Blown motor on '98 cobra, WHAT NOW??

97cobra1

Established Member
I spun some bearings earlier this year. Ended up going with a FRPP n/a aluminator shortblock through one of the supporting vendors on this site.

My entire build cost me a little shy of 8 grand, but that's including some other stuff as well. clutch flywheel etc. and i got amazing deals on brand new ford racing pats, and awesome deals on other stuff from the other vendors here.

If you decide to keep it and fix it, there's a ton of knowledge on here.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^what he said..or find a lincoln mark 8 motor at the boneyard..swap the intake manifold a few other things (little more involved than i described but not bad) and whala..ur done for about 1000$

98vortechcobra

I spun some bearings earlier this year. Ended up going with a FRPP n/a aluminator shortblock through one of the supporting vendors on this site.

My entire build cost me a little shy of 8 grand, but that's including some other stuff as well. clutch flywheel etc. and i got amazing deals on brand new ford racing pats, and awesome deals on other stuff from the other vendors here.

If you decide to keep it and fix it, there's a ton of knowledge on here.

Sounds great, I don't mean to sound helpless here but exactly which vendors are you referring to? If i could pick one up for less than $4k I'd go with that

Users who are viewing this thread