BMR Rocks!!!

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I was having a small wobble issue in the rear when power shifting from 3rd-4th-5th and in the acceleration of each gear, with the HP/T increase this wobble got worse and a little scary after 160 mph+++. My first reaction was to call Steeda whom I have purchased all my suspension parts from, I ask the rep over the phone what is the rating for the Urathane bushings on the billet LCA's the rep says 500hp, I tell the guy so even if my car were stock they are not be used??? He then tells me, please come by and we will test the car to see the issue. I get there and the first thing they say is; Ohh that's your diff bushings...then we go for a test drive, you are going to love this one; "your cars aerodynamics is not made to go that fast and you are getting air under the car which causes it to float in the rear"...at this point I realize that this is BS. So BMR to the rescue, Kelly :bowdown: directly pinpointed the issue, you need adjustable LCA's spherical bushings and a proper alignment, the car is now more planted than giant sequoia at Yosemite, took it up to 180mph...trust me it is planted. I would like to personally thank Kelly and the BMR team for your time and knowledge, they are definitely in the forefront of the suspension technology. Here are some pics...BTW Kelly, my fingers are not to happy with the seals...LOL!!!

Regards,

Manuel

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE HOW THE STEEDA LCA BUSHING WAS MOVING UNDER LOAD I/E CAUSING THE WOBBLE AT HIGH SPEEDS!

239845F1-272F-46A2-872B-63200459B1CC_zpsc6y0ycxr.jpg

B59193F3-E2A4-48E5-99FE-B4D926D45C01_zpsez0xgir4.jpg

4B00A27C-A629-4C5B-BEA2-1DC70AA14326_zpskhutkkbz.jpg

30A817D3-9D85-4110-9B0E-81BC7890DDF8_zpsqwsstq2h.jpg

Last edited:

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
I had the same issue with my car last year, the rear would wobble at wot, in the upper rpms. I changed out my stock lower and upper control arms with BMR and its been great ever since!

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Is that a pic of the BMR end? I haven't been paying attention to upgrades or whatever but that doesn't look like the end of my BMR lower. And where did you go for those speeds? out in the glades?

Yes, those are some seals that BMR recommended me to buy to protect the spherical bushings. Warning they are a HUGE PITA to install, but well worth the peace of mind http://www.sealsit.com/rodendboots.asp

Let's just say my beast can make it fairly quickly to 180 mph, LOL.

BMR Tech

Awesome! I am so glad I could help you out Manuel.

Thank you for the props. Just doing my job, and all I can hope is that I do it right. ;)

As I told you previously, if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I like to help out whenever I can, regardless of the choice/brand of suspension.

Enjoy.

ThomasL

Established Member
Niiiiiice!!! So are we gonna line up at the Florida 1/2 mile or what Manuel?? If so, guess i need to make some upgrades!!! And yes, BMR does rock.

C0bra99

Established Member
I'm a little concerned as I have the same Steeda LCA on my car. I called Steeda.ca (yes I'm Canadian) and informed them of this issue. They said the LCA are rated for the car and if I haven't experienced this issue I should be good. Now I don't hit 160 or 180 every day so I'm not 100% sure I have seen this issue. They mentioned that your see the most defection during launch, and if I have this issue I could swap out the polyurethane bushing for the Spherical Bearings. Not sure what to do?

BMR Tech

Best mod I've made to date. Full BMR rear suspension. Can't wait to try the new sway bars.

Wow, thanks for chiming in. I am glad you like your parts. :thumbsup:

Niiiiiice!!! So are we gonna line up at the Florida 1/2 mile or what Manuel?? If so, guess i need to make some upgrades!!! And yes, BMR does rock.

Oh snap.... Call outs! Rumor has it, you are upgrading some parts asap!

I'm a little concerned as I have the same Steeda LCA on my car. I called Steeda.ca (yes I'm Canadian) and informed them of this issue. They said the LCA are rated for the car and if I haven't experienced this issue I should be good. Now I don't hit 160 or 180 every day so I'm not 100% sure I have seen this issue. They mentioned that your see the most defection during launch, and if I have this issue I could swap out the polyurethane bushing for the Spherical Bearings. Not sure what to do?

Honestly....3900+lbs with driver...and 600+ftlbs TQ - me, I don't really like poly. I mean, it works. I have thousands of customers running poly - and Shelby even uses our Poly LCA/UCA on the S1000.....but I just can't help but recommend bearings. They work so much better. Yes, you get a little more NVH - but at the end of the day, I feel more comfortable with bearings on heavy/high powered cars. The last thing you want, is for a poly bushing to break (happens with every company) -and have to fight to not lose control of the car.

I would convert your LCA to bearings, but that's just me.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member

I daily drive my car hard. I would get them changed if I were you, just my two cents.

Manuel

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Just got a call from Steeda and they want to send me new bushings and want to have the ones that are on the LCA's to see why the bushings went bad.

BMR Tech

Just got a call from Steeda and they want to send me new bushings and want to have the ones that are on the LCA's to see why the bushings went bad.

That is excellent. It is good to see companies go above and beyond the "sorry about your luck" approach.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Sounds like a good idea so maybe they can make it fix for it.

BMR Tech

Sounds like a good idea so maybe they can make it fix for it.

The fix is a bearing. We have some "super top secret squirrel" bushings on the way. We have been working on them for 2 years now. We will be labeling them as a "Synthetic Elastomer" -----just a fancy word for the polymer; Polyurethane.

In other words....poly is poly, is poly. You can go super high in durometer like we do, as a "fix" for excessive deflection, but then you run into having cracks, and splits more often. It is a tough decision to make. We want our parts to perform the best, and last the longest, but you can only make a poly bushing so good.

At 3800+lbs....and 600+ftlbs....these cars, IMO, should use a Bearing, or Delrin/Bearing, etc. The issue with that is, the NVH.

Looks like a great upgrade, shame the seals are not pre-installed , wondering if you can order them from BMR that way.

I have installed them for a few customers. If anyone wants to order the Seals It boots (RERS3) and send them to me, to install on some BMR LCA that they purchase....I have no issues doing so.

It really isn't that bad once you get the hang of it. I spent 35 minutes the first time I did it - now I can do all 4 in under 10.

Spherical Bearings and Delrin Bushings are the only way to go...

This is truth. However, the amount of calls from NVH concerns is off the charts! lol

Users who are viewing this thread