Black 03,HRE,Centri Blower,Low miles

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
I asked for a vin 4 times man, found another car. And bought it, you've had a serious buyer. Good luck though

syclone50

Established Member
Anyone slightly intereted in this car needs to think twice. Send a PM to McConaughey and he will explain in detail his experience with the seller. Just looking out for other members on here. This is a good community and there are people like the seller messing it up for good people.

shauncurt

Established Member
^^why not just post it and save us all the trouble. I had a bad feeling when I could not pay full asking price when I was trying to, lol

syclone50

Established Member
Well I would but he PMd me in great detail about his experience with the seller. The cliff notes are the seller bought the car for cheap from the dealership he works at, not really knowing too much about the car. He has sold most of the nice pieces on here and ebay multiple times and could never give a solid answer as to what was included with the car. Seller continued to raise the price even after seveal deals were made. Seller would never talk with buyers in person and refused to give them payoff information to finalize the deal.

It comes down to the seller wasnt really to interested in selling the car he listed. And I am sure the girlfriend line was a complete joke!

The seller will claim I am trolling in his treads because he wasnt willing to sell me his seats (the same seats that "come" with car but are listed in another thread). I am only watching this thread as someone has a real chance of getting completly screwed by this clown and I don't want to see that happen. Too many good/honest guys on here.

McConaughey

Established Member
HAHA I just spent an hour writing in detail what happened and the site logged me out and I lost everything.

Cliff notes:

Made offer via text. He countered with 20k. Told him to send me the vin and if it checked out I would send the funds the next day. He sent the vin which checked out, and I told him to send me wiring instructions and payoff information. A day later he sent me the vin again. Told him I wanted the car and to send me the info. He gave me only his banks name. I felt something was off and asked if the car was exactly as it was advertised. He responded saying "it might have 03 cobras on it I promised the hres to my buddy and I need the money". I told him that wasn't gonna work and offered him $500 extra with the HRE's or $1,000 less without. He said he would get me the payoff info. Next day he says "20,700 with the hres." I tell him I already was willing to pay his asking price +$500 for what was advertised. I did research on youtube and saw all of his nice cars and explained that I doubted anybody had pulled a bait and switch on him when buying those cars. I also contacted the previous seller who explained that he had sold the car with ALL of the original parts including the complete stock interior and wheels. I told Erod I didn't want all of that stuff, I just wanted the car advertised and the agreed upon price or I was gone.

He said he would get me the payoff info.

No contact for 24hrs.

I send a text with my instructions to have the lien holder call me with the payoff amount and his personal wiring instructions for the difference. I asked him again to call me to make me more comfortable.

He said he would get me the payoff info.

The next day he asked if my bank was able to wire money to his bank.

I again explained yes and to have the lien holder call me so I could pay the car off.

He said he would call them in the morning and posted "sale pending" in this thread.

That was on the 6th. No contact since.

Again, these are the cliff notes. There are about 30+ texts over a long period of time.

I figure this is the REAL deal. He bought the car to part out and make money. He listed EVERY single part that was worth good money for sale here and on ebay. The wheels even sold on ebay for $2,xxx with no tires. The pictures you see in this ad selling the car are a compilation of all of his other parts ads. He NEVER answered my phone calls or would call me. He would send the same text to me several days in a row. I figure he thought he could make all this money by people coming to his house to pay cash for the parts and install their parts on his car. I also think that he sold the HRE's and now has no wheels on the car because the BAER brakes are too big for 03 cobra replicas to fit. I know that he sold the aftermarket seats only to post a thread stating that he tried to remove them, but he wasn't able to.

Bottom line is that the car could show up as advertised, but probably won't. He has many threads trying to replace the parts himself only ending in failure. He even tried to put a stock throttle body on the car himself and couldn't figure out why the car idled at 3k rpms. If it does show up as advertised, there will be issues with it.

BUYER BEWARE. I did everything I could and more to make this a safe and fair transaction for both of us. He will agree to something and then disappear for days only to respond wanting more money. You will agree to something and he will disappear for days only to respond wanting more money. It is a situation where you will always pay more in money or effort than what was agreed upon. Heck, his buddy might have wanted the car and you could end up with an '02 GT because he needed the money.

Heck, his payoff could be $30,000 and he's taking off with whatever CASH he can get. Who really knows?

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Wow. VERY glad I didn't pursue buying this car. Hopefully no one got burned by this guy financially. Seems like a very shady guy.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
What a clown. I knew this was off from the beginning since the price was low (in my opinion) and many people responded quickly, yet it hasn't sold. It should have been sold within a few days, or a week tops.

draggingto

Established Member
Thats to bad, it looks like an amazing car in the pictures and description. Hopefully this guy didnt bastardize it to bad trying to take parts off!!!!!!!!!

sean r

Established Member
To bad the car got cut up. He couldnt have got that much out of the boltons he sold. Shoulda just listed it for a couple more grand and sold it complete.

MTBSully

Established Member
I had agreed to come down to buy the seats from him last weekend, time came and he has stopped responding to my texts. Sketchy....

Users who are viewing this thread