Black box recorder...

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
This is a very interesting one which we all knew would make into cars sooner or later. But, the "big brother" thing is my opinion is not a good thing. In addition, there has been very little talk about the new ECU and it's monitoring parameters. You can bet your ass that when Ford plugs into your computer (bad enough with copperhead) they will see even more data compared to past years ecu's. Just a buyer beware of what your possibly getting into if your one the modding type of people. You probably don't want the authorities finding out after an accident that your car has been up to over 120mph 50x before (datalogging...) with dates and very specific information. I bet your insurance company would love to have that information. LOL. JMO.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We all know the data is stored on the car. There's so much software in a modern auto that I'm surprised you don't have to sign a EULA everytime you drive your car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
We all know the data is stored on the car. There's so much software in a modern auto that I'm surprised you don't have to sign a EULA everytime you drive your car.

Im sure its comming

TaraFirma

Established Member
The data recording capability has been on board since the early 2000's, however at this time it is illegal for it to be used by anyone for anything besides accident investigation and safety mitigation purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread