bmw 1 series info?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Do you have difficulty reading? Do you have difficulty understanding rules and following them? Perhaps so. Otherwise you would have understood the reference to the SVTP rules regarding flaming in non-smackdown threads.

As for your thread:

WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS OR AT LEAST A LINK!!!

:kaboom:
Too lazy to do your own search for BMW 135i?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I have a 135i on order.. I didn't go all out and it is a bit pricey but it will be a fun ride. On the boards I go to, I have read that currently bmw doesn't plan to sell the Tii version of the 1 series .. instead, they have come out with a bmw performance catalog where you can purchase those upgrades.

IMO, they will release a Tii version or something like it within 2 years ..

Here is a board I go to : http://www.1addicts.com/forums/index.php

Crowley

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
These cars are junk, especially these twin turbo ones. Take it from me guys, don't buy one. If you do,expect it do be in the shop for repairs. I'm a master tech at a BMW dealer so I should know. BMW = CRAP.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
These cars are junk, especially these twin turbo ones. Take it from me guys, don't buy one. If you do,expect it do be in the shop for repairs. I'm a master tech at a BMW dealer so I should know. BMW = CRAP.

Post up your MT certificate.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Why? If you don't believe me then whatever. I dont need to prove nothin.

Saying the BMW 1 series TT car is shit is a bold statement. I got to test drive one here in Germany for about an hour recently. I got up to 230Kph with this car and she was smooth handling. I also took it down some very hard to negotiate roads and the handling was better than my suspension modified 580rwhp 03 Cobra could deliver.
I am not sure you can speak to these cars since they are a first production and the motor is a BMW 3 series 3.0 that has quite good reviews and longevity.
OK I'll say it to your credientials, :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:
I also have to take your word for what you say but i must admit I am skeptical.

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Saying the BMW 1 series TT car is shit is a bold statement. I got to test drive one here in Germany for about an hour recently. I got up to 230Kph with this car and she was smooth handling. I also took it down some very hard to negotiate roads and the handling was better than my suspension modified 580rwhp 03 Cobra could deliver.
I am not sure you can speak to these cars since they are a first production and the motor is a BMW 3 series 3.0 that has quite good reviews and longevity.
OK I'll say it to your credientials, :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:
I also have to take your word for what you say but i must admit I am skeptical.

Your right these cars are nice cars to drive, when they are working right. If you want to buy one, go right ahead. It's your money. I would take a 135 if it wasn't for the problems these cars have.

As far as my credentials go, I dont need to prove anything to anyone.

Go ahead and sell your cobra and get one of these turds (BMW). Like I said, nice to drive... when they work right.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Your right these cars are nice cars to drive, when they are working right. If you want to buy one, go right ahead. It's your money. I would take a 135 if it wasn't for the problems these cars have.

Go ahead and sell your cobra and get one of these turds (BMW). Like I said, nice to drive... when they work right.

That is odd that I can't find anything that would indicate this on different BMW forums .. can you point me to any proof of this?

thanks in advance..

Crowley

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

I sold the Cobra a while back. The BMW 135i is a superior handling car even after mods. 1/4mile is not in my future and the Cobra would have handed the 135i its ass. Even the interior design of the BMW seems much more solid and intersting, almost Germanic if you will.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I like it, I read an article about it in some bimmer mag at Borders Books. The major complaint was the weight, which if I remember correctly was about 3600 lbs. I hope they don't have overheating issues like the auto 335i's do.

ChuckV

Established Member
I like it, I read an article about it in some bimmer mag at Borders Books. The major complaint was the weight, which if I remember correctly was about 3600 lbs. I hope they don't have overheating issues like the auto 335i's do.

Actually, according to people who have weighed it, it's 3217 empy, and just over 3300 with a full tank.

Also, just curious BMW master tech dude, what problems have you seen with the motor?

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Are the 6 series worth the money? What do you think is BMW's best car on the market?

It's worth it I guess. You get all the high tech gadgets and along with it all the problems. Over engineering. Ultimate driving machine? yes. When all is working right.

Let's take the new twin turbo 6 cylinder (n54 engine). On a car with only 6k on the ODO, I have seen heavy carbon, sludge build up on the intake valves. Theses engines use direct injection. Fuel injection goes straight into the comb. chamber. No more fuel cleaning/cooling off the intake valves. Now on a car with only 6k imagine a car with 30k what kind of driveability complaints it will have. Burned intake valves? I can bet on it.

When the 335 came out we have been replacing High pressure fuel pumps left and right. I remember they were on national backorder for the longest time. We had to take them off new cars on the lot and stick those in customers cars.

These cars keep coming back with some kind of fuel system problem. Customers compaint of lack of power, no starts, running rough all due to some sort of fuel problem.

These problems are just the begining. I can't wait for the cars to come in with alittle bit more mileage (30k+) and see what they bring in for us.

But other than that these cars are great to drive, superior handling etc, etc.

I would never buy a new BMW. BMW = CRAP IMO.

ChuckV

Established Member
It's worth it I guess. You get all the high tech gadgets and along with it all the problems. Over engineering. Ultimate driving machine? yes. When all is working right.

Let's take the new twin turbo 6 cylinder (n54 engine). On a car with only 6k on the ODO, I have seen heavy carbon, sludge build up on the intake valves. Theses engines use direct injection. Fuel injection goes straight into the comb. chamber. No more fuel cleaning/cooling off the intake valves. Now on a car with only 6k imagine a car with 30k what kind of driveability complaints it will have. Burned intake valves? I can bet on it.

When the 335 came out we have been replacing High pressure fuel pumps left and right. I remember they were on national backorder for the longest time. We had to take them off new cars on the lot and stick those in customers cars.

These cars keep coming back with some kind of fuel system problem. Customers compaint of lack of power, no starts, running rough all due to some sort of fuel problem.

These problems are just the begining. I can't wait for the cars to come in with alittle bit more mileage (30k+) and see what they bring in for us.

But other than that these cars are great to drive, superior handling etc, etc.

I would never buy a new BMW. BMW = CRAP IMO.

I would agree that BMW cheaped out a bit, but there have been no engine failures yet, that I'm aware of.

Were you aware that Bosch redesigned the HPFP to fix the issue?

I agree that sludge is an issue, for obvious reasons. Direct Injection+Shit Oil+High Heat.

DI technology is VERY damaging to most conventional motor oils. A nearly exclusively ester based oil holds up much better, and that is not what BMW uses. Additionally, oil temps as high as 230-240 are quite common, and the oil BMW uses simply can't hold up to that kind of temperature, especially with the fuel dilution problem.

German Made Catrol seems to hold up a bit better, but BMW is going to be asking for trouble with 15k OC intervals.

When I pick up my 135i, I'm going to be switching to a higher quality oil within 1200 miles, which I think will help with some of the oil problems.

This problem is of course made even worse by the fact that BMW didn't see fit to install a dipstick...

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
^^^ the new HPFP we were putting in were only rebuilds. We are still having cars come in for HPFP failing. We are also throwing in LPFP in these things also.

Change the oil all you want. Cars with only less than 6k are having build up on the valves.

The one thing I always recommend to BMW owners is to drive these cars hard! Don't give a chance for any carbon to build up. These cars like to be driven hard.

ChuckV

Established Member
Huh, I thought they were installing it from the factory now too, I've heard fewer complaints on BMW boards lightly.

As for driving hard, who buys a 300hp car to drive it like a pussy? :-D

Users who are viewing this thread