bmw 1 series info?

v8venomgt

Established Member
+1 kingjay. my buddy is a bmw tech at a very large bmw dealer out here. he pretty much says the same thing that you say about bmw problems/reliability/etc. he still likes the product, but hates the engineering, as well as the customer base. i think hes a mastertech but i dont remember

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
+1 kingjay. my buddy is a bmw tech at a very large bmw dealer out here. he pretty much says the same thing that you say about bmw problems/reliability/etc. he still likes the product, but hates the engineering, as well as the customer base. i think hes a mastertech but i dont remember

Exactly, I like the product, but hate the engineering and customer base.

ChuckV

Established Member
epic ownage :burn:

hey junkie im looking for some go fast goodies for the 1 series... have any good sites?

Go to e90post.com, and n54tech.com

1addicts.com is the big 1series forum.

Those are forums for the N54 engine.

Previously, the biggest tuner was Vishnu, but since the Evo X came out, they've kinda moved on, as they're notorious for doing. The new kid on the block is Helix, and based on early info, they seem to make a good bit more power with a product that costs less that half as much, so they'll probably take Vishnu's place as number one.

Another good option is the Juice Box. Very cheap, but they currently have the fastest 1/4th mile car. Generally, about equal to a Vishnu car, but with a touch less hp, and a touch more torque, so pretty equal in a straight line.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Why does it seem that everyone who works for BMW hates the cars, but no one else does? There are BMWs on the road with over 300,000 miles and they aren't as unreliable as people make them out to be. Check out the Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Survey. They aren't anywhere near the bottom.

I think the reason people who work for BMW hate them is because they get to work on them everyday but know they can't afford to own one. I know KingJay isn't an MT because his knowledge of BMW sucks.

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Why does it seem that everyone who works for BMW hates the cars, but no one else does? There are BMWs on the road with over 300,000 miles and they aren't as unreliable as people make them out to be. Check out the Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Survey. They aren't anywhere near the bottom.

I think the reason people who work for BMW hate them is because they get to work on them everyday but know they can't afford to own one. I know KingJay isn't an MT because his knowledge of BMW sucks.

Haha.. quit kidding yourself. Your like a typical BMW owner. Can I afford one of these? If your talking about a 335 sure I can, I choose not to. Believe what you want to believe dude. When you get your little fugly lookin 135 and you start getting issues all I'm gonna do is laff at you. "why does it cost so much to fix!?" blah, blah, blah. Typical. Your knowledge about cars sucks. Face it, you can't handle the truth. I'm thru with this thread.

v8venomgt

Established Member

:lol: there are technicians out here making anywhere from 80,000-100,000 a year, sometimes more depending. and thats at some of the domestic dealers and large dealer networks. not to mention some places have free benefits, 401k thats matched etc etc which in its own right makes money. someone who has played their cards right making that type of money should be able to afford a bmw, wheather it be new or used. ever wonder why bmw techs hate the cars? theyre engineered in a way that doesnt have the tech in mind so its extremely frusterating. sure theyre great to drive cars, jay never argued that point. hes pointing out the design flaws, cant you see that? anyway, go ahead and get the car, but no doubt once the warranty runs out your going to a) bitch and moan about labor rates and astonomically high cost of parts, or b) dump it. im sure you as hell wont be working on it

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
:lol: there are technicians out here making anywhere from 80,000-100,000 a year, sometimes more depending. and thats at some of the domestic dealers and large dealer networks. not to mention some places have free benefits, 401k thats matched etc etc which in its own right makes money. someone who has played their cards right making that type of money should be able to afford a bmw, wheather it be new or used. ever wonder why bmw techs hate the cars? theyre engineered in a way that doesnt have the tech in mind so its extremely frusterating. sure theyre great to drive cars, jay never argued that point. hes pointing out the design flaws, cant you see that? anyway, go ahead and get the car, but no doubt once the warranty runs out your going to a) bitch and moan about labor rates and astonomically high cost of parts, or b) dump it. im sure you as hell wont be working on it

Umm...you are wrong. Master Techs make 80-100,000/year. A beginning technician starts at $40,000. I know 3 people who have graduated from STEP in the last 3 years and they all said the same thing. Even first year MT's don't make 6 figures. You have to have 5 years experience before you can even sniff $100,000+. Considering this is a Ford board, I expect a lot of people to be misinformed.

KingJay gave up on this thread because he made a false claim, got called out on it by several people and has no knowledge about BMWs to back up his lie.

Point is the N54 is a breakthrough engine and is nowhere near operating at it's full power potential. You can surf every N54, 335, 135 board and I promise you that you will find no major flaws in the design and no major breakdowns of any kind. These cars are holding up extremely well with the power they are making and anyone who doubts that I challenge you to prove me wrong.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member

Oh and by the way, I make more than enough to pay for any maintenance costs on these cars. My weekly paycheck is more than a lot of people put as a down payment on their cars. Not trying to be a dick, but the point is people who buy these cars don't buy them to save money or be cheap because they can wipe their ass with the maintenance money and not give a shit.

ChuckV

Established Member
^ i was checking those out last night

holly crap wtf how can they charge 1700$ for mufflers!!! #$@!$#!

No freakin kidding.

The power gain is sooo small from a catback in N54 cars that it is purely for sound. The Borla exhaust actually isn't that bad, along with a couple of others, but the big names charge an unjustifiable amount of money.

Lightningfr

Banned
No freakin kidding.

The power gain is sooo small from a catback in N54 cars that it is purely for sound. The Borla exhaust actually isn't that bad, along with a couple of others, but the big names charge an unjustifiable amount of money.

ya know shit the tune looks like its the way to go though but still a 1500$ tune :dw:

Lightningfr

Banned
Oh and by the way, I make more than enough to pay for any maintenance costs on these cars. My weekly paycheck is more than a lot of people put as a down payment on their cars. Not trying to be a dick, but the point is people who buy these cars don't buy them to save money or be cheap because they can wipe their ass with the maintenance money and not give a shit.

5year 50k maintenance plan all you pay for is tires

dont let him get to you he is probably there janitor

v8venomgt

Established Member
Umm...you are wrong. Master Techs make 80-100,000/year. A beginning technician starts at $40,000. I know 3 people who have graduated from STEP in the last 3 years and they all said the same thing. Even first year MT's don't make 6 figures. You have to have 5 years experience before you can even sniff $100,000+. Considering this is a Ford board, I expect a lot of people to be misinformed.

KingJay gave up on this thread because he made a false claim, got called out on it by several people and has no knowledge about BMWs to back up his lie.

Point is the N54 is a breakthrough engine and is nowhere near operating at it's full power potential. You can surf every N54, 335, 135 board and I promise you that you will find no major flaws in the design and no major breakdowns of any kind. These cars are holding up extremely well with the power they are making and anyone who doubts that I challenge you to prove me wrong.

i never said anything at all about beginer techs? i just said that there are a lot of techs falling into the 80-100k range, which isnt bad just for turning wrenches and doing some diag work . that said, i dont really see where i was misinformed but i suppose im just nitpicking all i was really saying is making that type of money and living within your day to day means, that would allow you to drive a variety of new/newer bimmers. i think the 1/3 series motors are terrific for the performance side of things. making big power with few modifiations (notice i said few modifications not little $$$) ive heard multiple cases, granted it was 2nd hand of the problems jay had mentioned. beleive it or not, it really doesnt make a differnce to me. i personally would love to own a 1 series turbo. every car has its faults. and just remember not every 3 series owner is posting online, muchless cares for their car community. the majority of bimmer owners finance their cars and have multiple other finanacial obligations. the average consumer of the luxury cars are under the blind impression that they paid xxx for a car, and nothing should go wrong with it...ever. get in the shop, wheather its a writer, or a tech theyll tell you that the affluent people HATE spending money on their cars when things go wrong muchless for maintance.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
wow, "consumer reports" and blah blah blah.

ever heard of paid advertising buddy? this is a world run by money is it not? Typical Bimmer owner. I honestly believe its people like you that give a bad rep for BMW not the cars as much.

I'm the manager at a shop and have seen hundreds of bimmers come and go and almost all of my cousins own one. Why? Status. Not because they went to a mag or an online forum and read teh "breakthrough performance of teh n5whateverthe**** engine"

BMW are notorious for their frequent dealer visits.

for teh 1 series. think about it. 37k otd and 3k for upgrades giving you around 420hp for 40k? screw that! rather buy a c6 or a cobra. i'll take a evo MR over it as well.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Even if he is a BMW tech unlike Ford dealerships that are a dime a dozen some BMW repair shops are almost regional in nature. That means instead of a busted BMW having 30 shops in a 100sq. miles like the Ford tech the BMW tech has people driving dozen of miles to get their vehicle looked at. Under a decent warranty from what I hear.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
A lot of you are judging solely based on your BMW experience. There's a reason you have to make an appointment to have your car worked on; because they are busy. There are always cars coming in and out of those places, but you have to look at problems vs volume sold.

And like Dale said, you don't see a Ford dealer on every corner. Within 30 miles of me there are 2 BMW dealerships and 6 Ford dealers. Hmm....

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Also, BMW gives you a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty with free maintenance for a good part of that. What American company would pay for your oil changes?

Then there's the Certified Pre-Owned warranty. It's another 5 years/100,000 miles, bumper to bumper. Where else can you take a 9 year old car in to have it worked on under warranty?

I can see that a lot of you are misinformed and are products of stereotypes. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people on this board have never owned a BMW and are only basing their decisions on what they hear from the haters.

I give up trying to defend BMW, although they are superior to Ford in every single way. Sounds strange coming from someone who will soon own a Ford, but at least I can admit when a company makes a better product than something I plan on owning.

Lightningfr

Banned
ive said thatl ike 4 times 5 year 50k mile service and
my focus has a 100k mile warrenty :D but i have never had any problems with it so..

i still think im getting the 1 series unless ford pulls some majic out of there ass and make one sweet boss mustang

Users who are viewing this thread