BITCOIN

98SVTContour98

Established Member
well, i no longer have faith in the exact same things you listed. we probably think the same. but they are all involved way more heavily now, to the point where i don't see much of a difference

oh no doubt, they are not to be trusted...it just wasn't clear to me why you were concerned about them owning Bitcoin. Are you worried they will try to attack bitcoin through ownership of it?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Dumb, like donating to a "build the wall" fund. It's not my say or care what you do with your investments. Vilifying a transaction method is a pathetic distraction.
LMAO. I did not see him vilifying it. You seem a little sensitive and as someone with probably more crypto than I should have, a little naive about whether the world powers can squash this.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
oh no doubt, they are not to be trusted...it just wasn't clear to me why you were concerned about them owning Bitcoin. Are you worried they will try to attack bitcoin through ownership of it?
it just doesn't seem decentralized at that point, if that makes sense. and i thought that was the whole point

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Dumb, like donating to a "build the wall" fund. It's not my say or care what you do with your investments. Vilifying a transaction method is a pathetic distraction.
you said "as long as you're not doing anything wrong"

my point is it ain't up to you on what is wrong and what is allowed(hence my example)...it's the same old people who've always been in control

98SVTContour98

Established Member
it just doesn't seem decentralized at that point, if that makes sense. and i thought that was the whole point

a neat component to bitcoin is that even if Elites owned 51% of the supply (they would need 10 million bitcoins btw)....in terms of decentralization/centralization....ownership of coins is meaningless...they can't control bitcoin just b/c they own a lot of it...they'd have to own like 90% of it (even then they couldn't control bitcoin!!!) but then it's value would plummet to zero b/c no one else would own it/buy/sell/trade/etc.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
LMAO. I did not see him vilifying it. You seem a little sensitive and as someone with probably more crypto than I should have, a little naive about whether the world powers can squash this.

You wildly overestimate the "world powers" control over crypto. China, india and s. korea have outlawed crypto - yet underground markets thrive.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
You wildly overestimate the "world powers" control over crypto. China, india and s. korea have outlawed crypto - yet underground markets thrive.
I don’t doubt this from merely a crypto trading perspective. I do doubt this from the significant “use case” perspective as the underground matrix is still in its infancy.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
a neat component to bitcoin is that even if Elites owned 51% of the supply (they would need 10 million bitcoins btw)....in terms of decentralization/centralization....ownership of coins is meaningless...they can't control bitcoin just b/c they own a lot of it...they'd have to own like 90% of it (even then they couldn't control bitcoin!!!) but then it's value would plummet to zero b/c no one else would own it/buy/sell/trade/etc.
I meant more like when they shut down the ability to transfer to Russian addresses, or shut down the exchange, or maybe both (I can't remember) when this war started.

If I owned it thinking I was detached from big government, that would've changed my mind

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I meant more like when they shut down the ability to transfer to Russian addresses, or shut down the exchange, or maybe both (I can't remember) when this war started.

If I owned it thinking I was detached from big government, that would've changed my mind

there are ways around it...I'll try to read up more on those specific examples and see what I find.

98SVTContour98

Established Member

i've read a little bit about it and it looks like they banned a few Russian addresses from a few major Exchanges. This is to be expected b/c the fiat system is centralized. I'm sure Russia can find another centralized exchange if they need to cash out their Bitcoin for Ruble/USD though. But I would assume that at some point, all exchanges could ban whomever they want.

There are other ways to buy Bitcoin without using an exchange as well.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i've read a little bit about it and it looks like they banned a few Russian addresses from a few major Exchanges. This is to be expected b/c the fiat system is centralized. I'm sure Russia can find another centralized exchange if they need to cash out their Bitcoin for Ruble/USD though. But I would assume that at some point, all exchanges could ban whomever they want.

There are other ways to buy Bitcoin without using an exchange as well.
I wasn't meaning to give you homework lol, but just genuinely curious as I really wanted to believe it was separate from the rest of things. If that makes sense.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I wasn't meaning to give you homework lol, but just genuinely curious as I really wanted to believe it was separate from the rest of things. If that makes sense.

oh I'm with you on that desire as well.

It is separate, but, centralized banks/exchanges/etc can prevent us from using their platforms to buy bitcoin.

You should read about how canada tried to ban bitcoin/address/etc during the trucker protest...they failed miserably b/c of how bitcoin is built.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol wtf

Also, where do yall buy that doesn't have crazy fees?

Coin base wanted $1.20 for 1 SOL...that's a no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread