Billet Fuel Hat

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I saw the prototype at Mustang Week, it looked great. The Fore people were really nice and explained everything I wanted to know about the system.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Just two more weeks... blah blah blah! I am tired of empty promises, extended period of waiting times, time to take matters in my own hands. I just hope somebody actually delivers. Various vendors have been talking about products to be released (which should have been out long ago) and it just goes on and on and on...

Last edited:

Enileate

Established Member
Reading this thread was a waste. Machining those pieces is not hard and not expensive. The $400 price tag is good for a one of production, however if there is going to be more the 10 units the cost should be much cheaper.

I checked with my supplier and the raw material amount is less the $35. To have it anadoized is another $15. These prices are based on a 10 unit run.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Reading this thread was a waste. Machining those pieces is not hard and not expensive. The $400 price tag is good for a one of production, however if there is going to be more the 10 units the cost should be much cheaper.

I checked with my supplier and the raw material amount is less the $35. To have it anadoized is another $15. These prices are based on a 10 unit run.

What about the engineering costs that are only going to be spread across a limited production run? The time that was spent on designing this part has to be paid for as well, not to mention all the testing quality control assurances. Remember that these manufacturers are not charities, they have to make a profit and put food on the table as well.

Enileate

Established Member
What about the engineering costs that are only going to be spread across a limited production run? The time that was spent on designing this part has to be paid for as well, not to mention all the testing quality control assurances. Remember that these manufacturers are not charities, they have to make a profit and put food on the table as well.

I have seen in some of the earlier posts that months have been spent designing this over the phone. I also know exactly what it really takes to produce product, and a few months is enough time to engineer this simple piece.

To quote a wise man "Shit or get of the pot"

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have seen in some of the earlier posts that months have been spent designing this over the phone. I also know exactly what it really takes to produce product, and a few months is enough time to engineer this simple piece.

To quote a wise man "Shit or get of the pot"

I'm not commenting on the time line, simply the price. Those months spent designing the part must be paid for. I believe $400 is more than a fair price.

foreprecision

Established Member

Indeed you are correct in regards to the raw materials, but the assembly is not as simple as it might look from the pictures. Four of OUR people have been involved in the design (three engineers) and two of the parts in the assembly have to run on our five axis VMC. ($600/hour for that machine) We will have to sell 35 units to break even.

I apologize for the delay and appreciate everyone's patience. You will not be disappointed in the finished product.

We have already started production...I was hoping to ship by the end of the week, but after assembly and inspection, we're looking at early next week.

Justin

FordFanStan

Established Member
Indeed you are correct in regards to the raw materials, but the assembly is not as simple as it might look from the pictures. Four of OUR people have been involved in the design (three engineers) and two of the parts in the assembly have to run on our five axis VMC. ($600/hour for that machine) We will have to sell 35 units to break even.

I apologize for the delay and appreciate everyone's patience. You will not be disappointed in the finished product.

We have already started production...I was hoping to ship by the end of the week, but after assembly and inspection, we're looking at early next week.

Justin

Thanks for the update Justin, glad to here they're in production now. I can not wait to test one out on my own truck in a few months. Thank you for all the time spent on this product and for the design and development. FFS

I'D WIN

Established Member
So, who is gonna be selling this?

Is Fore gonna setup a GB here on the boards and sell direct?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Looks like it's 'his' design Stan, not this one. Also all he has posted is a CAD drawing, no actual prototypes.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Full side view:
101_7589.gif

:dw: :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread