Big Blower or a Daily Driver

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
I have $ 4000 to use ,Question I really want a 2.6 kb ,but I also need a second car ,I don't like to drive the Cobra every day to go to Work :shrug:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I was in the same dilemma. Either go TS with supporting mods, find a bike, or a cheap DD. Went with the Kenne bell lol. Love it.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Just got back from a roadtrip to Orlando...the roads down there are nice...
Looking at your mods in your sig, I say you are ready for a KB...
I did a few things backwards and tried doing the KB with the stock clutch which was a bad idea...couldn't afford to get a new one until now...
So I say go for the KB

Jefe

Established Member
TuksonMike daily drives his 700+rwhp Whipple 2.3 E85 Cobra every day....With a great tune these cars are insanely reliable

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Well since you live in orlando, with really no need for a winter beater. i'll say get the blower.

Dane

Established Member
If putting mileage on your cobra is not a concern then a TS. Or you could buy a $2000 beater and save a little and buy a used KB from the site.

RoadRash

Established Member
TwinScrew that b1tch and DD it! .. Thats what I did! Mods in sig. I just turned one year of DD'ing a Whipple and put about 20k miles on the Cobra. It is a blast except for the pump gas.. that part sucks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ill be the smart one...get a DD and save some more pennies.

blower, fuel upgrades, tune...it'll be more than $4k. and now your stressing the car a bit more...what happens if she goes? it happens ALL the time...we all see it

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I agree with Jake, get a DD man incase anything ever happens. You start trying to make big power and things are bound to happen.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The problem is that I drive 22 miles on way to go to work

Wow. a 20min commute. just enough to drink your coffee and wake up before arriving in hell.

Id buy a DD. You never know whats gonna happen when you start pushing your car to the limits. Be kinda stupid to spend $4k on a blower and then a month later it breaks down (no fault of the blower, maybe tranny shreds or rear end blows randomly) and now you have no way to get to work and no money to fix it. Then you have to part out the blower and mods just to fix it and are back at a stockish terminator and wasted a shitload of cash and were out of transportation for a month.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hello J,
It makes sense to get a cheap DD and save up for the upgraded blower with supporting mods.
Did you ever get some good rear tires? You have and Eaton spray combo which is good for mid 10s.
The advantage of the bigger blower is full time 600+ but the Eaton /spray is a lethal combo for the track.

RoadRash

Established Member
The problem is that I drive 22 miles on way to go to work

I hear the other comments about getting a DD and for $4k, they are probably right (b/c blower and supporting mods are much more).

On the other hand, I DD my Cobra 75 miles per day, 5 days a week. Every day is a blast driving 600rwhp. Actually, yesterday, I ran up on a new TecArt 911 Turbo and I pulled about 2 cars on him from 80-135mph (I ran out of 4th and he hit the brakes). That is the first car to ever give me any competition around here.. lol.

I have put 20,000 Whippled miles on my Cobra in a year, with relatively few problems. I don't really like the wear & tear but its the path I choose.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
i was in the same dilemma and trust me.... go with a DD first. There is no crappier feeling than breaking down or having an issue with your car and having absolutely no transportation. I got my KB installed, had oil leaking issues with it after about 1k miles and was rushing to find a cheap DD since my Cobra was down for a while. So I got the KB, and a few weeks later a DD too...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
DD first and next time you won't have to ask. It'll just be spend what you got on the car.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Ill be the smart one...get a DD and save some more pennies.

blower, fuel upgrades, tune...it'll be more than $4k. and now your stressing the car a bit more...what happens if she goes? it happens ALL the time...we all see it

Exactly...get you a $2000 Honda or other reliable beater and save another
$2K for the beater.

In my case, my beater cost me $500 and I put another $300 in newer parts. It is not very pretty, but way more economical.

Users who are viewing this thread