Blew my rear at 4,000rpm

Snake500

Chelo
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y_dKjFnV0c"]YouTube - MOV009[/nomedia]

The car was bogging of the line all day so I decided to go with a little higher RPM. It wasn't a stock rear it was a built 8.8 rear. Just not strong enough at 4000 RPM.

Last edited:

Snake500

Chelo
Established Member
Awww Man! Sorry to hear. Must have happened after I left. Now you can build it stronger for that 2.8LC you want.

Good luck and nice meeting you.

Mike

It was nice to meet you too.. maybe it was the ice you gave me to cool the blower gave me too much horsepower lol:rockon:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
It was nice to meet you too.. maybe it was the ice you gave me to cool the blower gave me too much horsepower lol:rockon:

LOL! Funny! I was going to kid you on the ice too, but don't know you that well and didn't want to piss you off. Glad to see you're in good spirits about it.

What all did you have done to the rear?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
At your power level your very fast. In fact I'm surpisedyour rear broke

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
HMMM! Makes me want to rethink my new launch rpm. Snake, was it a dump off the line or did you slip it a little before going WOT?

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
I don't think is your rear end. I've seen them brake and It didn't sound like the rear. For what I see in the video. I could be your drive shaft. Do you have a stock one. The stock drive shaft is not very strong. Your rear should hold at least 750 hp. 8.8 rear are very strong. And we have 31 spline axles from factory. So let us know. I'm very curious.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
8.8s can be built very strong. HOWEVER, when not using a spool the spider gears in the differential are a weak link. After that is addressed shearing teeth off ring and pinion can also be typical in high weight/trq applications (such is your case) or high RPM instances i.e 7000+rpm. A cause can be improper backlash and tooth alignment also.

Last edited:

cruzing2much

Established Member
I don't think is your rear end. I've seen them brake and It didn't sound like the rear. For what I see in the video. I could be your drive shaft. Do you have a stock one. The stock drive shaft is not very strong. Your rear should hold at least 750 hp. 8.8 rear are very strong. And we have 31 spline axles from factory. So let us know. I'm very curious.

He is running an aftermarket aluminium driveshaft and when i got under the car everything seemed fine. when under the car you can hear all kind of noises in the rear like broken teeth or something we'll find out later today.

CPRsm

Don't forget if it wasn't done before to use a solid crush sleeve !!!
Sorry to hear it. But that's part of the game I guess.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
You're car sounds SICK!! That stinks dude!!!! I know the feeling twice....Build it stronger.....What broke?

Snake500

Chelo
Established Member
137f8f3a.jpg

4bfeac6e.jpg

e11d94d0.jpg

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Silly, "built" means an FRPP cover. Sheesh!

:-D

I can make out the word "Eaton" on what remains of the differential (to the left of the ring gear). But that's about it.

True-Trac?

Users who are viewing this thread