Billet Fuel Hat

FordFanStan

Established Member
I started working with Justin on this product on 08/17/2007. It took many phone calls and emails back and fourth to even begin with what we had in mind. In late April of 2008 I had a prototype in my hand and test fit it in a Lightning tank on the 1st of May this year. Then and only then after the prototype was finished did another vendor come to the plate and mention they would be working on "a different but similar" piece. Since then Justin has made some simple minor changes and has perfected the fuel hat so to speak. It has come a long way and I am sure it is going to be the nicest and highest quality fuel system modification out there for our applications. Now that particular vendor, after practically bashing this part, is going to be offering it as well. Anyone who purchases this product no matter where from is going to be an extremely happy customer, and that is what matters most. FFS

Last edited:

foreprecision

Established Member
Sorry I couldn't respond earlier...my little girl had tubes put in her ears today. I'll try to address some of the questions.

Derek,
We use Pro/Engineer for design and Mastercam for CNC programming.

Linn,
I was great meeting you and Rick at Mustang Week...we look forward to working with you guys!

Pricing: not established just yet...I have to figure out how to piece together the options. For instance, the compact prefilters were outrageously expensive, and not everybody will need them. (only if running three pumps)

I sent the following CAD screenshot to JJ at WMS after he asked to see the numerous (but minor) changes that we made (after Stan at DMP did the prototype fit for us) The hat will be branded and engraved as Fore Precision's product. Of course, some dealers will use it as part of a package deal that they will label as their own product.

We have not accepted any preorders since we have not established pricing. Of course, DMP will have the first opportunity to purchase any amount of this first production run, since they have been pushing this project from the beginning and provided valuable help with the design. It wouldn't have been possible without them. Thanks Stan!

I'D WIN

Established Member
It looks great!

Stan,

Will a controller be required with the addition of a 3rd pump?

What about the wiring, relays, etc?

Is DMP going to offer a complete "bolt on" kit so to speak?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Of course, DMP will have the first opportunity to purchase any amount of this first production run, since they have been pushing this project from the beginning and provided valuable help with the design. It wouldn't have been possible without them. Thanks Stan!

Justin no need to thank me, heck I need to be thanking you for continuing with such a great product, so thank you and I look forward to continuing business with you.

Stan,

Will a controller be required with the addition of a 3rd pump?

What about the wiring, relays, etc?

Is DMP going to offer a complete "bolt on" kit so to speak?

Martin, we would like to put together a kit, but I would like to wait a little bit longer to use some other products that will be in the works soon for this "kit". Not only this, but we would like to install this and test it under varous different conditions and usage thoroughly before we market it in a kit, I have no doubt the hat is the absolute highest quality, but this pertains to some of the other questions you asked; like wiring, relays, controller, etc. Hope that helps some. FFS

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Justin, Stan
from a design standpoint i must say you guys have done one HELL of a job! that clamp that holds the pumps together will make 1 hell of a heat sink! which gives me a great idea for a 2nd part to the kit...

Justin,
good to know i can send files to you if i need to. i had Pro-E awahile ago but my new postion only has the need for CATIA V5.

FordFanStan

Established Member
complete kit you say?

I'll add you to the list bud :D

Yeah I do plan on it, but like I said earlier, I do not want to advertise and market a kit until I have tested and verified. Once that has been done, I can start packaging everything together and will release them as kits. There is one new product that will be in the works soon I also plan to use, so until that product is finished as well, I do not want to release the kit.

Hey Ryan can you call me later today, or I'll call you, I need to confirm on your current setup so I can get that tune out to you. As I'm sure you know, the Sonic Blue beast is already on its way :rockon: :coolman: FFS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread