Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Established Member
Man, that stripe makes all the difference in the world. It's amazing how big of a deal the little details can be. Great work. I could never get those straight.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Looks awesome! Now go bolt it up to those fancy hinges and let’s see the finished product!

LOL, I wish Chad! It's going to have to dry for a week. Then I need to cut and buff the top and bottom. Then I can think about mounting it up to those fancy hinges LOL.

I need to finish up my radiator cover. I need to install that first because it will be easier to install with the fenders off. Then I can get the fenders installed and finally the hood.

So, I still have a few more items to paint, but once they are done it should go together rather quickly. Not quite there just yet. Almost......

The light at the end of the tunnel is just about hitting me in the face LOL.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Man, that stripe makes all the difference in the world. It's amazing how big of a deal the little details can be. Great work. I could never get those straight.

Thank you 598! Yeah, I had my doubts that I could do it myself. Once I got my orange tape line in place I still had to ensure the blue tape was installed right up against the orange tape line twice LOL. It was a pain in the @$$ to get them laid out correctly. But seeing the end results I have to say it was more then worth it.

A guy on anther site said he normally does not like cowl hoods, but thought mine was one of the best he has ever seen. I thought that was pretty cool of him to say.

Thank you again for providing feedback 598. Always appreciate you viewing my build and for providing positive feedback!

Grabber70Mach

Established Member
ebe3e9fb0b2674837dda5fbb534197c0.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, Glenn, that hood came out PERFECT! Your hood design IMO was perfect as well. The subtle pin striping makes the black cowl flow seamlessly into the red. I absolutely love it. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Man, Glenn, that hood came out PERFECT! Your hood design IMO was perfect as well. The subtle pin striping makes the black cowl flow seamlessly into the red. I absolutely love it. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thank you Bob! I feel the design itself was a community effort. Everyone threw out some ideas and I took all those ideas and put my spin on it.

Pretty cool how my crude drawing matches my final results....

65 Hood Paint 1.jpg

20220227_130723.jpg

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yep! Sad thing is that I've seen paint work that is pretty close to the quality of your "crude drawing". :ROFLMAO:

LMAO!!! Sad, but true Bob! I actually had a car painted in 1987. I thought it looked good compared to the primer paint job I had on it. When my Dad seen it he said it looked like S#!T LOL. I was trying to figure out why he said that. Then later in life, when I got a little older and realized what a quality paint job is supposed to look like, I then realized why he said that LOL.

So, I have seen said paint jobs Bob. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I was looking back at my initial post to see how I started.

I noticed I laid my plan out and I'm VERY surprised how well I stuck to it.....

The new plan:
  • 347 stroker motor (like the one I blew) or possibly step up to a 351W stroked to a 427 :D….. (Went with the 427)
  • Convert to Holley EFI (Terminator system) (Check)
  • Switch from C4 to TKO 600 5 speed from Modern Driveline (Went with American Powertrain, but did get the TKO 600, so Check)
    • All supporting mods to include:
      • Mc Leod dual disc clutch (Check)
      • Hydraulic clutch system (Check)
      • aluminum driveshaft (Check)
  • Ford 9 inch rear end with 3:73 gears (Check)
  • Hedits G-Force front end (Ended up going with a Mustang's to Fear set up)
  • Wilwodod disc brakes all around (Check)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That shows how well you actually set your plan. You certainly didn't launch into it blind or just not being sure. Well done!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That shows how well you actually set your plan. You certainly didn't launch into it blind or just not being sure. Well done!
Thank you Bob. It always seems like plans often change. But, I do have to admit, I have been planning part of this build since before 2010 and finalized the plan from 2015 to 2020 when I actually started.

So, you're correct sir. I definitely didn't go into this build blind. But I am surprised I didn't change it.

I will tell you this. I did find out about a full chassis built by the roadster shop that bolts to the bottom of the car. However, my car was already pretty much done on the suspension and drive train side when I found out about it.

So, if I knew about this chassis before I was so far into the build I would have made that change for sure lol.

Because this is badass!!!!
Roadster Shop Chasis 01.JPG

Roadster Shop Chasis 02.JPG

Roadster Shop Chasis 03.JPG

Roadster Shop Chasis 04.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread