Black widow in my backyard...

SVTurbo 98

E85 addict
Established Member
I was doing some yard work today and found this inside an empty flower pot in my back yard.

_DSC0069.jpg

_DSC0010.jpg

_DSC0242.jpg

_DSC0245.jpg

_DSC0243.jpg

I let it live. For whatever reason spiders don't bother me as long as they're outside.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I come across black widows almost every day for work. I was catching them for a while but have been leaving them alone as of late. I had one crawl across my finger tip a few weeks back.

They aren't as scary once you read about them on Wikipedia. Less than 5% of bites are lethal.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I come across them all the time as well. Here at my fire station we have Brown widows everywhere. I heard they lay like 1600 eggs or maybe its 16000 I cant remember. Either way I deff dont feel bad about one less one in the world when I get done with it.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
**** you! - SVTP

lol, in all seriousness I usually am not too bothered by them as long as they stay out of my garage.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You leave it alone.. and then one day when you're sleeping and it crawls into your mouth you'll be like shit I should have killed it.. Happy Dreams :D

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
found one in my garage last month, first one Ive ever seen in person. I promptly sprayed it and all its egg sacks with brake cleaner before smashing them. Normally I dont go outta my way to kill em but Widows/recluses gotta go

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
They aren't as scary once you read about them on Wikipedia. Less than 5% of bites are lethal.

You go ahead and get bit by one... see how that works out for ya... pain is said to be like being stung by 100 bees at once and it lasts for hours. And if you have small children, the mortality rate is a LOT higher.

These, bark scorpions, and brown recluses die immediately or get caught and put in a jar to fight other shit at my house. anything that puts me, my family or my pets in danger dies or gets captured... anything else... Ill leave it be and let it kill all the annoying bugs.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
I come across them all the time as well. Here at my fire station we have Brown widows everywhere. I heard they lay like 1600 eggs or maybe its 16000 I cant remember. Either way I deff dont feel bad about one less one in the world when I get done with it.

"brown widows" are not any more leathal than its distant cousin...

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
You go ahead and get bit by one... see how that works out for ya... pain is said to be like being stung by 100 bees at once and it lasts for hours. And if you have small children, the mortality rate is a LOT higher.

These, bark scorpions, and brown recluses die immediately or get caught and put in a jar to fight other shit at my house. anything that puts me, my family or my pets in danger dies or gets captured... anything else... Ill leave it be and let it kill all the annoying bugs.

Average health human is less likely to die from a black widow bite, the sick, young kids and the elderly have higher chances to suffer worse symptoms via the toxins

Had killed 3 in my room the other day, not really a big deal they where all in places that don't get traffic from me or others. I was moving my pack and found a unhathed nest, smooshed it and didn't see the female... Found her on the ground, she make a safety line and ran when I moved the pack to begin with. She was promptly smooshed like the 2 males I found chillin on the floor a few days earlier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread