• Remain in California, get off light

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Sent to Kansas, go for life in prison

Votes: 28 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blk02edge

Established Member
This should 100% be a life in ****ing prison offense... If you think about the chance of wrongful death in this scenario.. It will come to a point where swat teams will no longer be able to act unless its too late in a real situation. **** these "swatters" to death

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I would agree with you.

If I was just sitting on the couch, minding my own business and someone busted through my front door, my last thought would be that it was the police. In my mind, they would have 0 reason to be there.

Exactly. In most people's minds they would believe they have done nothing wrong and the police should not be after them. So someone coming through your door is someone who should not be there.

Zemedici

Established Member
I think in a lot of cases they don't have to. Usually, if SWAT is on scene then they are there for a specific reason and it is not to announce themselves or their position. There is also such a thing as no-knock warrants. They just bust in the door and take who they are looking for. What I'm suggesting is a rare instance, but how do you know if who is busting through your door is actually a cop?

Completely understand, Jon

But how is SWAT supposed to approach this situation? They get a call that someone's being held hostage at gun point, they have to take it as a legitimate call.

Just a no-win situation.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

But how is SWAT supposed to approach this situation? They get a call that someone's being held hostage at gun point, they have to take it as a legitimate call.

Just a no-win situation.

I've watched movies, they should get Denzel on the phone.

The%20Taking%20of%20Pelham%20123%20movie%20image%20Denzel%20Washington%20(3).jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Just a no-win situation.

They have the tools to find out. Just busting in without intel is actually not going to be the best way to save hostages. You're going to want to know beforehand positions and possible traps that will await you on entry. If the person is armed and knows you are coming in the front door then he can just sit behind a wall barricaded and blast your one and two man on entry. As much as SWAT's job is to kick down doors and clear buildings, the job is as dangerous as a job can get. Without knowing what you are going into is reckless and irresponsible way to ensure your team is effective and as safe as possible.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Bottom line is SWAT shouldn’t go into a situation unless there is a known need to. Not a random call about a hostage or whatever.

I think people have watched Minority Report and don’t comprehend its theme. They want LE to be preventers and not responders.

Zemedici

Established Member
Can someone explain how this even works?

playing xbox with someone you REALLY Dont get along with

they say some shit that pushes you over the edge

you run Cain and Abel / other program to get their IP address, trace that back to physical address

call 911 and say you're at that location being held at gunpoint

bam they send SWAT to take care of situation

innocent people get arrested or worse....

And before anyone asks - I've got some shady acquaintances lololol

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
@Zemedici
The guy who beat the punk on the game had a VPN going and it just happened to give this poor mans address to the little punk.
Wrong place + wrong time =RIP

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Guy who called in the false report was committing a felony which resulted in the death of someone else. This is the very definition of "felony murder". Guy should be in prison for life, and go through whatever avenue would net the best prison term.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Seeing how it happened across state line and over the phone. I think it should be a federal crime

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am shocked that Commiefornia didn’t give the guy a political seat.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread