Blowzilla Oil Blowout Ad-On?

Lomancobra

Established Member
Re: The oil spray issue has nothing to do with the quality of the kenne bell blower..

Originally posted by hpbyhermann
Edited by L.L.

Wow, sometimes this site makes me want to campaign against censorship.
What could he have possibly said that would merit deleting his entire post? Everyone on this site can benefit by the knowledge of this man, its a shame that bullshit contracts and agreements have to get in the way of the true enthusiasts.

I frequent this site alot but its shit like this that makes me wish that everyone would convert over to www.modularfords.com

:kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
just want one thing to be known about me........

I am here as a fellow svt enthusist........not as a vender in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!! i have 2 03' cobra's and have owned two 93' cobra's a 95 lightning and a 97 cobra vert in the past........just wanted to get that straight with the management:beer: and to clear the air further.......I HAVE TRIED TO BECOME A SUPPORTING VENDOR........and would still do so....

Last edited:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: The oil spray issue has nothing to do with the quality of the kenne bell blower..

Originally posted by Lomancobra
Wow, sometimes this site makes me want to campaign against censorship.
What could he have possibly said that would merit deleting his entire post? Everyone on this site can benefit by the knowledge of this man, its a shame that bullshit contracts and agreements have to get in the way of the true enthusiasts.

I frequent this site alot but its shit like this that makes me wish that everyone would convert over to www.modularfords.com

:kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

We have been down this road a million times. Maybe your right, we could benefit from Herman's knowledge. However, we cannot allow vendors to advertise their products on the forums for obvious reasons. Well, maybe not so obvious..? This site is SUPPORTED by Authorized Vendors, it is my policy to keep the authorized vendors to a minimum to alleviate arguments between such companies on the forums. Vendors/Companies have been posting as members here for a long time, they keep their posts within the guidelines by not advertising their products. If a non-authorized vendor cannot follow those rules then we take action.

If you want to go over to ModFords, go ahead. They are a good group, I'm sure you will enjoy it over there. :read:

-Steve

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: just want one thing to be known about me........

Originally posted by hpbyhermann
I am here as a fellow svt enthusist........not as a vender in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!! i have 2 03' cobra's and have owned two 93' cobra's a 95 lightning and a 97 cobra vert in the past........just wanted to get that straight with the management:beer: and to clear the air further.......I HAVE TRIED TO BECOME A SUPPORTING VENDOR........and would still do so....

I understand and appreciate that. I did not see the posts, but I trust Larry made the correct decision. He has been taking care of incidents such as this for a long time now, he is very good at it and he knows exactly what is acceptable and what is not.

As I said, I did not see the posts. Please keep it within the guidelines from now on and we won't have anymore problems.

-Steve

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
While there will always be someone with good experiences from any bad company, I would say it is impossible to base whether they are a good company or not by one person's experience. (or a bad company on that token)

I don't know, perhaps KB has changed, maybe they don't let jim anwser the phones anymore, maybe he took some anger managment classes, I wouldn't know as I decided a few years ago to never support such a horrid company. If they have improved I wish them well, but it will take many more years to undo the tarnished image they made in my mind many years ago.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I think we would all benefit if the vendors were not kept to a mininum. It would be great to have one big site with alot of vendors so we wouldn't have to go from site to site to keep up with the newest parts. I am not sure if this can be done but it cant hurt. I think it would be great if HBH was a vendor.
it is my policy to keep the authorized vendors to a minimum to alleviate arguments between such companies on the forums

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I think KB like many small companies are just very busy and customer support is lacking due to that. As for the oil spray, I dont think KB realized the 03's were as strong as they were and that almost everyone who had one would be pushing it to the limit and thus didnt see the spray as a problem.

coleman

Established Member
i want to see pics of someone's home-grown, do-it-yourself, albeit ugly oil spray kludge...
i don't care how ugly it is ... we need to start somewhere!

i don't even know where to begin ... home depot? what size fittings? rubber tubes? catch-can where? snout too?

HELP!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
This is how I envision it working...

You might need addition gates to prevent the oil from venting.

The idea is pretty simple though. As the air sprays into the device, it sprays against a piece of metal causing the oil to drip to the bottom while any air pressure that developes is vented out through the top.

A hole on the bottom allows the oil to flow back to the snout.

This isn't rocket science. Hopefully I will have a KB in less than a month. When/if I get one, I will develope something that works.

I have all the tools/supplies/technology at work to make this happen. As nice as herman's kit is, 330 bucks is WAY too much money. That's almost as expensive as a throttle body and there is no way in hell, that kit takes the same time/engineering to complete as a billet flow/accufab tb.

If that kit was 200 bucks I'd probably buy it, but for 330... I feel like I am being taken advantage of.

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
it could be cone shaped too, right ... with the end of the funnel running back to the snout.

but the device needs to be mounted higher than the snout for gravity to do our work, right...

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
This isn't rocket science.

I beg to differ, last time I took someone for a ride I was told I drove a damned rocket ship and my car is commonly referred to as the "time machine."

This IS rocket science if I bolt it to my car =)

Poor Todd

Established Member

I have all the tools/supplies/technology at work to make this happen. As nice as herman's kit is, 330 bucks is WAY too much money. That's almost as expensive as a throttle body and there is no way in hell, that kit takes the same time/engineering to complete as a billet flow/accufab tb.

If that kit was 200 bucks I'd probably buy it, but for 330... I feel like I am being taken advantage of.

So your time at work doesn't cost money? The materials at work don't cost money? Hermann did alot of test and trial and error to get it right. I don't know about you but to me time is money...lot's of money. $330.00 is a bargain. And it doesn't look like some "Ricer" trying to put together a "trick" oil collector.

Just my $.02

Poor Todd

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Poor Todd
So your time at work doesn't cost money? The materials at work don't cost money? Hermann did alot of test and trial and error to get it right. I don't know about you but to me time is money...lot's of money. $330.00 is a bargain. And it doesn't look like some "Ricer" trying to put together a "trick" oil collector.

Just my $.02

Poor Todd

It costs money, but it won't cost me money. Can you say government job.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest here, but the profit margin on that product is retarded. Like I said before, look at your kenne bell accufab for 369 and look at your hph kb fix for 330. Can you honestly tell me they have the same material cost, engineering cost, and machining cost? I think not.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman

but the device needs to be mounted higher than the snout for gravity to do our work, right...

I believe his kit is. Herman kit has air and oil spray into it. The oil is returned and the air is vented. That's it. Granted it might take a few hours to cutting/welding/testing to get it right, but I always love a challenge especially when all the nay sayers are out and about.

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I believe his kit is. Herman kit has air and oil spray into it. The oil is returned and the air is vented. That's it. Granted it might take a few hours to cutting/welding/testing to get it right, but I always love a challenge especially when all the nay sayers are out and about.

Love that spunk! That's what makes America great. :thumbsup:

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I think we would all benefit if the vendors were not kept to a mininum. It would be great to have one big site with alot of vendors so we wouldn't have to go from site to site to keep up with the newest parts. I am not sure if this can be done but it cant hurt. I think it would be great if HBH was a vendor.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread