Blowing pcm fuse

NoSvtCorbett

Established Member
I’ve read some discussions about people blowing the pcm fuse but they don’t seem to have my problems so I’m seeing what everyone thinks. I recently changed my intercooler under the supercharger. I drove the car to work the next day and it drove fine that morning about 25 miles to work. That afternoon I drove it 15 miles back into town on my way home. I did a few pulls in the car on the way home. After the last pull I blew the pcm fuse in the car. I looked into some chats on here where people were chasing the problems. I’ve ruled shorts out and changed my ccrm in the car and still blowing it. I can crank the car and it idles fine and rev it just sitting still. Pull out the drive way and put a small load on it and it blows the fuse. Any ideas? Guess I’m going to order a pump next.. car has 93,000 miles

D3_cobra

NoSvtCorbett

Established Member
I’ve triple checked all my wiring. Thought about injectors or the fuel pressure sensor or the rail sense I had it all off changing my intercooler. Just wish I could pinpoint it without buying one thing at a time. I’m sure it all needs to be done anyway with high mileage, it’s just getting under my skin that I can’t find the problem

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Your ECU has built in injector and ignition drivers. Possible an injector or coil is failing or shorting and pulling to much current blowing the fuse.

hotcobra03

Established Member
what exact fuse number are you blowing?

when you did work..did you pull complete lower intake as a unit?

MG0h3

Established Member
Your ECU has built in injector and ignition drivers. Possible an injector or coil is failing or shorting and pulling to much current blowing the fuse.
Sounds like a good theory.

Could also be when the engine torques over a wire you that was exposed after your work is shorting.

Either way, in my experience if a problem starts right after I did work it was my fault. I'd check the harness/connections that you disturbed.

NoSvtCorbett

Established Member
Ive changed my frpm and ccrm now and car isn’t dying but I think I’ve got a vacuum leak of some sort. I’m trying to defuse that situation but nothing is throwing a code. If there was a leak, would it not throw a code? I took my lower intake off too when I had the supercharger off, I was changing the intercooler in it. Needless to say it’s some odds and ends but I’ll get them figured out. I just got the car a month ago pretty cheap

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Depending on the tune and how far things are off it may not throw a code. With the car fully warmed and idling try squirting some carb cleaner around the areas you suspect a vacuum leak. You'll hear the idle speed change confirming a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread