it on a shirt for me and my wife. He said yeah. Gimme your flash card and I will upload the pic and make your shirts. So I hand him the card. He gets the pic I want.....Plus all the other pics on my card and then puts them on his website for sale with his "copyrighted watermark." You talk about being upset. All day taking pics and this butt hole takes possession of my photos. I was not pleased. So I know how you feel.

Sounds like in the above post they are going to make good to you. Congrats of you getting your problem resolved.

Last edited:

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
I had something like this happen a few years ago at a "National Event." I was taking pictures of my car and lots of other rides. I asked the guy if he would take one of my pictures and put it on a shirt for me and my wife. He said yeah. Gimme your flash card and I will upload the pic and make your shirts. So I hand him the card. He gets the pic I want.....Plus all the other pics on my card and then puts them on his website for sale with his "copyrighted watermark." You talk about being upset. All day taking pics and this butt hole takes possession of my photos. I was not pleased. So I know how you feel.

Sounds like in the above post they are going to make good to you. Congrats of you getting your problem resolved.

Wow, that's the most direct form of that I've ever heard.

Cruizin_Greg

Established Member
Well, we have our developer that will be at a computer later today for edits. Thank God!

We also have the information and email of the bonehead that submitted the photos. We will be emailing him Monday when we get in the office. The most difficult customer service is the type when your trying to say in a professional way that the photos you've submitted were not yours and have been taken down and by the way please do not send us any more vehicle photos!

Knee jerk impulse is to say hey jack knocker and then go from there! Cant do that though ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread