Bithlo results for 2/13/08

YBS_Mike

Established Member
Made 3 passes. The 1st two, I was bummed because my best 60' was a 1.72.

Both passes were 11.1X........ one was 130.75mph!

Last pass, hot lapped, I was dedicated to LEAVING the starting line with some balls.

1.554 60'
4.556 330'
6.995 1/8th ET
102.14 mph
9.076 1000'
10.822 1/4
129.98 mph

I reached my goal tonight. I still had heavy hesitation into 2nd, but the rest of the pass was perfect. I don't know what's next. I spun on this pass and the rear kicked out some 6"s all through 1st so, more is left on the table. I'm beyond happy for now but this nitrous kit is looking me in the face right now, as is 23PSI instead of 21. We'll see what's next soon enough. Just happy I hit my goal.

YBS_Mike

Established Member
Would love to. Actually, we were planned to go out there this past Saturday but a friends Turbo saleen blew a main bearing on the way out so he called, turned around and we cancled.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulation on getting into the 10s. And you want MORE! LOL! Just goes to show that some just never satisty a goal. It just evolves into a new one. Best of luck with your future nitrous and increased boost plans.

By the way, is this your daily driver?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Great times Mike!!

I knew you could do it.
You and I have some great racing ahead of us.

-

meenstang

Established Member
Congrats on hitting your goal. :thumbsup:
I know the feeling. I used to drag race bikes in the Carolinas. Started out running modified class, and was running low 6's in the 1/8th. Then went to the 5.80 Super Pro class. That lasted for one season. Then went to the 5.60 class Super Comp. I was content there for a couple yrs, but then the need for more speed hit me. I dropped to the Pro Comp class which was 5.30's then. I was running a stock chassis with the exception of the swingarm. Had a hell of a time making that class. Decided I was going to have me a chassis built. At the last race they changed the class to a 5.20 index. I didn't know if I would make that class or not, but with the new chassis, and still on a 7in slick I made the class, and won the championship too. Man, I was proud. They changed the class to a 5.10 index for the next yr, and I was like sh_t, I'll never make that. I had a new mechanic, and he was wanting me to spend 10k on a new car tire chassis, but I told him I didn't have the money. He said that you need to order a progressive nitrous system so that we can dial how much horsepower we need, and at what time we wanted it to be 100%. We did that, and the first run of the year I ran 4.97 at 142mph. I was on cloud nine. Well, anyway, I just wanted to tell you I know how good it feels, I just took half a page to do it.

Last edited:

YBS_Mike

Established Member
Thanks guys.
Cool story meenstang!
Man, it's not that I really need more, it's just that I know I can have more. lol

FYI, it is my dailey and I drive this car every single day to work.

Last night was by far, the fastest the car ever felt. The difference between high 1.6's and a 1.55 can't be put into words. I think I'm a little spoiled though and it's messing up my perspective of the Cobra plans. I got to drive my dads top dragster car this year at Bradington in the 1/8th mile. 4.65's at 149mph with a best of 1.07 60'. The car was 7.3x all week at 181mph in the qtr on only motor and has gone 6.8x's on spray.

As far as the Cobra, I don't know what to do next. I'm at a crossroad I think. Even if I spray it and up the boost to 23PSI, I'll probably still be in the tens. I'll then also have to make some fuel changes to keep up. I'm not sure I see the point if I'm only going to go deeper 10's. Half of me want's to make this a caged/auto/solid car but the other half thinks it's wrong to hack the car up. I'm not sure what to do next.

As odd as this is I have never hot lapped this car untill last night. We had a cold front move in and it rained all day so, nobody was at the track. Maybe 13 street cars, 4 bikes and 4 fast cars total. I made 3 passes from 9:33pm till 9:54pm and the last (fastest) pass was only 7 minutes after the 2nd. Last week I made 2 passes and there was only a 4 thou difference between them. The 1st was ice cold and the 2nd was at full temp. I'm not too sure if it helps at all icing the blower/inlet.

Anyway, untill next time. Thanks for the words guys!

Last edited:

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member
Would love to. Actually, we were planned to go out there this past Saturday but a friends Turbo saleen blew a main bearing on the way out so he called, turned around and we cancled.

Hopefully it doesn't rain tonight. I might make it out.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread