Black '13 in Mexico

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
This black 2013 GT500 was photographed in Toluca, Mexico about 10 days ago on January 27th. I just stumbled upon these pics on a sister site and didn't notice anything posted here about it. Notice the white Camaro in the 3rd pic... Tremec's medium & heavy-duty transmission manufacturing plant is 2 hours north in Pedro Escobedo. Ford's testing facility is in Cuautitlán, about an 1 hour from Toluca. Cuautitlan Proving Grounds/Ford of Mexico contains a high speed track, special surface/low speed track, straightaway, handling course, grades, corrosion/salt bath, twin rolls Major testing: Performance, ride, and handling; corrosion testing and emissions certification.
2013ShelbyMexico1.gif
2013ShelbyMexico2.gif
2013ShelbyMexico3.gif
2013ShelbyMexico4.gif
2013ShelbyMexico5.gif

If this is a re-post please disregard.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
even the sticker reads " demo car". great find Pill....the car definitely exists...someone should post this is camaro5 hehehe

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This popped up on Brad's a week or so ago and I was surprised that nobody here had mentioned it yet either.

2013 Shelby GT500 testing in... Mexico? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Also of note (a quote from Brad's)....I've wondered whether Ford was going to electronically limit the top speed of the coupe (cooling package equipped or not)...

C&D said:
theoretically, any 2013 Shelby should have the muscle to hit 200 mph, Ford will govern the top speed of the convertible to 155, or so, the current Shelby's speed limit....It is also likely that the Shelby coupe without the Performance and Track packages may be governed due to cooling issues.
"You Dropped a Bomb on me, Baby!" Car and Driver-March 2012 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
This popped up on Brad's a week or so ago and I was surprised that nobody here had mentioned it yet either.

2013 Shelby GT500 testing in... Mexico? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Also of note (a quote from Brad's)....I've wondered whether Ford was going to electronically limit the top speed of the coupe (cooling package equipped or not)...

"You Dropped a Bomb on me, Baby!" Car and Driver-March 2012 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

couldn't you remove the limiter with a tune or reflash?

elcobrita

Established Member
Wow this is amazing! I spent alot of my childhood in Mexico. Interesting how they arent afraid of carjackings . They have gone up quite a bit in the last couple of years.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

that seems like a very likely possibility, considering the cooling issues of past mod cars(03/04 cobras) during sustained pulls. i doubt it's a real issue, but more of a precaution.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Seems to me like they already dealt with the cooling issues as noted in my "repost" of the engine write up in 5.0. Lots of cooling upgrades it seems from new water passages in block to larger intercooler/heat exchangers.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That's just the engine. Who knows, maybe the axle and tranny run a bit on the hot side without their respective coolers.

I mentioned it before ("remention") but what are the tires rated to? No way Ford will exceed that rating...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
That's just the engine. Who knows, maybe the axle and tranny run a bit on the hot side without their respective coolers.

I mentioned it before ("remention") but what are the tires rated to? No way Ford will exceed that rating...
looks like you get an "it depends" as far as the GY F1 G:2s go. depending on the size, they have a speed rating of W - 168MPH, Y - 186MPH, or (Y) - 186+MPH. of course, OEMs generally get car-specific compounds(the raptor's BFGs for example), so if ford delivers with some (Y) rated tires, the shelby will be good all the way up to that 202MPH.

on a side note, 202 might not actually be the max speed of the car. that's what they hit on the nardo ring which is a massive banked circle, so there are were probably a couple MPH scrubbed with the wheel being turned the entire time.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
looks like you get an "it depends" as far as the GY F1 G:2s go. depending on the size, they have a speed rating of W - 168MPH, Y - 186MPH, or (Y) - 186+MPH. of course, OEMs generally get car-specific compounds(the raptor's BFGs for example), so if ford delivers with some (Y) rated tires, the shelby will be good all the way up to that 202MPH.

on a side note, 202 might not actually be the max speed of the car. that's what they hit on the nardo ring which is a massive banked circle, so there are were probably a couple MPH scrubbed with the wheel being turned the entire time.

im pretty sure they had said " the car will go well north of 202, we just stopped at that number" im paraphrasing of course....lol

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
For those of you guys who didn't goggled the words in spanish on the white banner at the passenger side, "DESARROLLO DE PRODUCTO FMC" translates to "PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FMC".

Lucky mexicans btw!

svtsupersnake

Banned
that seems like a very likely possibility, considering the cooling issues of past mod cars(03/04 cobras) during sustained pulls. i doubt it's a real issue, but more of a precaution.

Why would they limit the coupe? They said themselves this car will go without any limiters on. The convertible will get a limit on its top speed but not the coupe. Besides why advertise how fast it can go if they will limit it? They said specifically they kept having problems when they kept it limited so they just took off all the electronic limits on the coupe.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Why would they limit the coupe? They said themselves this car will go without any limiters on. The convertible will get a limit on its top speed but not the coupe. Besides why advertise how fast it can go if they will limit it? They said specifically they kept having problems when they kept it limited so they just took off all the electronic limits on the coupe.

To keep insurance costs down, an so that people like you who can't handle it go and kill themselves or others trying to hit 200mph on the freeway.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
For those of you guys who didn't goggled the words in spanish on the white banner at the passenger side, "DESARROLLO DE PRODUCTO FMC" translates to "PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FMC".

Lucky mexicans btw!

U beat me to it lol , BTW from Carolina Puerto Rico here ! I'm sure those new 13s are gona b insane pricey down there ! At least 75-80k ..OP nice find , that car is just plain nasty from scratch

mnewxcv

Established Member
that thing looks absolutely sick in black. murdered out from the factory! I'd still take the dark blue from the other '13 thread, but as far as black cars go, thats gotta be one of the sexiest stock ones ever.

Users who are viewing this thread