big decision coming soon!!

Get some 5.0

Established Member
Well I test drove a 2008 Z06 today!! I don't know what to say but it wad awsome!! I've been a mustang fan all my life and that might change. I'm test driving a 2011 GT500 tomorrow!! Hopefully it will change my mind!!

SCalla1384

Established Member
There high trapping mofo's regardless haha.

I'm with everyone else, the c6z or save for a 13 GT500. Even then, c6Z is an unbelievable machine

o2gt

Established Member
i love those cars i would be scared to drive one because i would probable wont to buy it. the gt500 should be sweet also. i agree with others might want to save for a 13-14 gt500

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What's the car for a weekend driver or a dd. Cause I sure would not buy a vett. For a dd.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The problem I have with fast C6Z's, they are "me too" cars. Everyone and their grandfather owns one. Yes, I understand the Mustang is a widely owned car, but that's not exactly what I mean. It's EASY to make a C6Z fast, it's something different when you build a 2013-2014 Mustang GT to beat a C6Z. The LS7 also requires internal engine mods, the 2013 GT500 does not, only simple bolt ons. Sure, the GT Coyote requires an internal rebuild for boost.

Last edited:

NickSezz

Established Member
I have a buddy with an 06 Z06. The Vette is awesome, but I would say the Mustang is more practical all around.

I would pick up an 11-12 GT500 and slap on a TVS upgrade like so:

2007-2012 Shelby GT500 750HP TVS Supercharger Upgrade

We have done quite a few of these in house and see 650-700whp out of this upgrade.

No need to spend the cash for the 13' at that point : )

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
The problem I have with fast C6Z's, they are "me too" cars. Everyone and their grandfather owns one. Yes, I understand the Mustang is a widely owned car, but that's not exactly what I mean. It's EASY to make a C6Z fast, it's something different when you build a 2013-2014 Mustang GT to beat a C6Z. The LS7 also requires internal engine mods, the 2013 GT500 does not, only simple bolt ons. Sure, the GT Coyote requires an internal rebuild for boost.

I've been running boost on my car now for 12k miles. She loves it lol especially on the corn. I haven't had a single issue with the motor.

stang8psi

Established Member
With the z being a choice .. make sure you do what is called a wiggle test or have a reputable shop do it! What it is is checks the valves for play and wear .. the c6z are known to have bad valve guides that wear out and if not found or caught will drop a valve and destroy the 10k engine very quickly. My friends shop horse power addicts.net does heads o. C6z like we do tunes on mustangs.

NickSezz

Established Member
With the z being a choice .. make sure you do what is called a wiggle test or have a reputable shop do it! What it is is checks the valves for play and wear .. the c6z are known to have bad valve guides that wear out and if not found or caught will drop a valve and destroy the 10k engine very quickly. My friends shop horse power addicts.net does heads o. C6z like we do tunes on mustangs.

I second this recommendation. The guys at East Coast Supercharging here in NJ told the same to my friend when he brought his 06 in for some tuning.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Them zo6's ride hard... Whatever floats your boat its your money.. I can tell you the 2011 gt 500 will not impress you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread