Blowzilla Oil Blowout Ad-On?

umustdv8

Established Member
I've seen it on a car here, but I did a search and couldn't locate anything. My KB is on its way with the 15 psi pulley. I hear I don't need it with this pulley, but I want to get that add-on that gathers the oil that comes out at high boost levels. Can anyone help? Thanks.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I can't justify coughing up 400 bucks for that. 2 braided hoses, 4 fittings, and a hunk of aluminum.

Is that yours toofast?

lethal

Established Member
I would say that is his, looks like there is the steeda CAI and the MM CC plates. I know he has the KB as well, so most likely, that's his.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Is that yours toofast?

Yes it's mine. I dyno'd 550 rwhp on Diablo's dyno and Patrick said that is equivalent to 600 rwhp on a regular Dyno. He was happy with the results.

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I think Herman's kit makes the KB look sooo much cooler too! :D I have one sitting on top of my toolbox at work just waiting to be installed. Oh yeah it isn't $400 either. Also it is not just a hunk of aluminum either. Good work HBH! -Mat- :thumbsup:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
It's $329 and worth every penny if you:

-- don't like cleaning oil from all over your engine bay
-- don't want to risk your life with an oil slick being deposited in front of your front tire.

kb20.jpg

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Yes it's mine. I dyno'd 550 rwhp on Diablo's dyno and Patrick said that is equivalent to 600 rwhp on a regular Dyno. He was happy with the results.

:eek: Is that a 17lb RR pulley? I'm glad you finally got the thing running like a champ. I'm getting a little annoyed with this whole predator thing myself.

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
:eek: Is that a 17lb RR pulley? I'm glad you finally got the thing running like a champ. I'm getting a little annoyed with this whole predator thing myself.

Yes it is the 3" RR non-slip pulley. I am not sure it is 17# yet I only see 15# on my gauge, but it is hard to really watch it when you are at that boost.;-) It was 90+ degrees outside and that was the 5th pull in a row which was the last so the car was very hot and a conservative 11.5 a/f tune. I have very good traction in all gears, but first it is a joke.

sn8kbite

Established Member
what is this oil spray issue everyone is posting about with the kenne bell blowzilla?
It sounds like a major design flaw to me.
My eaton doesnt piss oil all over the engine bay and its seeing 18 pounds of boost.
Does kenne bell inform buyers of this issue?Or do they let you buy it and find out on your own?
Has anyone contacted kenne bell personaly about the problem to get a fix in the works?
Seems to me that i woul dbe very very pissed off if i spent 3 -4 grand on a blower to find out it shit all over my engine bay.
I was considering making this purchase but the more i read the less im convinced it would be a wise choice.

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You blow oil all over the place at higher boost levels 15+ psi.

KB knows about it. Their lame fix is a few fittings and some tubing.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by sn8kbite

Does kenne bell inform buyers of this issue?Or do they let you buy it and find out on your own?
Has anyone contacted kenne bell personaly about the problem to get a fix in the works?
They have a fix. It's a tube that vents the oil to the fender well by the air filter. :rollseyes
btw...a substantial amount still sprays out the blower snout with the KB fix.

sn8kbite

Established Member
hmmm,sounds like a very poorly designed product.
Count me out,unless they have plans of redesigning it so it works properly.
I really dont need any engine bay fires or any oil slicks at the drag strip to put me into a wall.
Guess i wll spend my money elsewhere.
Anyone heard anything about how the compcams blower cams perform?

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
They have a fix. It's a tube that vents the oil to the fender well by the air filter. :rollseyes
btw...a substantial amount still sprays out the blower snout with the KB fix.

Are you serious? I like things clean. If I buy this thing and it still blows oil out, I'm going to be pissed!

umustdv8

Established Member
Also, I have the Steeda strut tower brace. I wonder if it'll clear that. Can you mount that thing in a different spot, or is it one spot only?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
Are you serious? I like things clean. If I buy this thing and it still blows oil out, I'm going to be pissed!
Just to be clear, the Horespower by Hermann kit fixes the oil spray completely. The Kenne Bell fix that is included in the kits is the one that still sprays oil.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Another thing that should be noted is that the oil that is spewing from the blower is the blower's oil, not engine oil. The blower has a limited capacity and if it runs dry, which I imagine it would using KB's fix, or no fix at all, then you can imagine the consequences.
Herman's returns the oil to the blower, thus, no loss.
If you have any unanswered questions, call Don at Modular Madness. He can help you out.
Dana

Users who are viewing this thread