Black 97 Cobra..03 motor

mellor_21

Established Member
edit: totalled my mystic, i'll call my bank tomorrow to find out how much i'll need for the down payment, i have 2k and will part out the mystic to make up the difference

anyone know how much for one way tickets to wherever he is from salt lake utah? will it make the drive back? and about how much should i expect to spend on gas if i drive good? just trying to find out how much i'll have to make before i head up.
the part out will sell quick, i've already had people trying to buy everything down to the panels and roller on it

edit2, lol @ the thread jacks.. any way you could switch to the irs before i came out?
edit3, anyone interested in videos of this ride..
TERMINATED97's youtube

Last edited:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
The car would definately make the trip. I think I spend about 140.00 on gas and that was 750 miles I drove it home.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Doug, I think I have a guy coming to buy my car next weekend. Its pretty much set in stone. If you still have this by next weekend I'll be giving you a call. I REALLY want a z06, but may take this off your hands to help out a fellow chicagoan :beer:

brianz426

Established Member
The funny thing is... if I had known you would still have this car after this long. I would have seriously considered trying to get $8k for my 96 when I first saw this ad and snatched this beast. I don't know what I'd do with two nearly identical sn95s with terminator swaps, but they are pieces of art! I can't stand the idea of you giving this to the dealer as a trade-in. Yours was one of the first swaps too if I remember correctly. Do you have it listed on chicago.craigslist.com? Might get some interest from there too.

^Craigslist is a good idea, have you tried e-bay? I have to think it should sell on e-bay.

mellor_21

Established Member
Doug, I think I have a guy coming to buy my car next weekend. Its pretty much set in stone. If you still have this by next weekend I'll be giving you a call. I REALLY want a z06, but may take this off your hands to help out a fellow chicagoan :beer:

if you can get it, by all means do it. but as soon as i get another two grand for the down payment its mine unless he already sells it =)
btw talked to my bank today, soon as i have that other 2 grand cash i can swing it, so it'll just depend on how fast the local mustang guys buy what i've got.
and anyone know what the cheapest airline tickets are?

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Sounds good Grant!

I have had it on ebay 3 times with no luck, the last time about a month ago it got up to 10,800. Never had it on craigs list though.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
if you can get it, by all means do it. but as soon as i get another two grand for the down payment its mine unless he already sells it =)
btw talked to my bank today, soon as i have that other 2 grand cash i can swing it, so it'll just depend on how fast the local mustang guys buy what i've got.
and anyone know what the cheapest airline tickets are?

changes all the time. Check out somewhere like orbitz or priceline. Good luck with the race to pick it up first :beer:

I have had it on ebay 3 times with no luck, the last time about a month ago it got up to 10,800. Never had it on craigs list though.

Not missin much there...i've yet to get a higher offer on craigslist then I ever have on eBay. Being a free service, craigslist brings out ALLLLL the lowballs. Glad to see you're getting some serious leads, bro. Good Luck.

Last edited:

bnice1313

Established Member
Hey send me an email with a number. I could be interested. I live just south of Chi town also.

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Ill go ahead and say now im too broke to buy the car. Gah its nice. But could i bother you to see better pics of your coil pack relocation? I wanna do that to mine.

pest36

Established Member
this car is everything i want; F the new mustangs.
me personally, can't happen til next year. do you believe in fate? haha hold on to it another year and I'll try and take it.... bump anyway for a car that gives me a boner!

NightStalker02

Established Member
Is the car still for sale? If so I have someone that wants a better way to contact you as he is not a member here. He is very interested in your car if you are selling it. You can email me at [email protected] any info that you may have to help you sell this car. By the way where in Chicago are you? We are familiar with the Chicago area and would like to come up and view the car.

Last edited:

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Doug, good luck with this sale.

I was the 2nd owner since the '03 swap. I purchased the car from someone in Denver who did most of the hard work on it. I flew out to Denver and drove it from there home to Baltimore- yes, drove it 1700 miles. Given that the car was tuned for the mile high altitude, I absolutely babied it when driving it home. I immediately got it tuned by Jon Lund up in Pennsylvania. Jon loved this car- said it has one of the most ridiculous torque curves he has ever seen- partly due to the combination of the smaller pulley and higher compression. And that coupled with the differential gearing makes it feel like 5 sledgehammers were hitting you in the back when hitting the loud pedal. I specifically asked Jon to put an err on the side of caution type of safe tune on it- which he did for the '93 octane tune, and he also put a race gas tune on it too for the track. Jon said he doesn't often drive anyone's car that he tunes- but asked to drive this one! Jon grinned ear to ear when we went out after he tuned it! Jon said that with a twin screw blower, an '03-'04 computer and a c.o.p setup- this may be the nastiest streetable car- period.

I didn't want to sell this car. Health issues my wife had forced the sale.

Here was my sale thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-terminator-build-baltimore-md-17-5k-obo.html

Since Doug has already stated what he purchased the car for- I will say it as well... $16,750. In factoring in his purchase price, and then looking at the additional work Doug has done to the car- he is taking a bath if he were to receive his asking price.

Really can't believe this car has been available at this price for this long....

Users who are viewing this thread