Blowzilla Oil Blowout Ad-On?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
umustdv8 - I don't know if the steeda brace will fit? I saw it on an eaton car and it was pretty much as close to the eaton as you can get without touching it. Actually, the one I saw, sits in-between the horizontal slits on the eaton. So I really do not think it will fit with the KB

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Hey Toofast who work's on your car?

I have done all work on my car myself. The only thing I have had help on is the welding on the subframe connectors and exhaust and the tune.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
Also, I have the Steeda strut tower brace. I wonder if it'll clear that. Can you mount that thing in a different spot, or is it one spot only?

I highly doubt it. The Steeda strut tower brace can only be mounted in one location. Have you purchased it yet if you haven't you don't want it. I can go into details why, but a strut tower brace has minimum if any gains on a mustang platform due to the suspension configuration. It does provide some rigidity reinforcement which is good especially in a vert or coil-over applications, but both Steeda and KB product offering are inadequate to accomplish this. You will be much better off going with a good 4-point k-member brace like the MM offering. If you come to the SVTOA meeting today you can see a couple 03s with screws and see the room available.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Just to be clear, the Horespower by Hermann kit fixes the oil spray completely. The Kenne Bell fix that is included in the kits is the one that still sprays oil.

Ahh... ok.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Another thing that should be noted is that the oil that is spewing from the blower is the blower's oil, not engine oil. The blower has a limited capacity and if it runs dry, which I imagine it would using KB's fix, or no fix at all, then you can imagine the consequences.
Herman's returns the oil to the blower, thus, no loss.
If you have any unanswered questions, call Don at Modular Madness. He can help you out.
Dana

Alrighty. I just ordered the 100mm Metco Idler kit from them, and he seems like a nice guy. I'll order it if any oil comes out with my 15 psi pulley.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
umustdv8 - I don't know if the steeda brace will fit? I saw it on an eaton car and it was pretty much as close to the eaton as you can get without touching it. Actually, the one I saw, sits in-between the horizontal slits on the eaton. So I really do not think it will fit with the KB

My strut brace sits a 1/4 inch above the eaton. Does the KB sit taller then the eaton?

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
I highly doubt it. The Steeda strut tower brace can only be mounted in one location. Have you purchased it yet if you haven't you don't want it. I can go into details why, but a strut tower brace has minimum if any gains on a mustang platform due to the suspension configuration. It does provide some rigidity reinforcement which is good especially in a vert or coil-over applications, but both Steeda and KB product offering are inadequate to accomplish this. You will be much better off going with a good 4-point k-member brace like the MM offering. If you come to the SVTOA meeting today you can see a couple 03s with screws and see the room available.

Sorry. I meant can the oil fix cylender be located somewhere else?

I'll be heading down to the SVTOA meeting today.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Sorry. I meant can the oil fix cylender be located somewhere else?

I'll be heading down to the SVTOA meeting today.

Then you will see your options for yourself. Yes it is possible to have the unit mounted differently.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by sn8kbite
what is this oil spray issue everyone is posting about with the kenne bell blowzilla?
It sounds like a major design flaw to me.
My eaton doesnt piss oil all over the engine bay and its seeing 18 pounds of boost.
Does kenne bell inform buyers of this issue?Or do they let you buy it and find out on your own?
Has anyone contacted kenne bell personaly about the problem to get a fix in the works?
Seems to me that i woul dbe very very pissed off if i spent 3 -4 grand on a blower to find out it shit all over my engine bay.
I was considering making this purchase but the more i read the less im convinced it would be a wise choice.

Good questions and comments.
I've never heard a good word on the KB high boost 'fix', always heard raves about Hermann's 'fix' except for a couple of people yakking about the price. As a potential buyer, I'd like to know if I have to budget for addons.
Could it be that no one at KB comes to this forum?
JW

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
KB blows and has for the past decade (as long as I've known them)

If there was ever any doubt to their terrible customer service. You can read horror stories of the man himself at KB (jim) yelling YELLING at customers who call for help.

KB will never fix this problem, god knows I hope none of you ever need replacement parts for your blowers. As someone contemplating buying this blower, I suggest you do your research at several mustang websites (definitely not just here, as many of the 03' guys are totally new to the the mustang scene and dont have 10+ years of experience with the aftermarket players)

HBH's kit looks awesome, and he can charge whatever he damn well pleases since KB has everyone by the balls and won't lift a finger. THe point is though, KB if it was a decent company would fix the issue and there would be no need for hermans kit.

Anyway, /rant off.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Then you will see your options for yourself. Yes it is possible to have the unit mounted differently.

toofast4u: Your car is awesome! I have a video of you blowin' by me :beer: I'll PM a link to you for your approval then you can share it. What rwhp do you want it to say?

Man, that KB sounds sooooo sweet when it whines up!!!!.

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
toofast your car looks absolutley amazing. Very nice.

You gotta see it in person. I have not witnessed it running down the track, but I'll be there when he runs it. It really is something to behold.

I can't wait until mine grows up like his =)

John

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?

If there was ever any doubt to their terrible customer service. You can read horror stories of the man himself at KB (jim) yelling YELLING at customers who call for help.

KB will never fix this problem, god knows I hope none of you ever need replacement parts for your blowers. As someone contemplating buying this blower, I suggest you do your research at several mustang websites (definitely not just here, as many of the 03' guys are totally new to the the mustang scene and dont have 10+ years of experience with the aftermarket players)

HBH's kit looks awesome, and he can charge whatever he damn well pleases since KB has everyone by the balls and won't lift a finger. THe point is though, KB if it was a decent company would fix the issue and there would be no need for hermans kit.

Anyway, /rant off.

I think you are totally right about KB. When I e-mailed them about buying some items from them back in Feb, I received a reply in 1 or 2 days. About three weeks ago I e-mailed them inquiring about the Blowzilla and it's oil-spray problem, and any possible fix coming from them (besides the tube into the wheel well). I havn't heard a thing from them yet.

BTW, toofast, your car looks awesome. I wish my RR pulley was attached to a twin-screw.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
toofast4u: Your car is awesome! I have a video of you blowin' by me :beer: I'll PM a link to you for your approval then you can share it. What rwhp do you want it to say?

Man, that KB sounds sooooo sweet when it whines up!!!!.

Show me the vid!

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?

Anyway, /rant off.

Hmmm,
I called KB(for a tech question) while installing the blower in my Lightning and was treated great. He even asked my to do something to the blower to prevent a vaccuum leak and for my troubles they sent me out a shirt and when I asked if they could send an extra one for my brother and I would pay they sent em both no charge. The fella I talked to was extremely nice and helpful and knew the answer to my question right away. Every company has there problems, it comes with being in business. -Mat-

Users who are viewing this thread