Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And now for the pièce de résistance.

Since the car is now on one side of the garage I really couldn't get good pictures, but you guys get the idea....

Since it was windy I tried all kinds of different options. Garage door open, half open and closed with my lighting. Not sure which are the best, but that hood does look good on the car.

Should go well with the side stripes and blacked out taillight panel.
20220306_135640.jpg

20220306_135717.jpg

20220306_135812.jpg

20220306_140500.jpg

20220306_140542.jpg

20220306_140717.jpg

This is what I wanted. The cowl black when viewed from the side.
20220306_140312.jpg

And here is a close up of the hood and cowl on the car. A perfect match. I was worried about this, but it came out great!
20220306_140512.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As Glenn's heart beats a bit faster. This is just a glimmer of the jewel we're going to see once all the pieces are final buffed and then installed.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That hood, installed is......BEAUTIFUL!
Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

That gif literally made me laugh Bob! Thank you brother! I have to admit this was a WAY better choice than going all black on the hood. I don't think all red would have worked for me either. I think this was the best route to go on this project.

With the blacked out taillight panel and the side stripes I felt the hood needed something to complete the look I was going for.

Thanks again to all of you for your advice, suggestions and contributions to this thread. It really is appreciated more than you guys know!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That gif literally made me laugh Bob! Thank you brother! I have to admit this was a WAY better choice than going all black on the hood. I don't think all red would have worked for me either. I think this was the best route to go on this project.

With the blacked out taillight panel and the side stripes I felt the hood needed something to complete the look I was going for.

Thanks again to all of you for your advice, suggestions and contributions to this thread. It really is appreciated more than you guys know!!!
We were all pretty much just along for the great ride, Glenn. I think I pretty much can speak for most who followed your thread. It was, and still is, informative and fun.

ToddW702

Established Member
Gosh dang brother that hood looks good on the car. Top and bottom. That jewelry box is popping. It must be stressful putting those freshly painted parts back together.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

C2tuck

Established Member
I gotta say, that hood looks so much better than if it were solid black.

Pm me your address so I can start sending my C-10 body panels your way…

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
All I can say is you guys have some great posts!!!

@CobraBob I appreciate you and the others for going along this ride. I know it's my build and I'm doing the work, but you and others have contributed. You guys gave me suggestions on how to set my center console up and you guys have given me ideas on how to paint my hood. So, I do feel you and others are a part of this build Bob. But I do understand your point of view.

@ToddW702 Thank you kind sir! It is a little stressful, but I try to minimize messing with the painted parts. I couldn't help myself with the hood. Also, the hood still needs to be cut and buffed. So, I can fix it if I need too. So, it is stressful to a point, but I get more excited seeing the part in the car than stressed out about the assembly LOL.

@C2tuck Thank you brother and I have to agree with you 100%, it does look better this way. Appreciated your suggestion BTW. LOL, I would, but I don't have the room for C-10 parts or any other parts right now.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glenn, the first time you take your '65 to a car show and pop the hood, when other owners and spectators see THIS, you might want to hand out napkins to catch the drool and be ready for a barrage of questions.

Thank you Bob! Yes sir, I'll be ready, willing and able LMAO!!!

There is a huge Mustang car show taking place in San Diego in October of this year. Member @01yellercobra always helps me out when I take a car to this show. Great guy with a very nice family. I met him through this site as a matter of fact.

Anyway, the car should be completed way before then. However, I want to make that car show the official unveiling of my Mustang. I go to that show almost every year and it is great. Plenty of Mustangs spanning all years. I normally take my Cobra's, but every time I stroll through the classic row I say to myself "just wait until I can bring mine." LOL.

There are definitely some really nice classics out there. However, the majority are original. There are some modified ones, but not to the level of mine.

It is sponsored by the Mustang Club of San Diego and the club gives out trophies or plaques out to the cars club members select. There are also vendor picks such as best engine, best interior, best paint, ladies choice, etc. I have taken both Cobras and have also gone without a car and spectated. I have NEVER won anything at this show.

I'm thinking I will clean house with my 65 LMAO!!!!! J/K, it's not about trophies for me. I have collected plenty over the years. In all seriousness I think I will enjoy talking to other Mustang enthusiast about my car above all else.

Thanks again Bob! I have told @Bdubbs several times that I want a Fox Body, and I really do, but seeing this car in the garage makes the desire for a Fox Body subside for a little while LOL.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

There is a huge Mustang car show taking place in San Diego in October of this year. Member @01yellercobra always helps me out when I take a car to this show. Great guy with a very nice family. I met him through this site as a matter of fact.

Anyway, the car should be completed way before then. However, I want to make that car show the official unveiling of my Mustang. I go to that show almost every year and it is great. Plenty of Mustangs spanning all years. I normally take my Cobra's, but every time I stroll through the classic row I say to myself "just wait until I can bring mine." LOL.

There are definitely some really nice classics out there. However, the majority are original. There are some modified ones, but not to the level of mine.

It is sponsored by the Mustang Club of San Diego and the club gives out trophies or plaques out to the cars club members select. There are also vendor picks such as best engine, best interior, best paint, ladies choice, etc. I have taken both Cobras and have also gone without a car and spectated. I have NEVER won anything at this show.

I'm thinking I will clean house with my 65 LMAO!!!!! J/K, it's not about trophies for me. I have collected plenty over the years. In all seriousness I think I will enjoy talking to other Mustang enthusiast about my car above all else.

Thanks again Bob! I have told @Bdubbs several times that I want a Fox Body, and I really do, but seeing this car in the garage makes the desire for a Fox Body subside for a little while LOL.

That show is a couple weeks before the nostalgic races on Coronado? I would definitely go back and watch the races. Your car will do phenomenal at that car show! I have some family friends from down in San Diego, that would be a decent show to attend

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
That show is a couple weeks before the nostalgic races on Coronado? I would definitely go back and watch the races. Your car will do phenomenal at that car show! I have some family friends from down in San Diego, that would be a decent show to attend

It's around that time. Though I'm not sure if they're coming back.

Glenn, it's definitely good you finished and painted the underside of the hood. It looks much better that way.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Hello Geoff! Thank you for your vote of confidence. I haven't won there yet, but I'm definitely bringing a different weapon this time LOL. It would definitely be cool if you made it the show and I got to meet you in person.

No sir, I've never heard of those nostalgic races. I've been to Coronado to eat every time I go to San Diego, but never seen or heard of these races. Would be cool to go....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It's around that time. Though I'm not sure if they're coming back.

Glenn, it's definitely good you finished and painted the underside of the hood. It looks much better that way.

Thank you Bob! I'm asking myself, why didn't I do this last time? LMAO!!! Guess I wasn't as focused on detail the last time around. I took it to another level during this rebuild and I'm having a blast doing it too. It's not easy, but it is fun and so rewarding when I get to step back and take a look at what I have been able to accomplish.

And reading your guys comments reaffirms what has been accomplished on this build. Pretty cool in my opinion.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

That car show would be perfect for you. This just might be (SHOULD be) the first time you get an award at that Show. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread